The most diverse album you ever heard.

watershed and CTS are not diverse at all. lulz

I'm hoping Wintersun - Time will be the most diverse this year.

For some reason Dream Theater keeps coming to mind in this category. I know everyone in this thread is a hater because dream theater gets more public attention than opeth and you're butt hurt. But SFAM is a really amazing album.

I think my final answer will be Lesbian - Powerhor

i think two more albums and opeth will be bigger than dream theater.

Aren't they already?:)

Not yet.But if Dream Theater continues to be more formulatic with each release,Opeth or whatsoever band will take their throne.

Dream Theater is not that revolutionary like they were in '90s.They still release great albums but started to be formulatic.I mean,look at the last two songs of the last three albums,they are all in similar structures.DT was not a band that formula-based.And,the "queue" of one release,one tour,one DVD thing started to be a little boring.They should give more longer breaks if they are to be formulised again.Or they will lose their peak throne.Opeth is hardly pushing forwards. :D

Ɛnslaved;8067404 said:
Not yet.But if Dream Theater continues to be more formulatic with each release,Opeth or whatsoever band will take their throne.

Dream Theater is not that revolutionary like they were in '90s.They still release great albums but started to be formulatic.I mean,look at the last two songs of the last three albums,they are all in similar structures.DT was not a band that formula-based.And,the "queue" of one release,one tour,one DVD thing started to be a little boring.They should give more longer breaks if they are to be formulised again.Or they will lose their peak throne.Opeth is hardly pushing forwards. :D
What the fuck is "formulatic"? And what the fuck is the last sentence supposed to mean?

Your post hardly makes any sense.

Ɛnslaved;8067404 said:

Dream Theater have never been that diverse. Their most diverse release is probably the Awake album, and that isn't really choke full of many stylistic meanderings. I'm not saying they are a bad band - although I don't care for them post Metropolis Pt. 2... - but they have been treading the same boards almost their entire career.

Dream Theater have never been that diverse. Their most diverse release is probably the Awake album, and that isn't really choke full of many stylistic meanderings. I'm not saying they are a bad band - although I don't care for them post Metropolis Pt. 2... - but they have been treading the same boards almost their entire career.

If we are to mention about that diversity term like it is processed by Avant-Garde Metal bands (various styles,genres etc...),you are right,but Dream Theater is diverse in the genre the band plays- in terms of Progressive Metal.The things they done in '90s are totally milestones each,that is why there are so many DT-copycat bands.Only Images And Words itself influenced many bands in the genre though.To me Awake is the most beautiful Prog-Metal release ever.They were able to deliver Progressive Metal with influences from Metallica to Yes in an unique approach.That makes them diverse in their own genre.But,again,if we search for bands that play Thrash Metal-influenced Jazzy Gothic Progressive Blues Rock etc... :D yes,DT is not the band we search for.And also,seen from the comments made to the point,this thread has very varied answers and it simply seems that there will be no result that satisfies everyone. :D

Ɛnslaved;8068691 said:
And also,seen from the comments made to the point,this thread has very varied answers and it simply seems that there will be no result that satisfies everyone. :D

Oh, I agree, but I can at least how a number of the other bands people have listed at least have some diversity to their sound/records. Dream Theater aren't really close at all, not even within their own little niche sub-genre.

But Awake is an awesome album.

watershed and CTS are not diverse at all. lulz

I'm hoping Wintersun - Time will be the most diverse this year.

For some reason Dream Theater keeps coming to mind in this category. I know everyone in this thread is a hater because dream theater gets more public attention than opeth and you're butt hurt. But SFAM is a really amazing album.

I think my final answer will be Lesbian - Powerhor

Dream Theater is a great band, but not much diversity going on there. Watershed is 100X more diverse than any DT album, sorry...

DT is pretty diverse, they have songs with gay keyboard solos, songs with gay guitar solos, songs with gay singing, songs with gay drumming, songs that are bad, songs that are so bad you want to puke, songs that are stunningly pompous, and songs that combine all of the above

I feel sorry for most of you if you think the albums you're mentioning are diverse. Metal is about as "samey" as it gets.

Considering tracks 1 through 4 of Watershed go from super-pretentious ballads to near death metal to what's more like heavy prog rock and back to a ballad (hell the lotus eater as a song is diverse, even if the songs around it aren't), I don't see why it's not diverse. And its pretty hypocritical to "lulz" at such a suggestion and then bring up Dream Theater.

And no band with extreme vocals will ever overtake any band like Dream Theater in popularity.

watershed follows the same opeth formula but to a more extreme extent: ballad, heavy track, heavy/soft, powerballad, soft/heavy, soft/heavy, soft/heavy.

how the fuck is that diverse?

jesus christ I swear the average iq of people on this board is probably somewhere around 80 because you are some daft motherfuckers.

metal is not diverse. period. I don't care if it's a band like unexpect that plays random notes and shit, or if it's a band like nile who play the same thing every album - if you are naming a metal band in this thread, you're an idiot.

there really is no answer to this because any album that is named, surely there's a more "diverse" one out there.