The New album is called Watershed : Out June 2nd

Ok first time poster, long time lurker here on the Opeth message board. Looking so forward to the new CD, and US tour.

What I am looking most forward to is hearing the the English Folk music fused into their sound. I personally loved it when Days of the New did it with the Green Album. I know DOTN does not hold a candle to Opeth, but I still thought it sounded great.

Any ways I will step away and lurk some more, just very excited about the new album.

Victorialand, could you please tell us - roughly - how frequent are Mikael's growls on this one? Is it 50/50 between the growls and the sung vocals? Less? More?

Would be really interesting to know ...

Cheers!

"Album opener “Coil” is a gorgeous acoustic number, featuring local folk vocalist Nathalie Lorichs, while “Heir Apparent” will knock listeners unconscious with its blunt force metal. Always one to defy the rules, Opeth posits sung vocals over artillery-like blast beats on “The Lotus Eater,” cementing their reputation as innovators and redefiners.

Watershed combines elements of modern metal, prog rock, free jazz and hints of European folk music, all of which come together for a seamless, unique collection of songs that will leave an indelible mark upon all who listen. Watershed is the first Opeth release to feature new guitarist Fredrik Akesson and drummer Martin Axenrot and is the band’s second effort for Roadrunner Records. Watershed is the eagerly awaited follow up to 2005’s critically acclaimed Ghost Reveries.

The complete track listing is as follows: “Coil,” “Heir Apparent,” “The Lotus Eater,” “Burden,” “Porcelain Heart,” “Hessian Peel” and “Hex Omega.”"

oh my god

Mikael I am sorry you have to change the title of the track "Burden" as I already have written a song called that!! :heh::heh::heh: Stealing from demo bands huh? A new low.

(http://www.garageband.com/artist/arbour)

watershed_800.jpg

rock.

omglolfuckmehardandcallmelucy:

"Watershed" is the name of Opeth´s 9th studio observation. The album has just been mixed and mastered by Jens Bogren with M. Åkerfeldt. The album consist of 7 songs and the titles are as follows:

1. Coil
2. Heir Apparent
3. The Lotus Eater
4. Burden
5. Porcelain Heart
6. Hessian Peel
7 Hex Omega

All the songs have been written by M. Åkerfeldt apart from "Porcelain Heart" which was co-written with Fredrik Åkesson. One additonal track, "Derelict Herds" has also been recorded and this was written by Mikael Åkerfeldt and Per Wiberg. On top of this, 3 cover songs has been recorded. "Bridge of sighs" from Robin Trower´s 1974 Lp with the same title, "Den ständiga resan" (sung in Swedish) by Marie Fredriksson as well as the classic Alice in Chains song, "Would?".

The album was recorded at Fascination street studios during November 1 and December 13. Some addtional recordings were done between January 3rd and 7th. Produced by Jens Bogren and Mikael Åkerfeldt and Opeth.

Says Mikael Åkerfeldt: "I´ve worked so hard with these songs for quite some time now, I´ve listened to 'em a zillion times. I don't hate them just yet! The album sounds great sonically and I think I can hear us evolving as the record plays on. It is taking us somewhere musically and I don't know where. It's very exciting to say the least! I can't remember having enjoyed a recording this much ever before."

The cover was (as usual) designed by Travis Smith in co-operation with Åkerfeldt. Release date is yet to be confirmed but Roadrunner worldwide will have it out sometime in the Springtime of this year.

Edit: Oh fuck I'm so fucking excited, these news are from the Opethsite btw, omg I'm going to kill myself I don't care if I sound fanboyish :lol:

you should have posted the original post from Opeth website. here's it:

2008-02-05

"Watershed" is the name of Opeth's 9th studio observation. The album has just been mixed and mastered by Jens Bogren with M. Åkerfeldt. The album consist of 7 songs and the titles are as follows:

1. Coil
2. Heir Apparent
3. The Lotus Eater
4. Burden
5. Porcelain Heart
6. Hessian Peel
7 Hex Omega

All the songs have been written by M. Åkerfeldt apart from "Porcelain Heart" which was co-written with Fredrik Åkesson. One additonal track, "Derelict Herds" has also been recorded and this was written by Mikael Åkerfeldt and Per Wiberg. On top of this, 3 cover songs has been recorded. "Bridge of sighs" from Robin Trower's 1974 Lp with the same title, "Den ständiga resan" (sung in Swedish) by Marie Fredriksson as well as the classic Alice in Chains song, "Would?".

The album was recorded at Fascination street studios during November 1 and December 13. Some addtional recordings were done between January 3rd and 7th. Produced by Jens Bogren and Mikael Åkerfeldt and Opeth.

Says Mikael Åkerfeldt: "I've worked so hard with these songs for quite some time now, I've listened to 'em a zillion times. I don't hate them just yet! The album sounds great sonically and I think I can hear us evolving as the record plays on. It is taking us somewhere musically and I don't know where. It's very exciting to say the least! I can't remember having enjoyed a recording this much ever before."

The cover was (as usual) designed by Travis Smith in co-operation with Åkerfeldt. Release date is yet to be confirmed but Roadrunner worldwide will have it out sometime in the Springtime of this year.

release date is June 2nd, taken from roadrunner's website:
New York, NY: Swedish progressive metal titans Opeth, often credited as being forward thinkers who are a genre of one, are proud to announce Watershed as the title of their forthcoming album, due out on Roadrunner Records on June 2, 2008.