The Horror Movie thread

True.
But!
If Anders would make a thread with some new information, I doubt it would get spammed with smileys and "lolz", at least not the first week or so.
I also think it will get more serious around here in general when there is a new album on the way, but I might be wrong.
Its a pity that some people wont show respect for the few threads that are "serious" and on topic.

i agree :)

also, the only band member who ever posted here was anders, and he doesn't even post in the katatonia forum anymore... i doubt it's because of the spam ;)

It's a sequel, but Hatchet 2 is fucking awesome. On a quality of story scale, it probably falls somewhere between something like Friday the 13th part 3 or part 6. That is to say...it's shit. But the gore is so fucking over the top, that it's one of the most entertaining slashers I've seen in awhile. And unlike Hatchet 1, there is FAR more than just one really cool kill.

Just watch out for Danielle Harris' atrocious acting and you'll dig it.

Also watched a French horror/thriller called Sheitan starring Vincent Cassel as a nutty, psycho housekeeper. Probably one of his most interesting and "outside of the box" roles he's ever done. This is currently available on Netflix Streaming, btw.

for french cinema check out Crimson Rivers 1 & 2.... two of my fav movies. Is not horror, but police/investigation movie

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a sequel, but Hatchet 2 is fucking awesome. On a quality of story scale, it probably falls somewhere between something like Friday the 13th part 3 or part 6. That is to say...it's shit. But the gore is so fucking over the top, that it's one of the most entertaining slashers I've seen in awhile. And unlike Hatchet 1, there is FAR more than just one really cool kill.

Also watched a French horror/thriller called Sheitan starring Vincent Cassel as a nutty, psycho housekeeper. Probably one of his most interesting and "outside of the box" roles he's ever done. This is currently available on Netflix Streaming, btw.

Hatchet 1 and 2 are both fun as hell. Dude there was definitely more than one memorable kill in the first! Ripping that old ladies face in half after chopping Gramps in two vertically was just awesome. I also found the Shovel kill to be pretty amusing in the overkill department although that wasn't exactly original.

Cool I'll throw Sheitan on netflix tonight. I loved the first Hatchet, and wasn't able to make it to theaters for the couple days the second one was allowed in them...but it hits dvd and blu-ray here soon I believe? Its story sucked, but in the good slasher/corn/gorefest kind of way.

Hatchet 1 and 2 are both fun as hell. Dude there was definitely more than one memorable kill in the first! Ripping that old ladies face in half after chopping Gramps in two vertically was just awesome. I also found the Shovel kill to be pretty amusing in the overkill department although that wasn't exactly original.

I'm sure there were a couple, but the only one that was like "HOLY SHIT AWESOME" to me was this one:

The rest of it just didn't stick with me. Hatchet 2 on the other hand, there were multiple times that I cheered.

also, the only band member who ever posted here was anders, and he doesn't even post in the katatonia forum anymore... i doubt it's because of the spam

That's not true at all! Surely, you remember Tumn getting his balls busted by Jonas all the time, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, for a little while after the NMF release as well. But yeah, it hasn't been like that in recent years whatsoever.