The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

I've only listened to the new Amorphis once, it struck me as very good then... so here is for the second listen.

HOW? WHERE??? LINK!!!
I just youtubed the album/songs. I think the whole album is there. You can narrow the search to this week or today for convenience.

Djöfull;9840126 said:
I've only listened to the new Amorphis once, it struck me as very good then... so here is for the second listen.

I just youtubed the album/songs. I think the whole album is there. You can narrow the search to this week or today for convenience.

I've found it REALLY hard to get into it. I listened to four songs, and then basically changed to another album. Not sure what to say….

But it overall feels mediocre right?
Well, I wouldn't wanna state that, but yes sometimes. A bit to long and monotone at times. He has done more awesome atmosheric stuff in the past. But I'll have to give this one further spins.

Feather, Heart baby and Blackberry are for instance very good.

I was listening the the polish progsters Riverside, their new EP. It's fine but it doesn't quite grab me as their first 2 albums. They haven't really impressed me since those albums.

Also checked out a bit from the new Leaves eyes, sounds interesting. Many albums that I have to check out currently new Falconer, Symphony X, Týr, Ulver, Draconian, In Flames( although I don't think it'll be that good), Arch enemy. All bands that I've liked in the past.

Djöfull;9843774 said:
Well, I wouldn't wanna state that, but yes sometimes. A bit to long and monotone at times. He has done more awesome atmosheric stuff in the past. But I'll have to give this one further spins.

Feather, Heart baby and Blackberry are for instance very good.

I was listening the the polish progsters Riverside, their new EP. It's fine but it doesn't quite grab me as their first 2 albums. They haven't really impressed me since those albums.

Also checked out a bit from the new Leaves eyes, sounds interesting. Many albums that I have to check out currently new Falconer, Symphony X, Týr, Ulver, Draconian, In Flames( although I don't think it'll be that good), Arch enemy. All bands that I've liked in the past.

It's so strange, all the previous stuff of the DTP is excellent, brilliant, I really like it, but this feels like rubbish, a rushed work in which one feels that he thinks he can release anything. It feels like a mediocre version of Ki. Read: Much more mediocre version.

Well, I certainly don't think it's rubbish as I like flutes and some folky new age stuff and cheesy keyboards/electronics. But it takes some time getting into. The songs flow into one another so I look at them sometimes as a one piece. The album certainly divide fans. It's Devin's favorite off the DTP albums. It might not be as awesome as I expected but still good stuff that probably will become even better.

Djöfull;9847600 said:
Well, I certainly don't think it's rubbish as I like flutes and some folky new age stuff and cheesy keyboards/electronics. But it takes some time getting into. The songs flow into one another so I look at them sometimes as a one piece. The album certainly divide fans. It's Devin's favorite off the DTP albums. It might not be as awesome as I expected but still good stuff that probably will become even better.

I guess I shouldn't be calling it rubbish since I didn't even get to half the album. I'll listen to it again (obviously), but I don't know when.

Morbid Angel - 'I'. Resuming: the death metal tracks are great and, from the electronic stuff I dig Destructos and De Profundis. Radikult is shit, but in the middle features an excellent metal interlude. 3/5 here.