the mood thread

I think most parents leave some of their parallel-realities for what they are and concentrate on fewer parallel-realities than before they became parents, or that is what I hope ;)

no one... i don't have a job, but still i think a day should at least have 30 hours. always too little time to do what you'd planned. i gave up worrying about it long time ago though. what isn't done today will be finished some time later.

feeling unhappy about it doesn't change a thing :)

maybe. it's like it's written this way here, and the other way there :erk:
only that I would have to find out what is academic writing from the contents of 4 websites, but I don't seem to succeed. one of the sites doesn't even work, and I can't find anything that could be an answer to the question on the other 3 ones neither :(

Oh, I got you now, the question is: What Is Academic Writing?

And you're supposed to look up four websites to answer this question, one of which isn't working at the moment.

Maqus said:
How come you don't have to work? :OMG:
i said i don't have a job. but i do work you know, and i don't get paid :erk: :)

seriously, these days it's evident that everybody wants to get a job. when i was young it was still possible that one of the partners stayed at home to do the housework and look after the children. which i did. it wasn't always easy though.

Bastet said:
i said i don't have a job. but i do work you know, and i don't get paid :erk: :)

seriously, these days it's evident that everybody wants to get a job. when i was young it was still possible that one of the partners stayed at home to do the housework and look after the children. which i did. it wasn't always easy though.

But you're not that old. Though our countries are very different. I just had a chat with a student tonight while she was driving me to the metro, and she has two twin daughters and she said she's looking for a job now, the kids are three and a half years old, and she was pretty sad about the shitty job situation, even though she has advanced knowledge in German, it's not needed, and she'll have to go back to the position she left four years ago. She can't find a part time job or some distance job for herself.

It was today's topic too in the morning, I say it's all fucked up as it is, if you want/need to work and have kids, even with a partner. I couldn't manage, that's for sure.

over here , you're not wanted anymore at my age. nobody will give you a job, no matter how qualified you are;they all want young people, which they don't have to pay too much, but...they have to be skilled and experienced of course:(

you could marta, i'm sure

just saw some foto's from our own festival at zigzag
was a great festival... :headbang: bands as I against I, Bambix, Tripoli, Leech,... and a great guy presenting the whole thing... ME :D
and of course we (Silent Air) were the best airguitarband of the night, but there are no pictures of that :(

zp04_75.jpg

Bastet said:
over here , you're not wanted anymore at my age
that's the same I think everywhere... I don't say you're old, of course not, but you're not 20, having 10-year-experience, like the ones they search for :bah: the best thing is when the place where you work suddenly collapses and dies at some time when you're over 40, that's for sure you won't get any job... well that's happened to Mom :(

Loona said:
that's the same I think everywhere... I don't say you're old, of course not, but you're not 20, having 10-year-experience, like the ones they search for :bah: the best thing is when the place where you work suddenly collapses and dies at some time when you're over 40, that's for sure you won't get any job... well that's happened to Mom :(

I don't know about the above, but it's surely the case that if you don't know anyone, then you are f*cked when it comes to getting a good job.

Nepotism comes naturally, but sucks nonetheless.