The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

devinghost.jpg

:headbang:

Sounds like Opeth are going more proggy and diverse. Fine by me.

Hmm, Ghost has leaked? I've only heard Feather, which is a very relaxing piece.

Ok, maybe I'll check it out. I liked Týr when they were unknown and while their success is positive I find they've bevome a bit more mediocre and repetetive.

Speaking of catchy. Is there anything wrong with catchy music or poppy metal? Do people have to distinguish themselves from the larger society/mainstream and the element of poppy/catchiness to remain true to one music form? I'll just say dig what you dig and don't try to conform to a subgroup too much. Nonconformity might just turn into conformity in a smaller scale.

Djöfull;9836812 said:
Speaking of catchy. Is there anything wrong with catchy music or poppy metal?
opinions.

pop music sounds mediocre and repetitive 9 times out of 10 to me, hence poppy metal cannot be much more good. However, 1 time out of 10 it can actually sound interesting.
Again, opinions.

Djöfull;9836812 said:
Do people have to distinguish themselves from the larger society/mainstream and the element of poppy/catchiness to remain true to one music form? I'll just say dig what you dig and don't try to conform to a subgroup too much. Nonconformity might just turn into conformity in a smaller scale.
I don't know who exactly you are speaking of, must be some generalizing trend you are seeing or something. I choose for myself what i like and what i don't without looking around, and there exist no such authority that would make me change my mind and start liking/disliking something, except my own mood. I'd say, don't try to generalize and to put people in groups, either subgroups.

Just, contemplating about it. Not aiming everything towards you.:heh: Good for you to be true to yourself.

pop music sounds mediocre and repetitive 9 times out of 10 to me
I'd say 95-99 out of 100 pop songs are boring or uninteresting. Pop metal has a slightly more success rate.

Listening to 2 new tracks of Ghost - Devin Townsend. Chillaxing the are.

Head Control System - Baby Blue
Murder Nature (2006)

Garm + nu/prog-metal = WIN!! :headbang:
They haven't officially disbanded as far as I know, I hope there will ever be a new album.

Bongripper - Hippie Killer

For some reason the Inferno Festival made me lose all interest in everything metal except stoner/doom/sludge.

lol I gotta hear that track based on the title alone :lol:
If you haven't done so already, check out bands such as Neurosis, Sunn O))), Earth, Eagle Twin, AmenRa, Nadja, Jesu, Ufomammut etc. etc. :cool:

lol I gotta hear that track based on the title alone :lol:
If you haven't done so already, check out bands such as Neurosis, Sunn O))), Earth, Eagle Twin, AmenRa, Nadja, Jesu, Ufomammut etc. etc. :cool:

Hippie Killer is the album title. Check out "Reefer Sutherland" on that album.
I've heard a bit of some of the bands you mentioned, I'll definitely give all of them a chance.

NP: SubRosa - Borrowed Time, Borrowed Eyes