The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

You have to review it?

@Necro: yeah. Asgeir did a great job on Ihsahn's After, but I haven't heard nothing really outstanding from Steve in long time. Quo Vadis' Defiant Imagination and The Focusing Blur are his last best works IMO. Futures End and Faust were ok on bass, but nothing as complex and beautiful as Visions and TFB. Am I missing something? I hope Steve does a really good job on the 2nd Control Denied album that will be released this year (according to an interview).

Vintersorg - Naturens Mystär. Beautiful, folky and epic track.

True stories. But have you heard Charred Walls of the Damned? Steve does bass alongside Mr. Richard Christy on drums. The production could be better for the bass but he does some interesting licks as usual if you listen carefully. Surely not one of his best works, but very refreshing to hear him.

I heard it and HATED the vocals. Ripper just sucks. Bass is ok, nothing really great IMO.

np: Arcturus - Shipwrecked Frontier Pioneer. Brilliant album!!!

True stories. But have you heard Charred Walls of the Damned? Steve does bass alongside Mr. Richard Christy on drums. The production could be better for the bass but he does some interesting licks as usual if you listen carefully. Surely not one of his best works, but very refreshing to hear him.

Public service announcement: DO NOT LISTEN TO CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED IF YOU DO NOT LIKE RIPPER OWENS. Let me just state this as clearly as possible: Ripper Owens is the worst vocalist of all time and he ruins that album. The music is fucking solid, like, honestly, it's great. Steve and Richard and Suecof are great, as always. Ripper Owens is a hack, a worthless, talentless crap vocalist and everything he touches turns to shit. He is an overrated cover band singer and he totally ruined that album. It was harsh to listen to. HARSH. You couldn't hear the bass for all the crotch grabbing worthlessness that is Ripper Owens.

/rant

Public service announcement: DO NOT LISTEN TO CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED IF YOU DO NOT LIKE RIPPER OWENS. Let me just state this as clearly as possible: Ripper Owens is the worst vocalist of all time and he ruins that album. The music is fucking solid, like, honestly, it's great. Steve and Richard and Suecof are great, as always. Ripper Owens is a hack, a worthless, talentless crap vocalist and everything he touches turns to shit. He is an overrated cover band singer and he totally ruined that album. It was harsh to listen to. HARSH. You couldn't hear the bass for all the crotch grabbing worthlessness that is Ripper Owens.

/rant

Yet another true story! Believe it or not fellas, I do my best to tune out Rippers vocals and just concentrate on the instruments being played. Though it might seem as an impossible task being that his vocals way surpasses the point of annoying, I somehow manage to tune him out and enjoy the the rest of what is a good line up. Not too big on the Ripper vocals or any of the like. Sorry, not my cup of tea either.

Ripper can sing but his vocal tone is horrible. It ruined the album for sure. I thought that they would use growls instead clean vocals, since the music is really heavy for just cleans. I don't get why Richard didn't ask to Tim Aymar to sing there, if he wanted a decent power metal-esque vocal performance (Maybe to appeal Priest/IE fans?).

np: Arcturus - Evacuation Code Deciphered. Pure bliss.

Haha.. sorry to rant, but honestly. I can't stand his vocals. They just make me hurt inside. How can anyone LIKE that guy? I love Matt Barlow from IE, I even like Halford himself. But like Allfader said, Owens' tone is just painful. And @NecroNegro, I'm surprised you can even tune him out. I tried, trust me. I tried. He is the classic example of how good records become BAD records when the vocalist is.. well, Ripper Owens. You are a braver man, than I. I listened to that record three or four times to review it, and never again will I press play on that one again.

Trident // World Destruction

Nevermore - Believe In Nothing
Dead Heart, In A Dead World (2000)

Long time since I last listened to Nevermore. Getting ready for their concert in May, I really hope they will play this song! :headbang:

Folge Dem Wind - Thus Echoes The Earth

Awesome album. I think these guys are going to grow a lot in popularity this year, since they recently signed with Code666 (Negura Bunget, Fen...).

NP: Fission - Pain Parade

Finally taking a break from the ever so addicting Orphaned Land. hahaha! I love Mr. V's projects for the obvious reason that I discover something new every time I listen to them. Pain Parade is actually a very special album for me and definitely up there as one of my favorite Mr. V projects of all time.

NP: Fission - Pain Parade

Finally taking a break from the ever so addicting Orphaned Land. hahaha! I love Mr. V's projects for the obvious reason that I discover something new every time I listen to them. Pain Parade is actually a very special album for me and definitely up there as one of my favorite Mr. V projects of all time.

I just realized that I've completely missed Pain Parade. Just heard it for the first time and it sounds so much fresher and better than Crater overall. A very positive surprise!

Yeah!!! I was listening to it yesterday, along with every Solefald album. Do you know what I have to say about it?

"BUY MY SPEEEEEERM"!!!!

i.e. I really like it. Rediscovering Solefald, an album at a time.

Did you know that the A-bomb was in fact a product of excellent sperm?

the_more_you_know2.jpg

Did you know that the A-bomb was in fact a product of excellent sperm?

the_more_you_know2.jpg

Hehe I don't get it, something related to Einstein?

Solefald: Tequila Sunrise

når parasollen åpner seg I sjelelsk
glimrer det langs spilene
og verden blir kjønn

du er vanntårnet på på bordet

jeg danser på kanten av glasset
og lengter mot regn og frodige skoger
glir med et rykk og finner ut mellom isbitene
at lykken er en utpult bigamist
monogam med lidenskapen som eneste elskerinne

du kommer fra solavlede dyner
og er fuktig med leppene nede
søvn med sirupssøte mothaker

jeg drar meg opp på cocktailpinnen
huler ut en isbit med tungen
smeltevann på duken

solnedgangen rødmer når pinnen bikker

med sugerøret I munnen
setter jeg tennene I cisternen
tømmer den for vannkyss

VI går ut av baren sammen
og farer videre

kanelstrødde boulevarder

kremfylte slott​

I will open my parasol! :p

I guess my Norwegian has improved since I understand some of the lyrics :) .

Finntroll's new album is indeed excellent, I agree it's the best since Nattfödd; I thought that Ur Jordens Djup was a tad weak. They really released an excellent album.