The New Edition

Mr Samsara said:
1. Not allowed? That's correct.

2. If you already have "the same" disk with this content on it.... why would you need to d/l it?

3. I would immediately go to the police station and report the "They" that came to your house and put a gun to your head and forced you to buy anything.

Thanks... I was asking a serious question, good to see even the moderation feels the need to adopt the consdescending, or at least patronizing attitude that has made the opeth forum such a better place over the last year or so...

Well downloading that cd is legal over here, so I guess it depends on how you look at it if it is allowed. It comes down to a question of morals: is it morally acceptable for me to download any cd, or in this case: the "new" reveries.

Of course they didnt put a gun to my head to buy anything. What they ARE doing though, is milking fans to buy the same product twice by adding a gimmick. I think it's abusive. How is that any more morally justified than for me to download a cd? Had they given people the opportunity to buy a nice ltd. edition in the first place, it would have been a lot different.

I visited a music store today. The new Ltd. Ed. was there for 17 euros, the old normal one still had a price of 19. Sick....

Oh, by the way, yes it's not "the same" cd. It is "the same" album though. What you pay for mostly is even "the same" music. Thanks for correcting me though, I'll try to formulate my thoughts more precisely in the future!

don't be a fucking cheapass. Just buy it allready. goddamn.

And it's not Opeth's fault. Peter says in an interview video that they wanted to release the ltd version and the regular version at the same time, so people can choose. But Roadrunner decides, and wants to milk the fans for all their money. oh well. so yeah, it sucks. but it's okay since it's so cool the extra stuff. imo. yeah. more beer now please.

holy crap. is anyone else having trouble taking the disc out of the placeholder. I feel like I'm gonna break the CD trying to take it out. Is there some special way to remove the discs?

Hehe, I don't have that problem, however, you know that episode of
The Simpsons in which Bart and his friends buys the first copy of
Radiation Man? Well, I feel the same way about my copy of GR SE...
I'm treating it as it was fragile as a baby, disinfecting forceps
to turn the pages in the booklet and shit :D

holy crap. is anyone else having trouble taking the disc out of the placeholder. I feel like I'm gonna break the CD trying to take it out. Is there some special way to remove the discs?

Simple technique to remove tight fitting CD's /DVDs...

Push down the centre spigot that holds the CD / DVD in place with index finger and remove disc gently lifting the outside edge with your other hand...

Painlesss huh? :)

Great new Opeth GR SE release, love the documentry and the awesome graphics, "Check out the self igniting candle's peeps." :)

Who is it lurking in the background holding the reaper, looking through the "Windowpane?" Mike? :D

Refreshingly honest and down to earth commentry as always. :kickass:

I hope you have a great time in the UK guys, thanks for blessing our shores once again. :Smokin:

lmao
picture1vk1.png

Thanks... I was asking a serious question, good to see even the moderation feels the need to adopt the consdescending, or at least patronizing attitude that has made the opeth forum such a better place over the last year or so...

Well downloading that cd is legal over here, so I guess it depends on how you look at it if it is allowed. It comes down to a question of morals: is it morally acceptable for me to download any cd, or in this case: the "new" reveries.

Of course they didnt put a gun to my head to buy anything. What they ARE doing though, is milking fans to buy the same product twice by adding a gimmick. I think it's abusive. How is that any more morally justified than for me to download a cd? Had they given people the opportunity to buy a nice ltd. edition in the first place, it would have been a lot different.

I visited a music store today. The new Ltd. Ed. was there for 17 euros, the old normal one still had a price of 19. Sick....

Oh, by the way, yes it's not "the same" cd. It is "the same" album though. What you pay for mostly is even "the same" music. Thanks for correcting me though, I'll try to formulate my thoughts more precisely in the future!

Look man... I answered you based on what you posted... not what you meant. If you want me to do that in the future you need to post what you mean. I don't care where you live or if it is "Legal" to d/l records there or whatever....Keep in mind that talk regarding piracy of any kind is strictly forbidden here ... the official Opeth forum which I moderate. I'm simply doing my job which gets me bashed if I do it and bashed if I don't. I was simply cracking a joke based on the words you used, "make you pay twice for the same CD".... but for the love of God please don't try to lump me in with the dregs of the forum. I'm actually in the process of purging said dregs as we speak.

If you want to get into a discusson of the ethics of downloading or how much you hate corporations that are out to make a profit... go to the Non-Opeth music chat sub-forum and open a thread about it. Asking "who's going to rip the doc and post it" is just against the rules and related questions regarding why this should be allowed are not going to get anywhere.period.

Frankly I love the new edition. The extra art, different packaging, a bonus track, DVD with 5.1, a video, a 40 min documentary.... I picked it up for $19.95 and feel I got my moneys worth so apparently not everyone is so dissatisfied.

Oh well, you're right, I'm sorry. I misunderstood your "no" as well... I guess based upon what you see here everyday you thought I was trolling as well. This place sucks.

I HAVE IT...saw the documentary....very nice...not as extensive as Id like...but still give a good insight into songwriting...and leaving of Martin....also tells you alil about teh beginnings of Opeth...!!......i was kindda disspaointed ion the Liner notes...id liek to read more....o well...still it was aweosme....its worth it for the marvelous cover of SoF alone..!!...his best vocal yet...!!!.....i got it for only like 17$...!!.........PEAC EOUT

Frankly I love the new edition. The extra art, different packaging, a bonus track, DVD with 5.1, a video, a 40 min documentary.... I picked it up for $19.95 and feel I got my moneys worth so apparently not everyone is so dissatisfied.

Agreed. I paid $21.00 and feel as though it's worth it.

Anyone else order from The End get their copies yet? They said my order was fulfilled on Tuesday, if they are in NY and I am in RI, I'd figure it would be here by now. :(

I've seen copies floating around the place, im tempted to pick it up. I actually picked up "Still Life" yesterday. Im still trying to find afew more Opeth Cd's to complete my collection. I assume i'll pick up the digipak sometime next week when I head to the city to do my weekly Cd shopping spree.