The I'm Going/Just Went to a Concert Thread

Just caught Amon Amarth a few weeks ago in Toronto was pretty killer show, loved Ensiferum and Belphegor and AA was better than the last time they were in Toronto at the Opera House when they dedicated Fate of Norns to Vitek. In Sept I caught Nightwish and Sonata Arctica, that was also a VERY good show the bassist was wearin my hat for a lil while was pretty killer .

Remember that gig I had to go...? Yeah, Slipknot, Children of Bodom and Machine Head...

Fuuny story. So, I sold my ticket. To a grinning emokid. Well, and I sold it for twice the price I paid it for, really, but the gig is sold out now. I took pleasure in peeling 70€ out of this idiot. Yeah, I didn't even have to buy the ticket in the first place, but anyway, you do remember I had to come with a chick.

Well. The funny thing -not so funny for me though- is that the stupid emokid is now the chick new boyfriend. He's 15 and about as tall as my hips, not counting ugly and with a ridiculous haircut. The chick is 18, and is quite attractive, to put it mildly. Strange how karma behaves.

Oh, I also made a fool out of myself twice.
First, the girl announces to me: "Oh, you'd love to meet him!"
":err: Who the fuck are you talking about?"
"<name>!"
":err: And who the fuck is he exactly?"
"He's my boyfriend!"
"Oh shi-"
Then I got the idea. Since boneing the girl was then out of the question, I thought I could get the money back and avoid the horrid gig. 'Mmh, since the gig is sold out I might as well sell this guy the tickets', I thought. 'And at a higher price'.
So off I am to meet him.
Lol. First funny thing happening now.
Out in the park, the chick is going to show me her 'new boyfriend', as she keeps on bragging about. She indicates me a bench, where there's the frigging emokid sitting alongside a suntanned macho-man in a sleeveless shirt. 'Well', I thought, 'I really stand no chance against him, how strange she dates a chav though'. And here I go to shake his hand.
The guy looks at me like I had three eyes.
"Hey dude, I'm Carta's, nice to meet ya."
"What the fuck are you..."
"Carta's not him, you douchebag!", she yells.
"Oh. What the...".
As I back away, I seriously take a look at this kid on the other side of the bench. 'What in fuck's name is this... she can't be bumping uglies with this... thing'. And while the giant bozo walks away, he shakes my hand, still hanging in midair, and says with a whiny-high pitched voice:
"Yo, name's <name>, you should be Carta's, aren't you?"
"That... I am".
"How lucky of you to be goin' to see the 'Knots, eh? I'd give anything to go, but it is sold out".
"Really, how... unfortunate".
About 15 minutes pass idly talking about weather, then I say I have to go, since this guy idiocy is pretty clear - if appearances deceive, they clearly did not this time. So I try to walk back home. And I notice the chick is following me...
"Hey. Aren't you with <name>?"
"No, he has to go to dance's lessons"
"Dance- what the fuck, is that moron a ..." My mouth hangs open noticing that I've just insulted her boyfriend.
"That moron!? How dare you! You don't even know him..."
"I know how he looks though". Arr, too late, again, I spoke without thinking. Oh well, the situation is compromised now, at least I'm gonna have some fun.
"He is a sweet guy, he never offends anyone as you do!"
"Oh. I was plainly offended by is haircut, his pimples and his cunning wits".
And that's when a hard slap hits my face, and I see her walking away.
"Your ass is too pretty to be penetrated by that bozo's!", I shout. She shows me her middle finger, pretty politely. Then I notice the people looking at me, and, laughing hysterically, I walk home.

The day later, I met again the emokid.
"Hey"
"Yo."
"Did you say you wanted a ticket to see Slipknot?"
"Yeah, I do".
"It just happens that I have one, and I am willing to sell."
"Really, you do?"
"Yeah, and, since I like you, I can sell it to you, and make you a good deal". For me, of course.
"Oh? How much?"
"I payed it 80&#8364;, you can have it for 70&#8364;, so you don't have to pay for the advance pay".
"Hey, that's cool of you!"
"Yeah, well, you can have it tomorrow, let's meet..."

The day after I sold him the ticket [today], and got away with twice the amount I payed for it.
Just in time to be heard by the chick -which at this point I shall name 'bitch'-, which came shrieking that I had scammed the guy. Lol at the thought of my 'escape': me running with a huge grin on my face, and the guy following me, much in the 'Benny Hill Show' way, until I actually got tired of it and punched the fellow in the mug.
I still haven't heard anything from any of the two, and I guess the kid could actually sue me, but fuck, I don't think he'd actually do it. I hope he doesn't. Nah, he won't.

Gosh. Well, I had my laugh (and my 35 extra euros), and now I could be sued. Well. It was worth it.

And for fuck's sake, I still can't understand why a not-so-promiscuous gorgeous girl can fuck with an ugly child and put down sexy Carta's avances, but, hey, that's the way of the world.

Anyway, time to look forward to Opeth, Cynic and The Ocean in less then a month, now - if the kiddo doesn't sue me. Damn.

edit: some grammar mistakes.

@ Carta's

That was SO Seinfeld.... LOL... if he decides to sue you tell him you'll be his butler for a week!

AND the next time you're in India the moonshine is on you and the 35 Euros :kickass:

___

Watched Satryicon and Sahg the last weekend.

Went in early for the gig and attended the Satyricon press conference, which was under a big-ass tree at the venue. Man, those guys have some issues. To begin with they surrounded themselves with these big motherfucking bouncers who didn't allow the fans or the press to get closer than 3 feet. Once the PC was done the manager (a very 'unmetal' looking fellow with Gucci-like shades, whatever) rambles in Norwegian, and proceeds to announce that the band will leave for the hotel. So Satyr (who looked like Freedie Mercury) and Frost (LOL) stood up to leave and were immediately surrounded by the bouncers and well, they bounced off. The organisers are great pals of mine and over a fag i was told that Satyricon were staying at this fancy ass hotel in Delhi and they made a big deal about a gym not being in the room, and so the band had to be shifted to a fancier-ass hotel. Whatever happened to being tr00. Gigwise they were alright. I mean, Iron Maiden, when they were here, were far more approachable and not son uptight.

The cloud with the silver lining made its appearance with Sahg. What a band. Thomas and I spoke about tattoos, Black Sabbath, Orange Goblin, Gaahl, Nevermore, Porcupine Tree, Bangalore traffic, the weather, my hair, socio-cultural issues, etc. We smoked a few, drank some and I introduced them to something called Sarson-ka-Saag. They loved the namesake and the dish. Their were awesome onstage. Great energy, good sound, great tunes, hell yea!

Nothing much to write home about.

Spyro Gyra is playing here in Bangalore later this month. Looking forward to that :kickass:

saw soulfly last tuesday. was a great show, especially since for nearly half the set, they played sepultura songs. i've seen sepultura once, but with derrick, not max. so, it was especially cool for me to hear my favorite sepultura songs done by max.