the mood thread

Don't diss relative pronouns, they'll take revenge.

We had this fairy tale grammar book when I was a kid, it was called I, You, S/he, I loved it, each word group had its own planet and two clown apprentices, Pitt and Patt took on a journey to the different planets to find their lions cause they had been kidnapped from the circus. This robot Big Brain was responsible for conjugation on the planet of verbs, and once he was bribed with a sack of peanuts to clear all the verb suffixes, and people couldn't talk cause it was all bullshit. On the planet of pronouns, Blue Something, you weren't allowed to use nouns, it was the funniest.

I loved that book dearly.

English. But that sort of means both, because you have to anticipate any problem Danes might have, in relation to any grammar issue, compare it and stuff.

It's not like I study grammar, I study English, and one of the courses is grammar.

That is the most obvious route, yes. Not really enthusiastic about it these days though, I'm losing faith in our educational system. 165 or so people started their English studies at the University of Copenhagen a year ago, roughly 50 of those attended the grammar lecture today. All so very de-motivating, and it's not like I'm that motivated in the first place.

You don't have to become a teacher though. Teaching is only part of my job, I do more office work these days. I don't like teaching either. I wanna be a student forever.

Oh, I wanna teach, I'm just worried I'd have to deal with students who are lazy fuckers like myself. I definately don't wanna do office work, yaiks, I'd almost rather make a living translating user guides and stuff.

I thought you'd interpret that office thing this way, haha. I like working in an office, especially on my own.

Out of the bunch of students I teach only about 25% are motivated, but somehow they are worth it, they always make me feel better by the end of the day. English is okay though cause it's a practical subject.

I got a nice encouraging txt, so I'm :Spin:

This is strange, how much the old school place and the new school place differ in every respect, the old place makes me sick, it's always made me sick though, but now I have an immediate basis for comparison so I have to feel vomity each day and hold on to the bar.

Buuulllllshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Sorry

I am sorry to inform you, that on this ocassion you failed to pass the Computer Proficiency Exam. The reason is explained below. You have to wait about one hour before retaking the exam.

If you have complains or comments, please turn to the Helpdesk, or to the Computer Center Staff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the test you made 3 errors:

The file of length 12 had type "Picture", but you gave "Document"
The file of length 13 had type "Multimedia", but you gave "Document"
The file of length 19 had type "PowerPoint", but you gave "Multimedia"

Close the exam window

What I had to pick from a folder were the icons of
a) a html (Netscape Navigator) file
b) another html (Explorer) file
c) a PDF file
d) an executable file
e) and some multimedia file

I'm getting fed up with this fucking exam.

I was thinking about the parallel pseudo-realities I exist in, like study, work, the internet, family, friends, it's just too exhausting, what if I had my own family, I mean husband and kids and pets, and I thought of you, Bastet, how do you manage? o_O