The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

Sigurðr;10018007 said:
I don't like prog metal/rock, only symphony-x but i was kinda tired for hearing the same thing in Opeth's albums , and when i heard the new album i was like 'oh...this is VERY different from the usual Opeth' and ironically this new album made me listen their last albums again...gave me the will to do that.

It could give you the will to listen some Camel, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, ELP, King Crimson and the like, those being way better than Opeth's wannabe vintage music.

It could give you the will to listen some Camel, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, ELP, King Crimson and the like, those being way better than Opeth's wannabe vintage music.

hahahaha you really didn't like uh?! I don't know, like i said, i don't like prog besides symphony-x but well, even if i liked Heritage i hope they back to their roots someday (or in their next album , who knows).

Sigurðr;10018331 said:
hahahaha you really didn't like uh?! I don't know, like i said, i don't like prog besides symphony-x but well, even if i liked Heritage i hope they back to their roots someday (or in their next album , who knows).

I don't really hate Opeth per se, but I think they have made 2 offensive albums: Watershed and Heritage. The latter is the more offensive of the two, just cause it's so bad written and reeks of wannabe vintage feel that I can't help but hate it.

The fact that I know many people who loves the band and gave it 10/10 BEFORE hearing any song doesn't help so much either.

The most weird aspect of the album is the 'out of place' feel that I've got from the vocals. I think Mike's cleans fit well some heavy parts and some semi folk oriented acoustic passages, but on Heritage, his voice sounds way too 'modern', the vocal patterns and melodies are mediocre.

If he released that shit under his own name, it would be more understandable, but equally mediocre.

In the other hand, the way Mendez is so audible and leading the way thru the whole album makes me think that he has a higher part on songwriting. I'm also impressed with Axenrot. It's not like his drumming is mindblowing or anything - still I think Lopez is way better - , but his work on Watershed was so mechanical and now it's very versatile.

I don't really hate Opeth per se, but I think they have made 2 offensive albums: Watershed and Heritage. The latter is the more offensive of the two, just cause it's so bad written and reeks of wannabe vintage feel that I can't help but hate it.

The fact that I know many people who loves the band and gave it 10/10 BEFORE hearing any song doesn't help so much either.

The most weird aspect of the album is the 'out of place' feel that I've got from the vocals. I think Mike's cleans fit well some heavy parts and some semi folk oriented acoustic passages, but on Heritage, his voice sounds way too 'modern', the vocal patterns and melodies are mediocre.

If he released that shit under his own name, it would be more understandable, but equally mediocre.

In the other hand, the way Mendez is so audible and leading the way thru the whole album makes me think that he has a higher part on songwriting. I'm also impressed with Axenrot. It's not like his drumming is mindblowing or anything - still I think Lopez is way better - , but his work on Watershed was so mechanical and now it's very versatile.

Opeth is so overrated, and has the most obnoxious and uncritical fans ever. Heck, they're worse than CoB or In Flames fans. They really can't nail it, it's just an insult to great, genuine bands such as Marillion and the like.

This review says it all.

Thulcandra - Night Eternal

Found this band yesterday in Angry metal guy's site...a tribute band to dissection? the sound is fucking amazing!!!!!! it's like old dissection..it's perfection, the swedish black metal in his better shape... This band is strongly recommended, and one of the guys is from Obscura! and he's playing such a different style..only proves that he's amazing and a great musician

Sigurðr;10028559 said:
Thulcandra - Night Eternal

Found this band yesterday in Angry metal guy's site...a tribute band to dissection? the sound is fucking amazing!!!!!! it's like old dissection..it's perfection, the swedish black metal in his better shape... This band is strongly recommended, and one of the guys is from Obscura! and he's playing such a different style..only proves that he's amazing and a great musician

Yeah, I heard FAD and the new one. It's a well made tribute, so in my book the band will always be a 3rd tier in terms of value. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how well they play if when I hear them I think about Dissection and Jon's riffs instead Thulcandra and Christian's playing.

np: Alarum - Eventuality. Just checkin out, given the comparisons with Atheist an Cynic.

Yeah, I heard FAD and the new one. It's a well made tribute, so in my book the band will always be a 3rd tier in terms of value. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how well they play if when I hear them I think about Dissection and Jon's riffs instead Thulcandra and Christian's playing.

Yeah indeed :kickass: I listen Thulcandra's songs and i can only think about Dissection, they catched the spirit...Do you know other band that is similar to both Dissection and Thulcandra? I think there aren't since i know Dissection for many years ago and just dicovered Thulcandra this month :lol: but there is always an underground band that rocks

Sigurðr;10038602 said:
Yeah indeed :kickass: I listen Thulcandra's songs and i can only think about Dissection, they catched the spirit...Do you know other band that is similar to both Dissection and Thulcandra? I think there aren't since i know Dissection for many years ago and just dicovered Thulcandra this month :lol: but there is always an underground band that rocks

Unanimated, Sacramentum.