The New Katatonia Album First Listening Ritual

Hah! I remember that when Watershed first leaked, I turned off all of the lights in my room and blocked all of the windows. I then drew a thick blanket over myself to assuredly block all light. I then listened with noise canceling studio headphones at ample volume... yeah...

Thats kinda like what i did.
The first spin of Watershed was almost exhausting.

at night I'm going out to a massive empty lot where there's supposed to be a new neighborhood, but right now it's just space, it'll be a full moon, and I'll lie on the top of a hill and just go at it, then after it's done execute Hara-Kiri on myself because it better be the most depressing thing ever

Honestly I can't wait for this album and I hope they release a song or too on Youtube to satisfy me.

But I'm going to get my hands on it legally, even if it is leaked (Which I'll be downloading it... but I still feel I HAVE to own it). Just gonna pop it in my computer after a quick mall trip on the day of release and BLAST, hopefully nobody will be home. :D Snack food is always good too. But dayum, HMV better sell it - I haven't seen one Katatonia album there ALL FUCKING YEAR (Canada sucks donk for Kat).

Yeah Canada does fail for selling Katatonia albums in stores, pretty sure I got all mine off of Amazon.ca

Shut myself off from everything and listen obsessively for hours no doubt.

Wherever I am I will give it an intent listen the first time then give it 2 more listens to allow it to sink in then probably another intent listen after that again. I agree with some of you guys in that I almost NEVER get into an album/song first time. I live by the at least 3 listens rule (which usually have to be spanned apart for maximum effect). Only then can I make a true judgement or appreciation of the music.

Don't ask me why or how it works, it's fucked but it does.