the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In agreement.

And... since when were the Smashing Pumpkins "dangerous"?

:lol: They were just like every other 90's alternative rock band
But i'd say that Alice in Chains and Soundgarden were more "dangerous" than the other bands that they slipped into the "grunge" genre,like Nirvana,Stone Temple Pilots,Pearl Jam,etc...for distancing themselves away from the bands I just mentioned(and although hitting the same popularity), and incorporating metal,country and blues into their music.

You do not really hear any new bad ass bands like alice in chains,soundgarden,etc.. on the radio. It's weird

I am not really a big grunge fan but looking at the radio and current music scene some of the bands are really good and if grunge was big again it would be a relief. I even don't mind hearing a Nirvana song anymore because next to all the girly emo bands nowadays it's good.

that's because radio sucks.

I agree. Classic rock stations are not to bad.

Everytime on the radio I hear a fucking 3 doors down song,nickelback and a bunch of emo bands that sound exactly the same and it fucking pisses me off.

I agree. Classic rock stations are not to bad.

Everytime on the radio I hear a fucking 3 doors down song,nickelback and a bunch of emo bands that sound exactly the same and it fucking pisses me off.

Even the classic rock stations are starting to suck,it's mostly the same songs every hour. Occasionally,I'll put on the oldies station and listen to Frank Sinatra,Ricky Nelson,or the Beach Boys for a little bit,can't stand the Motown stuff.

My work plays music like that all the time,every hour,all day long. If I have to hear Hips don't Lie again I'm gonna tear out the radio,possibly get fired,but praised for doing a big favor for the worker-outers:lol:

I like it when those songs have nice beats and are fun to listen to, but it still doesnt take away the fact that they are talentless trash.

I like it when those songs have nice beats and are fun to listen to, but it still doesnt take away the fact that they are talentless trash.

mainstream rap beats are really really boring actually

real hip hop producers will often times utilize samples from genres like classical, latin music, jazz, blues, punk, hard rock, etc...

here's a good example - http://www.zshare.net/audio/04-m-sea-cresy-mp3.html

The last time I was drunk/stoned with my friends, we played smooth jazz on the radio and started rapping over it.

Funny how death metal lyrics don't work in rap... :)

yeah thats a cool vid but its hella old and everyone in the fighting game scene is pretty sick of hearing about it heheh

still ive seen it so many times i can practically recite the fuckin commentary word for word from memory

the player who uses Ken in those vids is Ryu in these...he's one fuckin crazy psychic motherfucker

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.