The Horror Movie thread

I hear the remake of Let the Right One In is practically a shot for shot remake. So fuckin utterly pointless as usual. Thanks for the innovation America. Other countries do new things with film and America rips it off over and over.

On a happier note, I think I may have posted it but here it is again

Last edited by a moderator:
Alrighty, it is that time of the year...what horror flicks are you going to be watching? Right now I'm half way through a Friday the 13th marathon, will be starting Jason Lives soon.

Went on a Raimi stint, rob zombies 2 Halloween flicks, hatchet, and laid to rest. Going to drop the gore factor a notch and some actually spooky movies to the days to come.

If you guys wanna check out two really classy horror flicks...check out:

1) Burnt Offerings. Great haunted house movie, with some supremely chilling moments that build to a really good ending.

2) Let Sleeping Corpses Lie. Very unique zombie movie that was made a few years before Dawn of the dead...and only a couple after Night of the Living Dead, so it isn't derivative at all.

Fun Fact Burnt Offerings is the name of the best Iced Earth album. I have a hard time applying that title to anything else.

Just watched the new Nightmare on Elm Street. I enjoyed it. New Freddy is pretty awesome. His voice echoed nice on my stereospeakers. :)

Watched the new Friday the 13th last weekend. It was pretty good too. It was a little weird that they showed so much of Jason, the "mystery" faded a bit, and reminded too much of Chainsaw Massacre.

Just watched the new Nightmare on Elm Street. I enjoyed it. New Freddy is pretty awesome. His voice echoed nice on my stereospeakers. :)

Watched the new Friday the 13th last weekend. It was pretty good too. It was a little weird that they showed so much of Jason, the "mystery" faded a bit, and reminded too much of Chainsaw Massacre.

As a long time Jason fan I thoroughly enjoyed the new Friday the 13th. Still haven't seen the new nightmare...no Englund as Freddy discouraged me.

Watching Trick R Treat at the moment, love this flick for what it is.