THE...NEW....NEVERMORE...

NFU

I like pie.
Jan 9, 2002
Southern California
www.myspace.com
im listening to this amazing monstrosity of what might be the best metal album of the last 4-5 years?

i had almost lost all hope for metal besides opeth and a few others...but nevermore is now making the best material they have to date. prepare to be blown away folks....

woohoo! is it out officially yet? surely, you didnt dl it. btw, you single-handedly got me listening to nevermore.

how about a more detailed review? what's it sound like, aside from loomis shredding and dane baying like a wounded coyote? i didn't think 'enemies of reality' was really all that great, so i don't have high hopes for this new one. i think sometimes low expectations are the best friend a record can have. last megadeth album, for example.

shantideva said:
how about a more detailed review? what's it sound like, aside from loomis shredding and dane baying like a wounded coyote? i didn't think 'enemies of reality' was really all that great, so i don't have high hopes for this new one. i think sometimes low expectations are the best friend a record can have. last megadeth album, for example.

probably 5 times better than enemies. far catchier, far heavier, far more melodic. Its like dreaming neon black type vibe and riffs, with a dead heart in a dead world freshness. truly great metal listening.

lots of LONG technical solos. lots of headbanging parts. good technical and melodic riffs of all sorts of styles: death metal, classic metal, opethy, and even some melodeath influence.

warrel's vocals are by far the most accesible theyve ever been, even doing some low almost death metal type growls.

van is a maniac on the drums (as usual), tons of double bass and great cymbal accent work.

etc etc.

Hmm...anyone want to send it to me on AIM? Like, maybe someone that I sent the dredg album to? ....i can't remember who all I gave that to. Much like my herpes. :(

Sounds amazing.

I'm fucking surprised the folks on Andy's forum didn't get into a stir about it - I hadn't even realized it's leaked/shipped.

Andy said something about utilizing different production techniques on this one, so I'll need to grab it.