The Horror Movie thread

spaming in BB forum is no wonder, talking seriously is :)

I'm not taking it seriously, haha. I could honestly give a shit. I'm just curious why it is the way it is. I visit this place pretty much only to check out this thread anymore and even that is pretty rare. Discussion forums are for discussing shit. When it all breaks down into baby talk (which is what this shit is, basically), why come back?

Another question, actually. Do you wonder why none of the guys from the band drop by anymore? Wonder why?

The place is what you make it, you know? This is the only forum I've ever seen degenerate into one-word and emoticon replies in such a way.

Sorry to "take it seriously" (lol), don't wanna ruin the awesome fun that is spamming. Proceed. :)

yeah i have to agree with dusty on this one.....not that i dont participate

no spamming here though :(, i actually look forward to new posts here

watching Mystic River, not horror, but badass! directed by Clint Eastwood, with Sean Penn, Kevin Bacon, Tim Robbins, Laurence Fishburne

Actually in a way I'd say there are some definite horror moments in that movie, it's pretty intense, especially towards the end. The shit that goes down is more horrific than some actual horror movies.

I just had deja vu.

I'm not taking it seriously, haha. I could honestly give a shit. I'm just curious why it is the way it is. I visit this place pretty much only to check out this thread anymore and even that is pretty rare. Discussion forums are for discussing shit. When it all breaks down into baby talk (which is what this shit is, basically), why come back?

Another question, actually. Do you wonder why none of the guys from the band drop by anymore? Wonder why?

The place is what you make it, you know? This is the only forum I've ever seen degenerate into one-word and emoticon replies in such a way.

Sorry to "take it seriously" (lol), don't wanna ruin the awesome fun that is spamming. Proceed. :)

There are many truths in this post. I don't spam, that's why I have so few posts and I've been here for years. I wish spam was kept only in the Off topic thread, I don't want to wade through pages of smiley's and "interweb speakz lulz" just to hear one horror recommendation. This is exactly why the band never reads here anymore, and I actually worry this forum might get shut down because it gets abused so badly.

Donnie Darko is indeed awesome. I'm still curious whenever I read about it being labeled horror however.

Anyone have any suggestions with a slasher flick or two that have come out in the last few years that are not remakes/sequels? I'm trying to recall one that was recommended to me...Midnight Movie perhaps?

The Descent 2 maybe, it wasn't as good as the first one tho, still quite ok... dunno, been running out of good horror/thriller films lately so I've been watching comedies and drama movies instead, just saw The Wrestler, good movie, lots of drama tho :) or just go for underground/independent and such kind of films, with some luck you'll find a hidden diamond somewhere.

There are many truths in this post. I don't spam, that's why I have so few posts and I've been here for years. I wish spam was kept only in the Off topic thread, I don't want to wade through pages of smiley's and "interweb speakz lulz" just to hear one horror recommendation. This is exactly why the band never reads here anymore, and I actually worry this forum might get shut down because it gets abused so badly.

True.
But!
If Anders would make a thread with some new information, I doubt it would get spammed with smileys and "lolz", at least not the first week or so.
I also think it will get more serious around here in general when there is a new album on the way, but I might be wrong.
Its a pity that some people wont show respect for the few threads that are "serious" and on topic.

The Descent might be one of the better horror-films I have seen the last 5 years (I dont erally watch that many horror-films anymore :) ). Didnt know there was a sequel.

Donnie Darko is indeed awesome. I'm still curious whenever I read about it being labeled horror however.

Anyone have any suggestions with a slasher flick or two that have come out in the last few years that are not remakes/sequels? I'm trying to recall one that was recommended to me...Midnight Movie perhaps?

see no evil was actually decent, it was alright all the way through but there was one part that made me leap out of my seat in a fit of awesome

I dug The Descent so perhaps I will check out the sequel even though most signs have pointed to not watching it. And I'll have to check out See No Evil, that slipped above me radar.