The new pic thread

Towns with names on their hills are quaint. =)

Americans have historically glorified the small town and small town folk. It's just part of our culture, even though the reality is that big retail stores and strip malls have eaten most of them up. =(

Americans have historically glorified the small town and small town folk. It's just part of our culture, even though the reality is that big retail stores and strip malls have eaten most of them up. =(

This makes a lot of sense. I was also thinking that small towns and suburbs usually lack very tall buildings that might make the place recognizable from a distance, and since hills are pretty much all alike a sign with the town name on it could simply mark the area.

This makes a lot of sense. I was also thinking that small towns and suburbs usually lack very tall buildings that might make the place recognizable from a distance, and since hills are pretty much all alike a sign with the town name on it could simply mark the area.
I like to think of it as a remainder of the cowboy era. Yeeha! :headbang:

June 1st 2008, Las Vegas.

withmike.jpg

Film by this d00d.

Here's my brand new tattoo! A were-platypus (my idea but not my design, I can't draw). It is permanently decorating my back, top right side.

ovide.jpg

In greek it's...guess what: platypus.

By the way, i'm amazed to find out that in the various languages section, wikipedia has a special place for "simple english".

I am heavily sunburned and have a cold after spending two days at a lake in Austria (Plansee). Saturday was very rainy so we sat in a tent and celebrated ourselves.
On Sunday the sun was shining so we lay down at the lake and relaxed until the afternoon (with some beach-volleyball breaks).
That is what I would call a good weekend.

I wanted to upload another picture, but imageshack.us does not upload it.

@villain: i went to a restaurant called nokka recently, but had i known it meant "beak" i would have changed reservations.

by the way, the bar at the klaus k design hotel in helsinki is the most amazing thing. like, ever.