The new pic thread

marduk1507 said:
You mean they dont play much from it? If thats so, its a real pity, because the new album is fantastic!

They play entire album, but it's SHORT. 1 hour 15 minutes, but it flies by like 10.

eRraZib_ENo said:
Thank dog I bought ear plugs.

Pussy. Because earplugs are for pussies. As are aquasocks, bike helmets and plastic cups.

And Bullet ruled, by the way.

About Trivium - I don't like what they are doing that much, but there was a point when someone said that they actually ARE metal when emo blooms, so there will be more people in sucky clothing not wearing make-up who will prefer Trivium over... um, Chemical Romance?.. but Trivium wear make-up? Oh well, I guess emo wins.

Fatality.

Kinda old news, but still - you GET the picture:

fucker.jpg

plintus said:
Pussy. Because earplugs are for pussies. As are aquasocks, bike helmets and plastic cups.

Hey, just because I stick something down my ear canal doesn't mean I stick anything else in any other of my body orifices. FYI also, the earplugs aren't for Maiden, they're for the opener.

And bike helmets rule. Especially the ones from the 80's that look like an oversized Beatles haircut.

DS and I bought earplugs for indoor concerts. I havent used earplugs for outdoor concerts in years now, but indoors the sound is different, so we thought it'd be a good investment to use professional earplugs for concerts

plintus said:
Because earplugs are for pussies.

Which will have good hearing and no tinnitus for a much longer time than the cool guys, thus can enjoy music more :D
Even musicians are wearing earplugs, both if they play without in-ear-monitoring and when they listen to other bands.

Being deaf from concerts is so out of fashion :p

good earplugs dont even distort the sound or mute everything except the basses.. or so I hear. I didnt have a chance to try them out yet

There exist different kinds of (but some of these then are very_special, you need to really search for them, as in musician´s stores or workplace-outfitters):
- reducing the decibel-value in general
- reducing either the higher or lower sounds more (for example for certain workplaces, depending on the environment)

and both kinds you get in different qualities, starting from the ones which are a bit tree-shaped up to personalized and fitted ones.
However, the general ones in tree-shape are already doing a fine job for concert audience, but for the amount of decibel-reduction you need to read the label, because also of that exist different categories.

What kind of have you bought?

fireangel said:
Which will have good hearing and no tinnitus for a much longer time than the cool guys, thus can enjoy music more :D
Even musicians are wearing earplugs, both if they play without in-ear-monitoring and when they listen to other bands.

Being deaf from concerts is so out of fashion :p

If you aren't going to concerts every week, work in a sound-safe environment, don't blast music into your ears and still use earplugs at concerts... it's a first step to a rubber woman.

Like non-alcoholic beer.

Like bike helmets, plastic cups and band shirts+blue jeans.

Taliesin said:
We got 2 pairs of these , which I guess are "tree shaped" ? ;)
We paid over 20 euros so I hope they do a good job ^^

yep, that´s what I meant, I have such, too :) They reduce all kinds of sounds in general, even though I might consider some which reduce the bass more, having to repeatedly have to photograph in front of the most vile bass speakers, suitable for a festival but actually serving only to an audience of a few thousand :ill:
And I don´t know a better word to describe that form, looking like a figurative christmas-tree :D

Plintus: to each their own :D
Sometimes I found it so loud /bass-y that it physically hurted in my ears, and to me, that´s not what a concert is about.

Okay, back to pics ;)

That only once happened to me: Opeth at Gigantour had some CRAZY bass settings when I almost could feel my eardrum trembling... but that's only once.

Free tip: you don't chew gum (continuously) listening to music in headphones. You just don't. Cuz that does some damage to your hearing as well (read about a study years ago), worse than just listening to loud music in headphones.

plintus said:
That only once happened to me: Opeth at Gigantour had some CRAZY bass settings when I almost could feel my eardrum trembling... but that's only once.

Free tip: you don't chew gum (continuously) listening to music in headphones. You just don't. Cuz that does some damage to your hearing as well (read about a study years ago), worse than just listening to loud music in headphones.

This is true. When you listen to loud music, your ears react in such a way to prevent the eardrum from moving too severely, thus the reason why ramping up a sound is better than starting straight from max volume. The problem is that when you chew, it's the same as 'popping' one's eardrums. Essentially, you're equalizing the pressure inside and out of your inner ear. The reason this is bad for you is that the ear protects itself by pressurizing the fluid inside your ear (the 'stops the eardrum from moving too much' thing above), and the chewing motion counteracts that. So essentially, you're negating your body's natural defense against sound that is too loud.

~kov.

Kovenant84 said:
This is true. When you listen to loud music, your ears react in such a way to prevent the eardrum from moving too severely, thus the reason why ramping up a sound is better than starting straight from max volume. The problem is that when you chew, it's the same as 'popping' one's eardrums. Essentially, you're equalizing the pressure inside and out of your inner ear. The reason this is bad for you is that the ear protects itself by pressurizing the fluid inside your ear (the 'stops the eardrum from moving too much' thing above), and the chewing motion counteracts that. So essentially, you're negating your body's natural defense against sound that is too loud.

~kov.
:loco: wow, I didn't know that..!

I always use earplugs at concerts, not the really expensive ones from HI-FI stores, but not the 20-pack ones either. One of my friends thought earplugs were for sissies, and now he´s beggining to get worse and worse tinnitus at the age of 17. :rolleyes:

When I come home from concerts and suchlike loud events, I always think it´s quite nice to have music on at a low volume, I´ve got some sort of conception that it´s for your ears. Is this true? Perhaps it´s better to just have complete silence?

Makaan said:
I always use earplugs at concerts, not the really expensive ones from HI-FI stores, but not the 20-pack ones either. One of my friends thought earplugs were for sissies, and now he´s beggining to get worse and worse tinnitus at the age of 17. :rolleyes:

When I come home from concerts and suchlike loud events, I always think it´s quite nice to have music on at a low volume, I´ve got some sort of conception that it´s for your ears. Is this true? Perhaps it´s better to just have complete silence?

Well, one of the reasons I knew so much about the reasons why your hearing goes from loud music is that I'm already going deaf (and I don't mean that as an exaggeration).

And as far as I know, there's no difference between soft music and silence when it comes to after-concert-ear-relaxants. Basically, once the damage is done, it's done. Not much is gonna help it.

~kov.

Makaan said:

I used not to wear earplugs until once, after a concert, my ears rang all the next day... until then, I always try not to forget my earplugs for concert! it so nice, when after a concert, you dont feel a bit deaf and dont have any ringing ears... I read some pretty scary things about people having permanent ear ringing, and i dont want to have that! I started to wear Quies earplugs, but those let you hear only basses and blast beats... you cant year really well the guitar with that, so I recently bought some earplugs specially made for musicians. They just lower the volume, but let you hear all the frequencies.