The most comedic black metal band

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
This has to go to Immortal. Great songs, great atmostphere, great production...

But their videos are fucking hilarious. Just watch Blashyrkh (sp?). My favorite part in Grim and Frostbitten Kingdoms is where they're prancing around in the snow like a bunch of black metal fairies. Back to Blashyrkh, the whole running around on the top of a mountain with your guitar not plugged in and filming it with what looks like a home video camera doesn't help much. Those knee-high boots kinda get in the way don't they? Also, the close-ups of his face where it's obviously hot, and he's wearing full black metal garb, including trenchcoat, and the sweat is dripping the corpsepaint off of his face...this has low budget written all over it. But it's just like a B movie; it's so retarded that it's fucking great.

Emperor's videos were always interesting though, especially the later years. The Loss and Curse of Reverence was pretty damn cool, although the band scenes were kinda funny at times. Ihsahn just looked kinda like Skeletor with those spiked shoulder pads. Trym and Samoth were badass though, especially Trym's playing. The "Empty" video was fucking great though. I really dug the whole taking the guy out in the woods in an old ambulance kinda thing. It had that sinister aura about it, it was really fuckin' cool.

I think the Loss and Curse of Reverence is ridiculous.
Mainly due to the start of the video where Ihsahn is wearing a cloak and flying around the screen holding a candle.
Empty was great though.

I don't know how you can laugh at black metal, you must be fucking mad.
I would laugh but I'm too scared. All that make up and big spikes and stuff frighten me. It's just so terrifyingly evil.
o_O

TakinTheMusicBack said:
I don't know how you can laugh at black metal, you must be fucking mad.
I would laugh but I'm too scared. All that make up and big spikes and stuff frighten me. It's just so terrifyingly evil.
o_O

I hope you're kidding.

None_So_Vile said:
the video for satyricon - mother north is funny, so fucking cheesy and i some pointless things heh great song though

you mean that having that naked big-breasted chick in the video is pointless? :lol: she is so black metal it's almost terrifiyng. i wonder if she is supposed to "be" mother north, good choice if so... not.