The NBA thread

I don't think LeBron showed any immaturity. I hate how any time someone shows that they care a lot it's immaturity. The guy is the best player by far since Jordan and has the ability to be the best of all time, but before Jamison and Shaq he had a joke of a supporting cast. He put the Cavs on his back and they didn't make it. Probably a pretty crushing defeat. It made me like Lebron more to see he was that upset about it.
And you're forgetting the most important part... He can't get Bird Rights money in New York. That's a lot of money. And with Shaq's expiring and Hickson's intriguing talent, there's a chance they lure a S&T for one of the big names out there.

I don't think that LeBron showing he cares is how it came across. He was a simply a sore loser. He should have been man enough to face the media after conference finals loss last season, which he did not. That to me does not show true leadership or maturity. You didn't see Jordan act like a brat when they lost to Orlando in 1995 did you? And I certainly don't think LeBron has the ability to be best of all time. He's nowhere near as complete as Jordan was, (and right now) I think Byrant is the better player.

I still don't find them to be championship calibre, and having Shaq was a reasonably useless acquisition, it just hasn't paid off. Z is a much better centre for them. Ultimately, these playoffs will show whether Cleveland's time has arrived. LeBron, and also Williams especially, need to step up.

Liking the Mavs/Spurs game right now. Funny I was reading the old GMD Social/Photo thread and that Spurs fan and Ender Rises were talking about their teams.

Still we have people saying things like niggerball or only for people into hip hop and other sterotypes:zombie:

What do you people think about Kevin Garnett suspended for game two? I think it was asshole thing to do and shouldn't do this again. This wasn't the first time when he was being like this.

Call me a wigger then because basketball is my favorite sport and I enjoy some Hip Hop! Garnett is a fucking piece of garbage, but wtf was Richardson doing all in his face. I hope Dwade and Friends destroys you guys but that's unlikely.

Another thing is that the NBA isn't as popular as it was in the 80's and 90's, so that why you don't see many Celtics fans.

But it's defintely becoming what it once was...From 2001-2005/6 it sucked but from around 07 til now the sport is awesome again. All the teams have the stars and good players, makes it good to watch.

You don't need to enjoy hip hop to like basketball. Basketball is my third favorite sport to watch. I don't know what Richardson was doing in his face either, but still Garnett needs to stop being a asshole to people.

But it's defintely becoming what it once was...From 2001-2005/6 it sucked but from around 07 til now the sport is awesome again. All the teams have the stars and good players, makes it good to watch.

I didn't get into watching until 2006. I think it's gotting better and the stars are better now too. Early-mid 00's NBA would be the most boring second to 70's NBA.