The Melo-Death Metal Move Is Complete?

Stupid cunts in the ND forum? No
Stupid cunts in the COB and Opeth forum? Yes :p :p
Sorry about that, couldn't resist...

I agree that Melo-Death doesn't suit...way too much variation in style for that. I love melodeath too, but you guys ain't it :)

And I would certainly never call anyone on here a cunt, not without good reason, and certainly wasn't viewing you as such, Det Som...

Thankfully most of the stupid cunts on UM have stayed in other forums besides ours lol

I was referring to our friend Amy, on the Powerfest forum she has a mouth like a sailor. :lol:

This again?

Damn, people never give up on the labels, who gives a fuck anyway.

Music is music, you like it or you don't.

Funny though, I have a banner on my profile that says Death/doom blahh blaaa, but honestly, in the last 3 years, I have given up on that shit.

I think as a musician it is way too limiting to label your creations too any spacific genre. And, I am sick of scenes and all that crap that is associated with it. Fuck everyone, if people dig your music, cool. ...otherwise, fuck em!
I think any true musician writes music for themselves and not the scene police.
Very well said.:kickass:

The only classification for ND should be Doom/Death. Everything else becomes nonsense.
:lol:There have been some great laughs throughout this thread tho'.

Wat is this?! I just got the new Novembers Doom album and it's not doom!!! Hello!!! Your name is Novembers Doom and there is no doom!!!! That's false marketing!!!!!

Wat is this?! I just got the new Novembers Doom album and it's not doom!!! Hello!!! Your name is Novembers Doom and there is no doom!!!! That's false marketing!!!!!

Dear god I hope you're just joking.....

If not, then you can file a lawsuit against us, Christian Death, MF Doom, and other bands who have genre titles in their names but don't actually perform within that genre :lol:

Honestly, thinking about it at this moment.....the songs "Leaving This", "They Were Left To Die", "Twilight Innocence" and even alot of "Novella Reservoir" fit in with the "doom" category for the most part, so it's still quite present....hell, that's half of the album I just listed there!! LOL

Here's to diversity, folks :kickass:

Tags like death/doom are too limiting for a band such as Novembers Doom who have way too much diversity to be showhorned into such a genre.
I like the Dark Metal tag though... that seems to fit much better IMO.

Dear god I hope you're just joking.....

If not, then you can file a lawsuit against us, Christian Death, MF Doom, and other bands who have genre titles in their names but don't actually perform within that genre :lol:

Honestly, thinking about it at this moment.....the songs "Leaving This", "They Were Left To Die", "Twilight Innocence" and even alot of "Novella Reservoir" fit in with the "doom" category for the most part, so it's still quite present....hell, that's half of the album I just listed there!! LOL

Here's to diversity, folks :kickass:

Hehe, yes I was joking. Im so silly! :loco:

andIwant to grab a CD on the way out in the morning. It's tough to say what exactly. My mood kinda sucks so it'd be nice to have some misanthropy but nothing too tinny because of the headache and not *too* blasty because hearing riffs would be fab. Despite knowing all that... I wind up taking nothing because my library is organized alphabetically and there just isn't time to sift through hoping to find some forgotten gem.

So I sat down at my comp trying to figure out why the frig ITunes didn't confound me nearly as much as the hardcopy archive. Then it hit me... I kept using the genre sort option. That category generally told me the music would have a few specific characteristics. So I began resorting CDs and this week alone have stumbled across some major fucking ownage I forgot about.

Mind you... I'd never really impose the labels I use on anyone in a review or anything. It gets pretty damned inaccurate sometimes. Some stuff is in Black Metal because that's where the band started but they moved on. Then there are the choices made based more on age than actual style . It's a stupid system that saves me time, makes my life easier, but really honestly it's too subjective to force on people.

What really pisses me off is these people who are so anal about what Doom is.

Lycanthia have copped heaps from these elitist Doomers who complain that Doom has to have clean male vocals, no boobs, no keyboards, etc.

They even refer to My Dying Bride as Nu-Doom.

Sure there are bands that are influenced by Doom and they should respect that not carry on about how true to Doom the band is and shoot them down if they don't conform to strict guidelines.

We have been also labelled Gothic Doom yet the Goths hate us as we are too heavy or don't play over 150 b.p.m.

s

Doom metal fans, the ones you're speaking of, tend to be the ones who are so fucking preoccupied with the whole tag and their supposed "guidelines" that I think they care more about that than whether they simply enjoy the music or not. It's something that has turned me off of the doom metal scene majorly. Funny thing is, with only a small amount of exceptions, the ones who tend to be the most reasonable and open-minded in that scene are the ones who are actually in the bands themselves.

I have no allegiances to any sub-genre or scene. There are bands I like and songs I like and aspects of each style of music that I like, and there's plenty that I don't. There's alot of doom and doom-ish music that I really like, and there's a heaping ton of it that I think is utter shite. If people want to hate me or hate my band because of that, then that's their own stupid fault, and their loss. A band like My Dying Bride should be appreciated and judged for their talent and their drive and their ability to create interesting music, and not on whether they're "true doom metal enough" or not. I stopped caring about that stupid crap when I became an adult, unfortunately alot of people just don't grow out of that mentality, I guess.

As long as Lycanthia does what is true to themselves, that's all that matters. It might sound corny or contrived but it's the fucking truth. We've gone through quite a few changes and we've had to deal with some hard core negativity from some people out there because of it. But we've also reaped some great rewards from it, and we're quite happy and at peace with who we are and what we do. At the end of the day, that's what's most important. So don't let the naysayers get you down!

And for the record, I think songs like "Last God", "Dark Fields For Brilliance", "Collapse of the Fallen Throe" and "Leaving This" are some mighty nice slabs of doomified metal, and I'm damn fucking proud of them. If people on other forums want to talk shit about us or insult us and whine about how not tr00 doom we are and all that shit, they can go listen to their sloppy tr00 doom demos noones ever heard of while they jerk off.

Fuck 'em. :lol:

If people on other forums want to talk shit about us or insult us and whine about how not tr00 doom we are and all that shit, they can go listen to their sloppy tr00 doom demos noones ever heard of while they jerk off.

Lmfao! Fucking elitists, who gives a shit about them! I believe ND is 'grounded' in doom metal, but theres a lot more to them. Do you really have to try as hard as you can to make music to fit into a certain niche other than be creative as a band? But as you guys have said the best 'tag' would be dark metal - that sounds about right to me.

If you enjoy listening to demo cd's of noise and screaming I guess that makes you teh leet. Fuck off.

And for the record, I think songs like "Last God", "Dark Fields For Brilliance", "Collapse of the Fallen Throe" and "Leaving This" are some mighty nice slabs of doomified metal, and I'm damn fucking proud of them. If people on other forums want to talk shit about us or insult us and whine about how not tr00 doom we are and all that shit, they can go listen to their sloppy tr00 doom demos noones ever heard of while they jerk off.

Good answer!