The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

Man, I've heard it a few times; your intonation needs some serious work.

This bass actually have a problem , it was 'freted' , i buyed it without the frets but when i play exactly in the place were was the fret i hear a strange noise , a metallic noise, so i need to play a few mm behind the real note, i think that's why.

Sigurðr;9950127 said:
This bass actually have a problem , it was 'freted' , i buyed it without the frets but when i play exactly in the place were was the fret i hear a strange noise , a metallic noise, so i need to play a few mm behind the real note, i think that's why.

Actually, you have 2 problems:

1 - The fret slots must be filled with wood. You can make this by yourself but I strongly recommend you to take it to a luthier.

2 - the correct place to press it's not placed where the fret used to be. I recommend you to use a tuner and search for the right place to play. You'll notice that you must press just behind the mark, but still that's not perfectly accurate. Starting the frets 9-12, if you go down to the 1st fret you'll notice that you must 'flat' the position note (playing it in lower tuning than it should) progressively. from the 12th to the 21/24th, you must 'sharp' the positions.

Sigurðr;9950127 said:

It's "The bass actually had a problem"

It's "I bought it without the frets" for proper english.

It's "When I played it exactly in the place where the fret was I heard a strange noise, a metallic noise."

Buyed hahaha omg, well that will sound as an excuse, but i was kindda drunk but even drunk if i were good enough i wouldn't write that wrong, anyway;

@Allfader: well that's too many details :O I never read about it anywhere, I have a bass magazine about fretless bass and they just told what i said to you "If you want the real note just play in the place were the frets would be", thanks for the tips haha but i'm feeling a horrible bass player now lol ;/

Basslines for the upcoming Minchelay EP.

Yesterday I did the last recordings and sent the files for mixing/mastering. I have no idea how it will turn, since I did just drums and bass, but there will be many other instruments involved. I can't wait to hear how it'll turn, but I think I did a fine job on both instruments: technical, proggy with heart. I just hope that the fretless bass will be audible - It's a given that the drums will - since there are some nice lines (IMO) there.

Now that I recovered by Les Paul, I'll finish the Ff album once and for all, but I know it'll take some time.