The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

Swans_whitelightfromthemouthofinfinity.jpg

Sorry for the double post, I have to post an excellent Norwegian poem about harsh times from Arnulf Øverland.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CFSFOSjPes&feature=related[/ame]

^ Looks impressive, but I don't understand a word he said...

np:
Neurosis - Purify
Through Silver In Blood (1996)

Finally, the big day has arrived, I'll see Neurosis for the second time!

^ that song is amazing...very different from their "old" stuff but i hope they didn't left the acoustic lines out of the album like the growls (for me the growls in Opeth can be out of the songs but not the acoustic lines :/ )

Awesome album. I have the Zero Tolerance release, which is very sad but interesting. It's unfortunate that legal issues with Schuldiner's mother prevent the release of much of his last material, including some with Control Denied.

Well, it seems the "new" Control Denied LP will be released sometime this year.

OT: CRONIAN Diamond Skies

Sigurðr;9932957 said:
^ Yeah, i saw a note from their vocalist saying that 2011 is the year to the 2th album :D :D hope he's right because im too curious and anxious to listen Chuck's final masterpiece

Well, this is an extract from a story by Tim Aymar which i readed it on emptywords.org last December.

"Eric gave me a call yesterday to let me know the time has come. Did you hear that? No you probably can't believe I just said it. THE TIME HAS COME!!! Our producer, Jim Morris at Morrisound in Tampa, Florida who have brought to life notable albums by Death, Control Denied, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Savatage, Iced Earth, Seven Mary Three, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Demons and Wizards, End-Time Illusion, and Obituary, just to name a fraction of the killer artists on their roster, has contacted Eric Greif, informing the members of Control Denied that he is ready to begin laying out the planning and scheduling to complete Chuck Schuldiner's legacy "When Machine And Man Collide". You heard it right, and you heard it straight from the horses (hey wait a minute) mouth. This record will see the light of day and be in your hands sometime in 2011 and Jim will make certain it's every bit as awesome as Chuck ever wanted and then some!!! That's what the Morrises do."

This the complete history. http://www.emptywords.org/EmptyWords12-2010.htm

If I'm correct, the Zero Tolerance piece contains some of that material. I don't think the new Control Denied album actually has Chuck playing anything, just stuff he wrote. Zero Tolerance is your last chance to listen to Chuck play anything.

Reminds me a little bit (gonna go nerdy here) of that final "old" X-Factor issue after Shadow King blows up Muir Island. Professor X goes into Legion's head to see if he's still alive, and he's already brain dead. So he's in this very warped place, but there's no one there anymore. And then they just disconnect Legion in the end.

That's kinda how Zero Tolerance feels. You're listening to this incomplete material that was not meant to be released, because the musicians who worked with Chuck wanted to put pressure on Chuck's family to let them finish the material he started with them. It was well intentioned, but Zero Tolerance is sad, unpolished and was simply chock full of material that we were not supposed to ever listen to.

So, I'm skeptical about the new Control Denied album being Chuck's last work. I think that's an unintentionally dishonest way to put it. I'm sure it will rock and I sure as hell am going to buy it. But it's not really going to be Chuck's last work.

Moonspell - Earth

If I'm correct, the Zero Tolerance piece contains some of that material. I don't think the new Control Denied album actually has Chuck playing anything, just stuff he wrote. Zero Tolerance is your last chance to listen to Chuck play anything.

Reminds me a little bit (gonna go nerdy here) of that final "old" X-Factor issue after Shadow King blows up Muir Island. Professor X goes into Legion's head to see if he's still alive, and he's already brain dead. So he's in this very warped place, but there's no one there anymore. And then they just disconnect Legion in the end.

That's kinda how Zero Tolerance feels. You're listening to this incomplete material that was not meant to be released, because the musicians who worked with Chuck wanted to put pressure on Chuck's family to let them finish the material he started with them. It was well intentioned, but Zero Tolerance is sad, unpolished and was simply chock full of material that we were not supposed to ever listen to.

So, I'm skeptical about the new Control Denied album being Chuck's last work. I think that's an unintentionally dishonest way to put it. I'm sure it will rock and I sure as hell am going to buy it. But it's not really going to be Chuck's last work.

Moonspell - Earth

Well, im not pretty sure about that, in fact, i think we will listen a "remastered" versions of that four songs that we can listen on Zero Tolerance, maybe with the Chuck's guitar but a new recording of the other layers or maybe a weird mix as on the "TFAOE" re-issue where we can listen Chuck singing?, I dont really know if we can expect new songs played by others.

Anyway, as you said, "'Im sure it will rock". We just need to wait for this release.

Anyone with other information about this?
Thanks in advance! :D

Hahahaha, Damn!, what kind analogy is that!?!?!?

OT: ANCIENT WISDOM Cometh Doom, Cometh Death.

According to Richard Christy and Steve di Giorgio, Chuck recorded all his guitars for the second Control Denied album, as well as Richard recorded the drums in the same sessions. Steve had his basslines more or less composed but Chuck's health problems stopped all studio work, so Shannon - who has ill too after him - and Tim didn't record anything before Chuck passed out. Still, Chuck left the songs done and the guys just need to finish it. Steve said that this album would beat the shit out of TSOP in technicallity, so it's fair to say that this second CD album is the very last work of Chuck.

According to Richard Christy and Steve di Giorgio, Chuck recorded all his guitars for the second Control Denied album, as well as Richard recorded the drums in the same sessions. Steve had his basslines more or less composed but Chuck's health problems stopped all studio work, so Shannon - who has ill too after him - and Tim didn't record anything before Chuck passed out. Still, Chuck left the songs done and the guys just need to finish it. Steve said that this album would beat the shit out of TSOP in technicallity, so it's fair to say that this second CD album is the very last work of Chuck.

Thanks for clarifying. The diatribe in the Zero Tolerance booklet, if I remember, was too vague about how far in they were in creating that album when Chuck went down for the count. I didn't know the guitars had been finished. That's pretty cool. I'm trying to find it so I can snapshot the thing and show it to you guys, so you can see what I'm talking about!

Solefald - Sagateller

I've been revisiting many albums and enjoying new ones. These are some of them:

Disma - Towards the Megalith - 2011. Old school death metal done right. It's brutal, dark, manacing, varied and screams 90's.

Beyond Creation - The Aura -2011. Dominic 'Forest' Lapointe plays incredibly here, something that sounds like a mix of Augury's Fragmentary Evidence progressive-ness with Atheretic's brutality. Still, it's in the vein of ultra tech fast death, but with taste.

Nattsol - Stemning - revisited. While my impression of that Nattsol's existence is entirely Ulver's guilt hasn't changed, I think it's an enjoyable and well put folk/black metal album. I'm really digging the grim vocals which sometimes are very very passionate - like in Ved Baal I Kveldstime (the best track of the album).

Burzum - Fallen - 2011. Varg, being the asshole he is, still managed to release an original black metal album with high levels of quality among the vast quantity of imitators of the first half of 90's norwegian bm.

Pestilence - Doctrine - 2011. While I think it's way meshuggah influenced, it still has some interesting passages, brought by Thesseling mainly. Mameli's riffing is very simplified and sometimes downright mediocre to my ears, but his vocals has gotten better, as they have more character. I'm starting to hate this meshuggah' mindless 1-2 note chugging over polyrthytmic drums for the sake of giving a false sense of progressiveness (Fuck Djent!). Pestilence can do far better than this. I hope Thesseling will have a higher part in songwriting for the next releases.BTW, the drumming is excellent.

Unexpect - Fables of the Sleepless Empire - 2011. It shows a HUGE improvement on the songwriting dept. The songs, while still have many changes, those are way more logical and smoother. The bass isn't just PLANK PLANK PLANK all the way - in fact, there are some tapping-laden passages that sounds very good. The clean female vocals sounds better too, but the growling still sucks. There are some songs that are not really interesting. The opener is, sadly, the best track of the album and the one who shows the best how balanced can Unexpect sound.

Hope to listen to this second Control denied album this year :/
Chuck was getting more technical then ever, i think Death would sound something like Obscura nowadays and that would be awesome ! at least for me, but as far as i know chuck made control denied because he was tired to sing in Death and was his desire to continue but as a guitarrist only, and if the second Control Denied album "would beat the shit out of TSOP in technicallity" i think they were stepping into technical death metal's sphere, sadly we can only assume this :(