The Nevermore Forum Thread

Oddness. Please elaborate!

http://www.8bitjoystick.com/archives/jake_field_guide_to_weird_japanese_pizza.php

some highlights from that site:

Some of the weirder things that you can get on a pizza in Japan are mayonnaise
broccoli
corn
shrimp
squid
zucchini
squash
boiled eggs
tuna
octopus
potatoes
eel

Broccoli is rather common these days (in gourmet establishments), and I used to think corn was a crazy topping until I had one with such at California Pizza Kitchen. Later I proceeded to make my own corn pizza variety. I believe I chronicled that with pictures at one point, as well. Turned out rather good.

Pizza Hut Japan
The Japanese arm of the Pepsico owned Giant. Since KFC is a national staple in Japan it is no surprise that Pizza Hut would show up in Japan. Check out the Korean Purokogi style Pizza. Kim-chee on pizza... it is so crazy that is might work. I love their Idaho Special pizza is covered in Potatoes when absolutely noone in the US state of Idaho puts potatoes on their pizza.

KIMCHEE?! winnar.
And looking over that Pizza Hut Japan menu, I notice a few mayo choices.

Do you use mayo in this Tuna Pizza? While looking at all those Jap pizza sites today, I noticed they are fond of that.

yes, I already mentioned just mayo, but i meant tuna salad style.

Derick... do you think bacon would work in tater tot casserole? Would I have to fry the bacon first and put in the casserole, or just fry it afterwards and mix it in manually?

Fry it first and put it in. If you put it in first I doubt it would cook to a desirable crispness, and if you mix it in after then the layered beauty is destroyed!