The Horror Movie thread

Was indulging in the kills in Hatchet 2 last night. Simply great. Watched Dead Girl for the first time as well, not a great movie or anything but it actually got me to cringe in a few portions which is rather rare. One of the earlier scenes nearly had me turn it off though, the guy running his finger up that girls leg set my nerves off(for some reason more so than all the other shit done to her)...tis one subject that irritates me and no matter how poor the acting would make me want to strangle the character.

Dead Girl is one of the few movies I've ever watched... that just made me feel dirty. I really just wished I hadnt ever watched it by the time I got to the credits.

The movie wasn't too horrible, nor scary, but yeah it treads on subject matter that just makes my skin crawl...and the ending simply didn't justify having to witness such human depravity. Hell, it wasn't only their actions though, the simple simple script and the way it was shot played off of that dirty feeling as well.

Watching Susperia... anybody that hasnt should, and so should anyone that has before.

Is there any decent newer horror movies on netflix?

i havent seen a new good one in a while :(, been watching on some site but im running low after i went through a bunch of the reccomendatons on here

you guys fooled me, Hatched was meh, good gore, but silly movie. A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) was kinda good, silly things is that high school students in usa looks like they are 30 yo, and Freddy looked like a Alien with Down syndrome

saw vanishing on the 7th street, some sort of thriller mixed with some terror, it starts good but that's like for the first 15 minutes, then it builds... and builds... and builds and when you reach the end and you think you'll get an enormous epiphany... you realize it builded nothing really, too bad.

I'm looking for a movie but I can't remember the name, is about some people in a town, the darkness came and they got stuck there, there is supposed to be some ancient monster or something in the dark and they have to fight it, vanishing on the 7th street reminded me to this movie but I just can't remember any actor or the name of the film, just the plot so help bitches :)

there is a awesome Stephen King movie called Storm of the Century, that is a bit like you said

Last edited by a moderator:
no, it's not that one, you can't see the monster or ancient evil or whatever is hiding in the dark, and this thing was supposed to eat people and leave no trace of them, so in the movie someone said that in the medieval age there was something called the children's crusade and that many childrens disappeared from one day to another and it was because of this thing, same with machu picchu.

Watched City of the Living Dead last night... very atypical zombie movie...

Spoilers below

A priest commits suicide in the graveyard of a church, an act that shatters the barrier between hell and earth there... He returns as a zombie type creature (I took from it that he was actually a demon, using the priest's corpse as a vessel) and starts to pick off the town folk and convert them.

The most striking moment of the movie to me was when the priest caught a young girl in his stare... her eyes began to bleed, she foamed at the mouth... then blood starts rolling from her mouth followed by chunks of something or another... then you realize her intestines are being pulled out her mouth, being turned inside out. She sits there with a mouthful of her intestines then they start to spill faster until you see her stomach come out of her mouth. It's one of those death scenes... you just think... fuck that would suck.

It's a pretty good movie I think, but it's from the 70s (i think) gorey italian horror and it's a zombie movie where their objective isnt to eat you, all winning combinations in my book.

Watched City of the Living Dead last night... very atypical zombie movie...

Spoilers below

A priest commits suicide in the graveyard of a church, an act that shatters the barrier between hell and earth there... He returns as a zombie type creature (I took from it that he was actually a demon, using the priest's corpse as a vessel) and starts to pick off the town folk and convert them.

The most striking moment of the movie to me was when the priest caught a young girl in his stare... her eyes began to bleed, she foamed at the mouth... then blood starts rolling from her mouth followed by chunks of something or another... then you realize her intestines are being pulled out her mouth, being turned inside out. She sits there with a mouthful of her intestines then they start to spill faster until you see her stomach come out of her mouth. It's one of those death scenes... you just think... fuck that would suck.

It's a pretty good movie I think, but it's from the 70s (i think) gorey italian horror and it's a zombie movie where their objective isnt to eat you, all winning combinations in my book.

I have that movie I think it is awesome! They do not make horror movies like that anymore :(