new nevermore...

NFU

I like pie.
Jan 9, 2002
Southern California
www.myspace.com
for those who havent seen it...here is a studio recording video of the band recording the new album...http://www.andysneap.com/nevermore.mov

it sounds like Opeth meets Cynic...im beyond psyched...it sounds great!

thank the metal gods for the last dynasty of good american metal...that is nevermore. ;)

p.s. i know this is off topic, but i frankly dont care much...seeing that many on this forum like nevermore...and Opeth being big fans themselves, i dont think anyone should mind too much.

NineFeet... you? I never would have thought.

Fuck you're right though, the two bands that instantly came to mind were Opeth and Cynic. Nevermore fans aint gunna be happy...

i can't believe i've never heard these guys before! that sounds fucking awesome! holy crap, these guys are going at the top of my list next time i hit up the music store. thanks nfu :kickass:

heard of them, just never got around to checking them out; i'm a poor college student :p
i have a really long list of cds to get and only a limited budget

Décadent said:
NineFeet... you? I never would have thought.

Fuck you're right though, the two bands that instantly came to mind were Opeth and Cynic. Nevermore fans aint gunna be happy...

haha, i guess i come off as anti-metal or something?:p

trust me im not...im a big metal fan...of quite a few bands...mostly classic or old school ones though...

no but really, nevermore has been one of my favorite metal acts for several years now...i havent missed a tour of theirs either...great stuff. and this new album seems to be just as promising or more so than their previous material.

ahahaa oh god, that metronome is even more obnoxious to the Cubase SX one.

What ever happened to the good ol' wood block like you got Opeth using on the documentary? Those shots of Mendez tracking bass is some of the heaviest shit ever.

Shadows Skulk said:
Does that mean YOU went to a Dimmu Booger/Children of gay keyboard solos concert?

'cause I did too

yea, it was pretty painful. i think finntroll would be the only show more irritating than that. hypocrisy is always a good show as well though.

Haha, moonlapse, I was thinking the same exact thing. Putting up with that metronome takes quite the diligent musician...

They seem pretty cool, but I've never heard a whole song of theirs. One of those situations where the vocals could make or break it for me. What are the vox like?

BurningSky said:
Haha, moonlapse, I was thinking the same exact thing. Putting up with that metronome takes quite the diligent musician...

They seem pretty cool, but I've never heard a whole song of theirs. One of those situations where the vocals could make or break it for me. What are the vox like?

clean, high, sometimes shrill and quirky (NOT like power metal though...think like freddie mercury on a scary LSD trip), but haunting, effective and great once you get used to them.

Interesting, I'll have to look into that. Didn't Opeth tour with them? I remember having a Forest of Rocktober video and there was a Nevermore banner in the background.

BurningSky said:
Interesting, I'll have to look into that. Didn't Opeth tour with them? I remember having a Forest of Rocktober video and there was a Nevermore banner in the background.

yes...they did. with angel dust, and soilwork for east coast dates i beleive...i however didnt see them, seeing as it was a west coast date i saw them on.

That was great! I remember Andy Sneap showed us where he was gonna build the new studio and now it seem to be done! Great seeing that clip. I love Nevermore, I think they're vastly underrated, and Loomis as a guitar player is unbelievable! You can't mention the guy from Bodom in the same sentence, quite honestly it's the C-league in comparison! Loomis is probably my favourite guitarplayer in metal today! And a great, great guy as well. We toured with them some years back and the guys are fantastic! Can't wait to hear the new album!!!

Cheers
Mike

hmmm i had nevermore enemies of reality at one stage, thought it was horrible, maybe i should listen to some Nevermore again...