The Nevermore Forum Thread

Fry it first and put it in. If you put it in first I doubt it would cook to a desirable crispness, and if you mix it in after then the layered beauty is destroyed!
So the texture and crispiness from frying would endure 45 minutes in the oven?

Maybe another option could be just sprinkling on bacon bits when the casserole is finished?

I took that into consideration, but overcooking in the oven seemed like the lesser of the evils.

Sprinkling on top would be the best bet, for sure! But bacon bits? I hope you meant bits from bacon you fried yourself and broke up.

I say, TRY BOTH ROUTES!

Yeah, I was imagining just breaking up the bacon into little pieces and mixing it in with the serving on my plate. It always turns to slop in the transfer from pan to plate anyways.

Indeed, indeed. I'm still betting that cooking, then adding into the casserole while it's in the oven won't hurt much. The burger is cooked beforehand and it doesn't change too much, so the bacon wouldn't get soggy or anything, I believe.

Next time I make it, I'll cook extra bacon. Half into the oven, and test it out. If it rules... well... no one ever said there was such thing as too much bacon!

Go for 4 bacons next time then.

I guess I could ask for less bacon, but that's being a pansy!

Big Bacon Omelette A generous omelette loaded with six strips of chopped hickory smoked bacon, onions, diced tomatoes, Parmesan and Swiss cheeses. Topped with sour cream

It is a rather large omelette, as well.

I would think the server knows you don't fit in booths when you look like Violet Beauregard.

Since this has degenerated/improved into a food thread (and at the risk of offending the gods of bacon), I submit the awesomely tasty meal-on-a-pita I had for dinner tonight:

518Z4ZXQMCL._AA280_.jpg

Technically, I had the "with pine nuts" variety, but all 11 or so of their flavors are good.