the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go fucking Sox. Daisuke shall destroy the menace of the Yankees (until his contract runs out and they sign him for ludicrous amounts of money)

Ah, the never ending soap opera that is the Red Sox. First off, we should have gotten Helton. Sure, we had to get rid of Lowell to do that, but we could have put youk at third anyway, and Helton at first. But the other players they wanted; that was a tad rediculous.

Overall, I think we have improved from last year and have a chance as long as we stay (relatively) injury free. The only department we got worse in this offseason would be second base (which doesn't really matter, anyway)

As much as I'll miss Trot, J.D. will be alright.

Go fucking Sox. Daisuke shall destroy the menace of the Yankees (until his contract runs out and they sign him for ludicrous amounts of money)

Ah, the never ending soap opera that is the Red Sox. First off, we should have gotten Helton. Sure, we had to get rid of Lowell to do that, but we could have put youk at third anyway, and Helton at first. But the other players they wanted; that was a tad rediculous.

Overall, I think we have improved from last year and have a chance as long as we stay (relatively) injury free. The only department we got worse in this offseason would be second base (which doesn't really matter, anyway)

As much as I'll miss Trot, J.D. will be alright.

I love how Sawx fans are all so certain that Matsuzaka is going to be their ace. Yeah, because ptching ability in Japan translates so well to MLB, right?... Right, guys? Based on how he did in the WBC pitching with MLB sized baseballs, I'm sure he won't be awful, but how will he do against MLB hitting- in the AL East, at that? Again, I don't think he's get absolutley shelled, but I highly doubt he'll be the Japanese Roger Clemens that Boston is expecting.

And, speaking of spending too much on players, it was the Dead Sox who spent $51 Million just for the right to talk to Dice-K. The Yankees offered $30 Million, so you can stop with the "lol payroll" business. Sawx fans think that their team is like the rag-tag rebellion against the Evil Empire, but in actuality they do the same exact thing as the Yankees. I can understand, say, Minnesota fans bitching about the Yankees money, but it's absurd coming from Sox fans.

The proposed Helton deal that never happened was completley fucking retarded, especially for Boston. A slugger from Colorado for decent 3b, a skilled young pitcher (DelCarmen or Hansen) and prospects? Please.

And, lastly, how is 2b "not important"? Another thing about Boston fans is that they ignore their teams problems, or just act like they don't matter. What, no bullpen? Who cares, we've got Big Papi! What, our manager has absolutley no control over the team whatsoever? It's ok- we've got the Green Monstahh!

[/rant]

I'm sorry dude. I just really, really, REALLY hate the Red Sox. Except for Ortiz.

He'll shove his twelve inches of black beef up your tight white ass, buddy.

Second base matters, just probably the least of any of the infield positions. Second base is also universally percieved to be the weakest hitting position. (Not counting pitcher, duh)

Second base is just the least of our worries.

Sure, we have the second largest payroll, but it is still slightly less than half of yours, I think. We don't go about buying World Series rings, we work for them. Just this rediculous stat alone proves the Yankees buy sucess-Last year, everybody in their opening day line up was a former all star.

And about dice-k, the East is no threat in terms of hitting. Besides the Yanks, we won't have to worry much. Mabey Baltimore.

He'll shove his twelve inches of black beef up your tight white ass, buddy.

Second base matters, just probably the least of any of the infield positions. Second base is also universally percieved to be the weakest hitting position. (Not counting pitcher, duh)

Second base is just the least of our worries.

Sure, we have the second largest payroll, but it is still slightly less than half of yours, I think. We don't go about buying World Series rings, we work for them. Just this rediculous stat alone proves the Yankees buy sucess-Last year, everybody in their opening day line up was a former all star.

And about dice-k, the East is no threat in terms of hitting. Besides the Yanks, we won't have to worry much. Mabey Baltimore.

The fuck? Have you ever wacthed a baseball game?

1.) The Yankees payroll is ~$200 Mil. The Sawx is ~$136 Mil. Slightly less than half? Are you kidding me?

2.) The whole "buying WS titles" thing is pretty old and pretty stupid. Let's tale a look at they opening day lineup last year and how each player was aquired:

CF- Johnny Damon, Free Agent
SS- Derek Jeter, home grown.
2B- Robinson Cano, home grown.
3B- Alex Rodriguez, trade.
RF- Gary Sheffield, Free Agent.
1B- Jason Giambi, Free Agent (took less money to come to New York).
LF- Hideki Matsui, from Japan.
C- Jorge Posada, home grown.
DH- Bernie Williams, home grown.

Bought? And let's look at what this years will likely be:

CF- Damon
SS- Jeter
RF- Bobby Abreu, trade (who came in exchange for four prospects)
3B- A-Rod
DH- Giambi
LF- Matsui
2B- Cano
C- Posada
1B- Andy Phillips, aquired as a minor leaguer in a trade.

Again, bought? This isn't the team made up entirley of mercanaries that the Boston sports media wants you to think it is. Not only is the claim that they were "all former All-Stars" wrong (Cano was not, though he is now), it's a ridiculous argrument, since four of those eight former all stars are career Yankees.

What's more, the Red Sox "work" for there rings and the Yankees don't? What a crock of shit. That's not even worth rebutting, it's so stupid. What's more, the '04 Red Sox had the highest payroll of any WS winning team ever. I don't care about that, but apparently Sawx fans think having money makes victories hollow, so do with that what you will. Also, if you have to wait 86 years between WS wins, maybe they aren't working hard enough.

3.) I'm now convinced that you are either joking, retarded, or have NEVER fucking seen a baseball game. The AL East is no threat in terms of hitting?

I think I just had a stroke. The AL East is, far and away, the most offensively potent divsion in the game. That's not even an opinion, it's a fact. The Yankees and Blue Jays are offensive powerhouses, and Devil Rays can hit better that they get credit for. You think the Orioles are the only threat? Yeah, they can hit, but you picked the Orioles as the only threat? Are you high?

I'm still having a hard time imagining that anyone who has watched more that two minutes of baseball for the last three years can actually think this. Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit. Please be fucking kidding please.

About the buying series rings, payroll, and "working" for the WS, that's just me pulling a Yankee fan's chain.

But I still think Dice-k can handle half the east in terms of hitting. You guys and Baltimore would be more tough, Toronto is good but manageable, and Tampa is shit.

Alright, ket me see if I've got everyone's team loyalties down.

Me- THE MIGHTY NEW YORK YANKEES.
Big Dave- Cubs.
Life Sucks- Red Sox.
Dazed- Cardinals.
s_a_o- Mets.
Nikkie- Phillies.
Astrum- Red Sox, I think.

Not sure about Montu, sorry.

Nice.

I'm the only mets fan, unfortunately. No buddies?

On a completely different note, I got accepted at the University of Nottingham in the UK. So. I'm in a pleasant mood.

But I still think Dice-k can handle half the east in terms of hitting. You guys and Baltimore would be more tough, Toronto is good but manageable, and Tampa is shit.

It's absurd that you're ranking Baltimore over Toronto. Absolutley fucking absurd, especially when you consider that Boston finished behind Toronto in '06.

In terms of general offense, not overall. Melvin Mora, Brian Roberts, Tejada, Gibbons, Patterson. I see that as more of a threat than Toronto to us. Sure, they have Wells, Rios, Glaus, but thats not so much of a big deal.

Nice.

I'm the only mets fan, unfortunately. No buddies?

On a completely different note, I got accepted at the University of Nottingham in the UK. So. I'm in a pleasant mood.
:kickass: :kickass:

That sounds awesome, are you planning on going? I may be wrong but I think there is a big metal scene over in the Uk, lol

Alright, ket me see if I've got everyone's team loyalties down.

Me- THE MIGHTY NEW YORK YANKEES.
Big Dave- Cubs.
Life Sucks- Red Sox.
Dazed- Cardinals.
s_a_o- Mets.
Nikkie- Phillies.
Astrum- Red Sox, I think.

Not sure about Montu, sorry.

Add Zephyrus and cookiecutter to the red sox club.

Status
Not open for further replies.