new nevermore...

Décadent said:
Fuck. Yes.

How great would that be if Immolation joined them for Harnessing Ruin? I'll fucken swim to the US.

They're touring the US with Deicide, Misery Index, Skinless and With Passion this summer. I'm a devoted follower of Misery Index and Deicide with Dave Suzuki and Tony from Vital would be interesting to watch (even though it would be depressing without the Hoffmans).

Dreadful said:
Deicide with Dave Suzuki and Tony from Vital would be interesting to watch (even though it would be depressing without the Hoffmans).

Hoffmans were overrated. Tony Lazaro isnt actualy playing for Deicide, Jack Owen from Cannibal Corpse has taken second guitar duties.

Immolation > Deicide

x300, no matter who's playing guitar.

i like bodom, but i don't hold them to the same artistic standard that i do opeth, katatonia, etc.....more like the one i do dragonforce :tickled:
still, there's such a stigma against bodom and i find it really grating that people use them as whipping boys; if you don't like 'em that's cool but don't assume that i'm some zit-faced hot-topic teenager just because i do.

yeah, laiho = douchebaggus maximus

i also like mastodon

i've been getting into Peddlers of Bombast lately. Their guitarist, Shake Montgomery, is incredible.
check 'em out.

uhhh...on topic: well, nevermore has a cool name but i wasnt able to really enjoy Enemies of Reality. sounds *very* childish. i mean, "enemies of reality"? ooohhh, scary! "tomorrow turned into yesterday"? whoooooo cares.

dorian gray said:
i've been getting into Peddlers of Bombast lately. Their guitarist, Shake Montgomery, is incredible.
check 'em out.

uhhh...on topic: well, nevermore has a cool name but i wasnt able to really enjoy Enemies of Reality. sounds *very* childish. i mean, "enemies of reality"? ooohhh, scary! "tomorrow turned into yesterday"? whoooooo cares.

dorian...dont take this the wrong way...but obviously nevermore isnt the first metal band youve heard correct? now knowing that...you must have heard a lyric or two from other metal bands yes? well, using that logic, you must know by now that 99% of metal lyrics or horrid, and therefore simply a vehicle for the vocals to be used as another instrument more or less. that being said...listen to nevermore's music next time...k? ;)

I saw the clip to 'I, Voyager' and was fairly disappointed. Sounded like that nu-gothernburg sound that Arch Enemy are propagating all over the place. I found the solo to be truly terrible and out of place too.

Vocals were pretty nice as always though, I've always been a fan of Nevermore's vocals.

Moonlapse said:
I saw the clip to 'I, Voyager' and was fairly disappointed. Sounded like that nu-gothernburg sound that Arch Enemy are propagating all over the place. I found the solo to be truly terrible and out of place too.

were you listening to "i, voyager" by nevermore? :erk:

i hear about 0.2% arch enemy of any era in this song.
as for the solo...to each their own i guess...but i think its slick.

Ah sorry, I'm always a tad braindead after workouts. Good thing Deron took away the 'delete forum' button :tickled:

But about the track anyway, I'm fine with differing opinions. Alot of what has been said in this thread doesn't make sense to me, but that's fine. Everyone has their own thing.

Moonlapse said:
Ah sorry, I'm always a tad braindead after workouts. Good thing Deron took away the 'delete forum' button :tickled:

But about the track anyway, I'm fine with differing opinions. Alot of what has been said in this thread doesn't make sense to me, but that's fine. Everyone has their own thing.

what said in here doesnt make sense to you? im confused.

Moonlapse said:
The whole Bodom hatred thing.

@Moonlapse, I think because in Australia they are more accepting of the "wild rockstar" image than the brainwashed by US "puritan" mainstream. Have you ever read the Tommy Lee bashing that goes on at Blabbermouth? Just comical!!! He does deserve most of it! hehehe :D

Vrykolakas said:
@Moonlapse, I think because in Australia they are more accepting of the "wild rockstar" image than the brainwashed by US "puritan" mainstream. Have you ever read the Tommy Lee bashing that goes on at Blabbermouth? Just comical!!! He does deserve most of it! hehehe :D

I don't think anyone from the US "puritan" mainstream would be posting here. :p

NineFeetUnderground said:
dorian...dont take this the wrong way...but obviously nevermore isnt the first metal band youve heard correct? now knowing that...you must have heard a lyric or two from other metal bands yes? well, using that logic, you must know by now that 99% of metal lyrics or horrid, and therefore simply a vehicle for the vocals to be used as another instrument more or less. that being said...listen to nevermore's music next time...k? ;)

I've always thought that Nevermore had some of the best lyrics in metal, or any genre really. But well, they're rather bleak and I guess they're not for everyone.

I don't know, yeah there's metal bands with bad lyrics, but for every one of them there's a band with great lyrics. Just like any other genre really.

PeeWee1473 said:
I've always thought that Nevermore had some of the best lyrics in metal, or any genre really. But well, they're rather bleak and I guess they're not for everyone.

I don't know, yeah there's metal bands with bad lyrics, but for every one of them there's a band with great lyrics. Just like any other genre really.

well obviously everyone has their own opinion of what "great lyrics" are...and i probably overgeneralized. But i merely meant in my own opinion, i havent heard a metal band with lyrics that really jumped at me as anything taking note of, rather than just being dark imagery, or attempts at some kind of poetry, or semi-political/social slander or hatred...and then the usual one dimensional satanic rubbish for shock value.

i dont feel any of this really detracts from the music, for i certainly dont listen to metal for the lyrical content...(that goes for most genres really)...so im fine with it...i like the music a lot and thats enough to keep me listening to the bands i do with perfect contentment.

it just blows me away when bands who ive always thought had very immature and elementary lyrics...are praised to have "such great lyrics" by some of their listeners. *shrug* i just try to listen to the music...i feel thats whats important in metal.

@NFU: im curious why you dont place much value on lyrics in the metal genre. it seems to me you are are a consumer of quality. to me, that means the entire package - including lyrics.
but, i couldnt tell you a word of jester race but i really like the album. so, i guess i can see where you are coming from.