THE...NEW....NEVERMORE...

Justin S. said:
^ Youre not exactly unbiased in your opinion of me considering our little spats.

The irony in you all telling me I talk out of my ass is wonderful.

I think you make some good points frequently. You do come across as condescending occasionally though. *Looks around at the forum members* I guess I can't blame you. :)

Justin S. said:
^ Youre not exactly unbiased in your opinion of me considering our little spats.

The irony in you all telling me I talk out of my ass is wonderful.

the only reason you and i had spats was because you one day decided while you were on the rag to give me a hard time about what clothes i wear and skin blemishes...

because that has so much to do with biased or unbiased musical banter...

NineFeetUnderground said:
the only reason you and i had spats was because you one day decided while you were on the rag to give me a hard time about what clothes i wear and skin blemishes...

I dont think thats the case at all...

My dislike of you stems from a simple personality clash and I think we can leave it at that.

Jon Snow said:
I think you make some good points frequently. You do come across as condescending occasionally though. *Looks around at the forum members* I guess I can't blame you. :)

I appreciate that Jon. Its easy to sound arrogant when all you have to work with is poorly written text (mine most certainly included) on a message board, even more so when trying to emphasize strong disagreement. As Ive mentioned before, I tend to pick my battles in areas that I have invested a lot of time and energy...

That said, my posting can be too aggressive at times. Im working on it. :)

NineFeetUnderground said:
my personality is diverse and can match any attire.

your dislike is stemmed from irrationale.

Last time Im going to type about "us" here. This has nothing to do with your clothes, or appearance. They are merely convenient symbols of what I find ridiculous about you. Your personality, and the snippets of your thought process that I get from your posts are the reason why I dislike you.

In the future I will make an effort to avoid direct confrontation with you. I would (as well as the rest of the board and moderators) appreciate it if you could do the same.

Back to Nevermore...

Now I"m all curious as to how everyone dresses. So that I may make ignorant judgements upon you all.

not that I haven't done that already or anything.

Justin S. said:
Last time Im going to type about "us" here. This has nothing to do with your clothes, or appearance. They are merely convenient symbols of what I find ridiculous about you. Your personality, and the snippets of your thought process that I get from your posts are the reason why I dislike you.

In the future I will make an effort to avoid direct confrontation with you. I would (as well as the rest of the board and moderators) appreciate it if you could do the same.

Back to Nevermore...

if you dont like my personality, then about 75% of the people here must irritate you beyond belief. oh well

back to nevermore...

dude, I can't even take you seriously anymore, after the novel you wrote about the proper way to go about saying that you hate Nevermore. how long did that take?*

*Feel free to lie and make up a shorter period of time than it actually took - you know, so you don't look like a super-fan with too much time on his hands.

the_drip said:
Now I"m all curious as to how everyone dresses. So that I may make ignorant judgements upon you all.

not that I haven't done that already or anything.
i wear jeans and a t-shirt...always.
and if it's nice out, shorts and a t-shirt.
nothing fancy. and i'm always comfortable, which is all that counts :)
but, yeah t-shirts year round

Alright. Listened to 'This Godless Endeavor' a few times now.

And it ain't that great.

The production is great, the playing flawless in execution, but nothing leaps out as being really innovative or inspired. There's no real dynamic happening, no atmosphere, no emotion in short.
And the vocals are way too power metal and cheesy for my liking, not one melody gets stuck in my head. I think I may actually prefer LaBrie.

Sanzen said:
dude, I can't even take you seriously anymore, after the novel you wrote about the proper way to go about saying that you hate Nevermore. how long did that take?*

*Feel free to lie and make up a shorter period of time than it actually took - you know, so you don't look like a super-fan with too much time on his hands.

What? Who are you? It didn't take that long cuz I type fast.

And I like to argue. I was on the debate team at university and it carried with me after graduation. I don't like to pointlessly argue, but rather try and deconsrtuct (no pun intented) other arguments. Besides, I take it with a grain of salt...you and other people are getting more uptight about this than I am. It is between me and Looking for a Job anyways.

NP - Internet cafe music

Christ, these arguments should just end now...Devy Metal, seriously just get a grip. This is only the Ultimatemetal.com forum in the Opeth section, no need to shit a gigantic turd everytime you sign on here. Whether or not who is getting owned is irrelevent now, people mainly just want you to shutup. As for "Looking for a job"...he's a nutcase 24/7, everyone pretty much has accepted that even though they don't agree with 95% of what he says, his douchery is usually entertaining. Sometimes it's nicer to read posts from sarcastic assholes straight to the point than to read people endlessly babbling and arguing and crying. If you're for Nevermore, then I'm on your side because I think Nevermore is one of the top metal bands of today...

For all you people who heard "This Godless Endeavor" and were disappointed, left with this not so great impression of Nevermore....check out "Dead heart in a dead world" and "dreaming neon black"...if you like those, prepare yourself for the melodic thrashfest that is "Politics of Ecstasy."
Never judge a band by just one album, especially if it's the new one, the 7th release in their 10+ year existence.