The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

I really like it! They're finally going more electronic than ambient, about time since I was getting kind of fed up with he whole ambient stage. I don't see where A-ha fits in to be honest, and I think the song is surprisingly good.

I can only agree!
That has to be the first piece of music from Ulver that I found my ears liking since the release of "Nattens Madrigal" - finally something interesting!

Thats how I got it too. I've understood that there are 3 Ulver releases upcoming, Critical Geography, Psyche and a collaboration with Sunn O))). I might have gotten mixed up though.

Collaberation with Sunn ?!?!?! :yow: Where did you get that?? That would be totally super-awesome, as I'm a huge fan of both Ulver and Sunn.

Collaberation with Sunn ?!?!?! :yow: Where did you get that?? That would be totally super-awesome, as I'm a huge fan of both Ulver and Sunn.

From their myspace.
There is also a collaboration with Sunn O))). We had a terrific tracking session with the Nazgûls after their appearance at the Øya festival well over a year ago. We spent a month or so editing the material and adding our sheen to the sound. Since then it has unfortunately been lying dormant due to difficulties getting everyone together. We hope to join forces and finish the thing this spring. It is becoming a ghost.
This was posted in November 2009.

February 2010, nice :) Maybe they wrote the song during that tour.
Not bad, I like it.
I remember that a while ago, the new album was going to be called "Psyche", and they posted a song on Myspace which was very hippie-rock oriented, and it actually sounded pretty good, even better than this new one I'd say.

Oh yeah, do you have that song?

Thats how I got it too. I've understood that there are 3 Ulver releases upcoming, Critical Geography, Psyche and a collaboration with Sunn O))). I might have gotten mixed up though.

Ohhhh with Sunn O))) :yow::headbang:?

I can only agree!
That has to be the first piece of music from Ulver that I found my ears liking since the release of "Nattens Madrigal" - finally something interesting!

Haha I wouldn't say since "Nattens Madrigal", but the last couple of releases have been quite weak IMO. Indeed, finally something interesting, finally something that I like on the first listen!

From their myspace.

This was posted in November 2009.
Hm, I'm pretty sure I read that when it was first posted, can't believe I forgot about the Sunn collaberation :err:

Oh yeah, do you have that song?
The song is called "I had too much to dream last night" and it's still on their Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/ulver1

Haha I wouldn't say since "Nattens Madrigal", but the last couple of releases have been quite weak IMO. Indeed, finally something interesting, finally something that I like on the first listen!
I like/love everything after The Trilogie :loco:
And btw, unlike you, I can't say I've ever really loved anything by Ulver immediately after the first listen. Blood Inside was one big "wtf?!" to me when it came out, being used to Perdition City, Teachings In Silence and the movie soundtracks, and Shadows Of The Sun took many listens to fully appreciate, but in the end, they've all grown to the point I can safely consider any post-Trilogie Ulver release as one of my favorite music releases.

np:
Boards Of Canada - 1969
Geogaddi (2002)

A new world- Dark moor.
It's a good power metal band, im not into power/melodic anymore but i have a few bands that i like very much, like blind guardian,iced earth,rhapsody of fire and dark moor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykqIZ-QmgQQ
i prefer this one over February 2010, too.

Oh yeah I'd forgotten about this one, it's a good song.

I like/love everything after The Trilogie :loco:
And btw, unlike you, I can't say I've ever really loved anything by Ulver immediately after the first listen. Blood Inside was one big "wtf?!" to me when it came out, being used to Perdition City, Teachings In Silence and the movie soundtracks, and Shadows Of The Sun took many listens to fully appreciate, but in the end, they've all grown to the point I can safely consider any post-Trilogie Ulver release as one of my favorite music releases.

The ones that, for me, have been a bit harder to get into are the last two or three records; I've usually liked the rest on the first listen.

Ulver: Lost in Moments

Perdition City is definitely one of my favourite Ulver albums.

Now:

Ulver: The Future Sound of Music

Wish I had a joint right now, this song gets me so high.

@Defiance

Ulver: The Future Sound of Music

Wish I had a joint right now, this song gets me so high.

This is my favorite song from Ulver, it`s like a big motherf**king trip in a dark room.:headbang:

album-bleed-like-me.jpg

I would love for Garbage to come out with a new album.

Hey guys!
I Don't know if someone will read this but anyway :lol:
I want to promote a band from a friend of mine, it's a death metal band, he did all the instrumental and vocals , so i hope you guys like it ;)
The full album is for download in his official site:
http://www.scorner.com.br/ just click in download
when you click in DOWNLOAD button a series of music will open but for the full album just click in "Download do álbum completo + arte"

Jeg Faller- Burzum
Fallen is beautiful! it's kindda different from Belus...It is more harsh and with some clean vocals,but some riffs are more melodic than belus...his clean vocals are BEAUTIFUL! Fallen and Belus are both masterpieces.

EDIT: and i just found this: It´s so damn good, They just keep getting better and better! now the wait will be even more harder than was
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMRzXjO0lOc&feature=watch_response[/ame]

^ Don't really like AA to be honest, more of the same in that song.

In Norse mythology, Surtr or Surt (Old Norse "black"[1] or "the swarthy one"[2]) is a jötunn. Surtr is attested in the Poetic Edda, compiled in the 13th century from earlier traditional sources, and the Prose Edda, written in the 13th century by Snorri Sturluson. In both sources, Surtr is foretold as being a major figure during the events of Ragnarök; carrying his bright sword, he will go to battle against the Æsir, he will do battle with the major god Freyr, and afterward the flames that he brings forth will engulf the Earth.

In a poem from the Poetic Edda, Surtr is described as having a female companion, Sinmara. In a book from the Prose Edda additional information is given about Surtr, including that he is stationed guarding the frontier of the fiery realm Múspell, that he will lead "Múspell's sons" to Ragnarök, and that he will defeat Freyr. Surtr has been the subject of place names and artistic depictions, and scholarly theories have been proposed about elements of Surtr's descriptions and his potential origins.

Old Norse:

Sutr ferr sunnan
með sviga lævi:
skinn af sverði
sól valtiva.[3]

English:

Surtr moves from the south
with the scathe of branches:
there shines from his sword
the sun of Gods of the Slain.