The Member's Art Thread

i like the second image a lot, but i dont like the text at the
top left corner, it really takes away from the image.

here are my new ones
the first one is on the cover of the new
BraveWords&BloodyKnuckles KunckleTracks #70 sampler
(the upcoming issue)
BWBK70.jpg

Eye.jpg

Spring.jpg

SpinningLeaf.jpg

Anyone ever think to themselves, that there are just some people who should keep their mouths shut, and opinions to themselves, when they clearly know nothing of which they speak of? Maybe if they spent more time mastering their own craft, and actually create something even the slightest bit "good", instead of posting the garbage they are trying to pass off as art, and then having strong opinions, and giving "tips" for other designers...

To the artists, keep up the great visions. To the very few wannabe's here, try fingerpainting...

do u not think its good to get opinions from other artists and from the public cause thats the people that would be looking at them, anyways most artists can take critisim and use it to help them....... i know that i like it when people tell me my work is good but its also uselful to find out what people dont like about it...

yes, criticism is good....so.....what did you guys think of my latest? :D
The only photo in that pic is actually a picture of the moon i took with my telescope (my baby :) )

sigma, i think its excellent, just tell me this? how the fuck do u get those textures? lol.....nobody wants to tell me, hahahaha.....and genzah its too small for me desktop can u change the size? 1024x768 well the size is soimething like that,lol

wingnut4 said:
sigma, i think its excellent, just tell me this? how the fuck do u get those textures? lol.....nobody wants to tell me, hahahaha.....and genzah its too small for me desktop can u change the size? 1024x768 well the size is soimething like that,lol

I just carry my camera with me at all times and take a picture of anything that looks like it would be a good texture, also, try experimenting with different brushes

wingnut4 said:
do u not think its good to get opinions from other artists and from the public cause thats the people that would be looking at them, anyways most artists can take critisim and use it to help them....... i know that i like it when people tell me my work is good but its also uselful to find out what people dont like about it...

I agree with you, but the key element here is "other artists". Just because you can put two photos together in Photoshop, and add some spooky effects doesn't make you an artist. Travis, Rex, ColdDarkNord, Sigma, Genizah... These guys are artists. It seems to me, the people who create the weakest "art" have the most comments for other people. I'm only suggesting the energy should be focused on creating ones own work, then giving an opinion on someone elses, until you can create something that is even close to the others.

There's all sorts of comments like "The text is all wrong" or "That element shouldn't be there" or flat out "I don't like these". When the designer completes his/her piece, It's that persons vision, and there is NOTHING wrong, if it's how they saw it.

It's like a deaf man giving advice on how to write good music, or even better, a color blind person telling a painter what colors he should use.

hahahahahaha

yes those artists are excellent and very talented, i agree, and yeh so what alot of my work isnt as good as theres i know that, but im still trying and i think i have advanced since i started this sort of work, oh and also about cold dark nord, one piece of work 3 people including sigma i think said about the text on something, and he changed it due to our opinions (nothing to u darknord,lol) and maybe he seen different himself, people dont see things until its pointed out to them. How do you think other artists like travis etc got to where they are now? they got there by starting somewhere, and thats what im doing, and i quite like and am proud of some of my work. So whilst you are critizing me about my opinion about peoples work, you are just being fuckin hypercritical... and yes I AM AN ARTIST, I create cd artwork for bands, and many other things, so YES I AM AN ARTIST, i may not be as good as most people on the forum but everyone starts out somewhere, so Mr. 4 posts, dont be such a critical dickhead who hasnt even showed us your work, Sorry to the other guys here, your work is amazing but just cause mine isnt as good doesnt mean im shit or that i cant get better, which is what mr. 4 posts is trying to say....

anyways i may get back to creating some shitty artwork ,hahahahahahaha