The Horror Movie thread

Halloween 2 (2009) is nice, some good gore make up, but they showed Michael's face, wtf

^That's not a big deal, he was unmasked in the original as well, although he didn't look very intimidating back before his sudden growth spurt in 2007

Rec 2 is awesome. I really like how they took what appeared to be your basic zombie virus type of movie and expanded on the religious/demonic aspect that they hint at at the end of the first one.

Also, Rob Zombie can eat dick. He needs to stay away from cameras and microphones.

Halloween 2 (2009) is nice, some good gore make up, but they showed Michael's face, wtf

nice to hear a good review, i think i may watch it now, i enjoyed the first one, it was pretty intense

but of course its a remake so all the die hards hated it

devils rejects was also an excelelnt movie :)

Rob's movies have been fine. Horror movies are just different than they used to be. Myers had to be a fucking giant in the 2000s.

I remember house of 1000 corpses being pretty fucked up the first time I saw it.

Its been discussed i know but i got around to viewing Resident Evil Afterlife. It was as boring as the other 3 untill this kicked in and then after it ended to movie became boring.

Also im still pissed the killed off Carlos in the 3rd one

Last edited by a moderator:
RE:Afterlife was almost unwatchable it was so stupid and badly made. Extinction is the only one that I would watch more than once

^the first one i liked, but possibly out of nostalgia, as it was one of the first zombie movies i saw as a kid. plus i hadnt heard of the games so i didnt get the nerd rage of a non-canon story

the second is most likely the worst movie of all time.

the third was better but......not great, and the fourth was a little better than the third. if people get over the fact that they arent completely (or at all) canon and step back, the first one is actually a pretty cool movie.

don't spoil it duuuude :lol: the devil's rejects was awesome :)

I'm not spoiling a thing! If you paid attention at the end of REC1, you'll see the direction they intend to take it. So you are only spoiled on the subject matter of the 2nd if you didn't pay attention in the first. :p

And I should be clear, I actually liked 1k Corpses and Devil's Rejects. I just hate all his remake shit and I really can't stand his music in the last 10 years or so.

About Resident Evil, I could never get into those fucking films. When the first one came out, the only other horror movie that director had done at the time was Event Horizon, which was badass as fuck. So when they said he was going to direct RE, I was naturally excited. Little did I know it would be a tame shitfest with pretty much no gore at all. Then of course Paul WS Anderson went on to be pretty much one of the most embarrassing directors in Hollywood and it's obvious Event Horizon was a total fluke.

Yeah Event Horizon was a fluke for sure. It's not that he is a horrible director, he does have a few talents, he just can't seem to break out of average film making in general. Everything from casting(Seriously, Milla Jovovich is his biggest prize and that in itself is average), to writing to editing is incredibly standard in his movies. I'm almost positive if he was given the proper script and maybe had some actors with better chemistry he is capable of making a good movie, because production-wise he understands film. He doesn't make abominations like Uwe Boll who just simply doesn't have the sense to make coherent scenes that work.

Yeah Event Horizon was a fluke for sure. It's not that he is a horrible director, he does have a few talents, he just can't seem to break out of average film making in general. Everything from casting(Seriously, Milla Jovovich is his biggest prize and that in itself is average), to writing to editing is incredibly standard in his movies. I'm almost positive if he was given the proper script and maybe had some actors with better chemistry he is capable of making a good movie, because production-wise he understands film. He doesn't make abominations like Uwe Boll who just simply doesn't have the sense to make coherent scenes that work.

Uwe Boll movies are like watching paint dry id rather have a root canal then sit through one of there movies.