the MARX thread

tell us

• Total voters
I checked the results, it's really funny how all you artsie-fartsie people define yourselves as working class. I wouldn't consider artists working class, no way. I guess you're old enough not to define your social class or whatever on the basis of what your parents did (or didn't do, hehe).

My mother took care of children in a nursery school, my father was a locksmith, but I don't feel its relevance to my present life. What would make me working class is that I still don't make enough money to fly to fucking western Europe whenever I want to, without having to worry about my taxes. Class consciousness, total bullshit. Can't even see the point in it, things just don't fit these theoretical categories any more. You have money or you don't, that's what matters.

Dhatura said:
Class consciousness, total bullshit. Can't even see the point in it, things just don't fit these theoretical categories any more. You have money or you don't, that's what matters.

funny how those who have the money feel guilty about that whole class thingy. i dont like much talking about me life but whatever, both me parents have been workers all their lives and they had some hard years in the 80s and that, nowadays i think we're doing okay cause like we got a car and me parents can go on holydays once a year, but i know we're deffo working class. so its really easy to figure out to which class you belong, and i think its a really accurate way to analyze society.

i started this thread cause i have the feeling that people who are into this scene are more and more middle class or even high class and i just wanted to check that from that forum, a bit like surveying you know. but some people are obviously ashamed to have money, which is quite weird.

Dhatura said:
I checked the results, it's really funny how all you artsie-fartsie people define yourselves as working class. I wouldn't consider artists working class, no way. I guess you're old enough not to define your social class or whatever on the basis of what your parents did (or didn't do, hehe).
agreed. i do a 'creative' study, thus i have to get meself a job in order to make stuff that entertains ppl. so basically, i'm skipping all the classes and end up in the gutter with a needle in me arm (reference to the "drugs" thread).

Allrightie, you wanna know how much money I make a month after I supposedly pay my taxes? 350-400 euros, and that's an optimistic estimate (I don't pay taxes, but that's a different story, lol, or rather col). Still, I don't feel working class. But I don't give a fuck really whether I'm working class or not, cause in this society it just doesn't matter. This is my social reality. And I'm not badly off, compared to a lot of people in this country.

And yes, it's about life, that's what I'm saying as well.

Dhatura said:
Oh, my fucking jesus christ, whatever...

whatever? explain yourself, dont whatever me, like I said maybe i was wrong with my statement.

ok mehdi, i casted my vote...

oe said:
whatever? explain yourself, dont whatever me, like I said maybe i was wrong with my statement.

ok mehdi, i casted my vote...

Whatever... :tickled:

Oe, I was just trying to express my bewilderment at seeing that even such a bluntly sarcastic statement as mine about the illiteracy of the working classes in western societies is taken seriously. No expression of political, religious, sexual, or sports preferences or beliefs have been included there whatsoever.

OK, what I wanna know is what are the middle and upper-classes doing on a heavy metal forum? Shouldnt you lot be sipping expensive tea and listening to Phil Collins in your fancy apartments? Heavy metal is no way to rid your posh roots. Do some charity work or something then, you posh gets!!!

Dhatura said:
Whatever... :tickled:

Oe, I was just trying to express my bewilderment at seeing that even such a bluntly sarcastic statement as mine about the illiteracy of the working classes in western societies is taken seriously. No expression of political, religious, sexual, or sports preferences or beliefs have been included there whatsoever.

ok...but your post SEEMED in NOWAY 'Bluntly Sarcastic', I thought you had given a 'serious' statement so I replied, no sense or feeling of sarcasm was present in the post I replied to. Doesnt matter though, I misunderstood your intent.

Now, join me in the war against the working class scum, always complaining, going on strike, and asking for benefits!! :D

P.S Please, I'd like to voice my apologies to you with an invitation to a tea party here in Milan. Some of the most established and respected figures will be attending. My driver will pick you up at the airport, dont forget your stock portfolio ho ho ho!

Dhatura said:
Allrightie, you wanna know how much money I make a month after I supposedly pay my taxes? 350-400 euros

scary! i myself got like MUCH more... o_O

but how youre able to pay off a little house in the city for example that is costing 70000€... yeah thats the big difference between rich and mediocre countries. its all fucken expensive. we got the stuff from poor countries, but the most money from that stuff is earned here...

and i'm so lucky that i/we dont live in caracas for example... imagine.

Mariner said:
and i'm so lucky that i/we dont live in caracas for example... imagine.
yeah imagine
carcass.jpg

oh wait, i thought you said carcass :D

Mariner said:
yeah thats the big difference between rich and mediocre countries.

the opposite of rich isnt mediocre. french is rich and mediocre. estonia aint rich but its not mediocre at all :D

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
the opposite of rich isnt mediocre. french is rich and mediocre. estonia aint rich but its not mediocre at all :D
Estonia is going to be rich though. That's because they don't have stupid commies in power. Proper right wing and it's all for good. Poor bastars most of 'em still are but it's going to change. One day I'm gonna move there. 20% or so in taxes for everyone is as fair as it's get.

Har* said:
Estonia is going to be rich though. That's because they don't have stupid commies in power. Proper right wing and it's all for good. Poor bastars most of 'em still are but it's going to change. One day I'm gonna move there. 20% or so in taxes for everyone is as fair as it's get.

yeah i figured that out cause theyre soon getting in the EU. thats quite sad really, i hope they dont get too spoilt. you should deffo move there, it shouldnt be too hard to understand estonian if youre a fin.

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
it shouldnt be too hard to understand estonian if youre a fin.
Actually it is. There are lots of similar words but quite often they mean something else.