The Mellow Side Of Opeth

Blackwater Demon

Using Cold Words
Mar 30, 2008
Under The Weaping Moon
What is everyone's favorite slower stuff of theirs? Id have to go with Credence, Harvest, and In My Time Of Need to name a few but I still have so much more of their music to hear.

EDIT: Damn keyboaad the topic is called "The Mellow Side Of Opeth"

I thought this thread was going to express that an ex-Opeth member had a certain Syd Barrett-quality. I initially loved the BWP acoustic sections such as The Drapery Falls and Dirge for November the most but these days it's gotta be the Orchid and Morningrise mellow moments.

I quite like Isolation Years and their cover of Soldier of Fortune, even though Ghost Reveries isn't exactly my favourite album. For Absent Friends is nice as well.

Since it's forbidden to talk about leaks, I'd have to say Credence, Closure, For Absent Friends (quite jazzy, nice), To Bid You Farewell, Hope Leaves, and the nice clean bit of The Leper Affinity.

Credence for me as well; that's probably my favorite Opeth clean song. But, I also love Closure-Hope Leaves, In My Time of Need and To Rid the Disease from Damnation. Isolation Years is also a very solid track from GR. Hopefully I don't get flamed for this, but I really love their cover of Remember Tomorrow.

Remember Tomorrow is nice !
And here I thought I was the only one to like that cover... cool.
Still, I don't get the enthusiasm for "Isolation Years", it's one of the weakest songs off of GR imo, Hours of Wealth totally blows it.

My top five clean Opeth songs are in no particular order: 'Credence', 'To Bid You Farewell', 'Face of Melinda', 'Burden' & 'Coil'

Remember Tomorrow is nice !
And here I thought I was the only one to like that cover... cool.
Still, I don't get the enthusiasm for "Isolation Years", it's one of the weakest songs off of GR imo, Hours of Wealth totally blows it.

I loved that when I first heard it, because Maiden's my favorite band, and Opeth would probably have to be about second, but I actually liked Opeth's version a little better because Mikael is a way better singer than Paul Di'anno

To bid u farewell, Credence,benighted, Still day, Isolation years, Hope leaves.....dang....pretty much all of the mellow songs.....ahahaaa....i loves'em all.......hahaha.......PEAC EOUT

My favorite 5 "mellow" opeth tracks

I prefer just hearing Mike with an acoustic guitar I think. He needs to do a solo album already.

Still Day Beneath The Sun
Patterns In The Ivy 2
Coil
Windowpane
Credence