The Member's Art Thread

hey all you guys that do CD artwork, how do you get your job doing the artwork, is it that you know the guys in the band or do you email record labels etc? or the bands? i wouldnt mind tryin to get into doing some more cause im getting the hang of it now

here is my latest cover work for a local band
tantrumproject.jpg

i love the colours in this one, im not sure about the title of the cd being placed there...it just looks too cluttered, and it looks quite big.......but im sure you have already tried moving it about and it probably doesnt work anywhere else....theres one thing that annoys me about it and is the statue on the left, the outline around her face and hand, it just looks like a smaller outerglow or something, but im not sure whether its meant to be like that or not, cause theres alot of those lines you have but i think it might need softened down abit, i like the text you have used on the background whatever language it is,lol,

Thanks
this one is actually one of the first pieces i've done. The label contacted me about it and said that they wanted it. I revamped it a little, and had to make up a logo on the spot which i wasnt expecting to have to do. I did it all in a few hours actually. I'm not real happy about the glow around the face either but i must have left it there for some reason when i made it way back when. The main image is actually about 4 years old, its one of the first things i made. I may have left the glow to make that one stand out more than the other one. oh well, its too late now hahah. thats the way it goes when you have to rush like a madman to get something together.

what do you think about the Atomic Symphony pic that i posted on the previous page. has the skull in the middle.