The new pic thread

great pics again!

Just uploaded my pics from the first day at Rockhard Festival at www.photopit.com :)

Communic
communic04.jpg

Heaven Shall Burn
hsb05.jpg

Ensiferum
ensiferum19.jpg

The Haunted
thehaunted13.jpg

Samael
samael17.jpg

Sonata Arctica
sonataarctica30.jpg

Amon Amarth
amonamarth14.jpg

Children Of Bodom
childrenofbodom26.jpg

Jon Oliva
jonoliva04.jpg

Crowd
IMG_3402.jpg

Aweeesome! I am getting boring with all the praises, but you are a great photographer! And nice to see some "having fun" pics too. Always cool to see the other part of the story.. not only the band that played :)

Thank you, Caro!

Tee said:
idari, you live in paradise. :)
Unfortunately i don't anymore, but at least i'll get to be there a lot in the summer :) We'll be there the whole july when Lasse's off work.

@ wildfyr: Aww, what's happened to that poor thing's tail?! :cry:
Yeah we've got squirrels in Finland. When i was a kid we used to have pet squirrels. They always came in the house and we fed them, and they even slept inside :) They were so adorable.

Looks awesome, Idari! Did you go to do some extra stuff on it or is this the same version you posted before? I like the color...blaaack, yay! :)

@Idari... So is it an 'S' for Santu, or is it just a dragon? If it is an S you should add a *insert the first letter of your last name here* next to it... that would be slick. Or you could get the initial of Lasse's last name, devotion it would prove... and if you get married I take it you'll take his name anyway, so all would be in place.
The Tatt looks great :)

@Solefald: Thanks muchos for posting those pics, I haven't seen the new editions properly yet. I don't think they're available over here.

@Dl1 yo: Those pics are awesome. The alexi one is cool. I heard he'd grown a beard as a dare... you have validated the rumour for me. Cheers :).
Also: were all those crazy people going nuts and waving there hands around particularly for your photo? If so, that's coool. You must have felt godly.

DragonLady1 said:
yeah that was really great, the guys who announced the bands had the idea to do this picture so they would encourage the crowd to go crazy and then call me on stage to picture it, wow...
Nice! That's pretty badass... BTW..I enjoyed the pics from the link (even though I never heard of any of those band/artist). I liked the zoomed drum parts at the beginning especially. Live ones were great too...as always ;)

Bleh. Wanted to post in this thread earlier this morning when I was here responding to some folks in the U.S. Tour thread but the UM server wasn't cooperating. Oh well.

Anyway...

@Gtranquillity - Thank you. Your compliments mean a lot to me as well. And your recent floral pics are gorgeous. Like Siren, I just want to put my face into them - and inhale. :)

@DragonLady1: Your festival and live shots are great! They make me feel like I was there. I think if I lived in Europe I'd want to try to hit as many fests as possible, too. Nowadays though, it seems like I wouldn't have enough stamina to last through one summer. :\ Anyway, thanks for posting your pics. It looks like great fun! :D

idari: I'm not a huge tattoo fan but I like the black ones. Did you mention before that yours is not finished? Were you planning to have some color(s) added to it and if so, which ones? FWIW, I think it would still look good if you left it black only. The black only thing is called tribal art, correct? Sorry about all the questions but you may or may not know I'm not very schooled in the tattoo arts.

As for Stubbi, I don't know what happened to her tail. She may have been born with it that way or she may have suffered some sort of trauma, like a predator attack. Recently she and some of her relatives had a bout with a mange mite infestation but they're recovering from that. Thanks for letting me know that Finland has squirrels. They seem to be very intelligent animals, very aware of their surroundings, etc. Sentient perhaps? They've always been around but maybe I've taken them for granted up until now. Until one really observe them and their behavior, one may not know how simple, yet complex, they really are. :)

thanx, yeah I also try to do as many festivals as possible, looks like there will be 7 or 8 this year *madness*

well the pics from day 2 are online now

treshold15.jpg

unleashed20.jpg

overkill11.jpg

and this is one the best singer I heard in long time now... *impressed*
masterplan12.jpg

and sentenced :worship:
sentenced23.jpg

TheNewBuild said:
Looks awesome, Idari! Did you go to do some extra stuff on it or is this the same version you posted before? I like the color...blaaack, yay! :)
It's the same version. We didn't need to do any extra work on it yet, since it healed just fine and the summer's coming up now and i'm going to swim a lot and go to the sauna and stuff, so i might get it fixed after summer if needed :)

King Chaos said:
@Idari... So is it an 'S' for Santu, or is it just a dragon? If it is an S you should add a *insert the first letter of your last name here* next to it... that would be slick. Or you could get the initial of Lasse's last name, devotion it would prove... and if you get married I take it you'll take his name anyway, so all would be in place.
The Tatt looks great :)
Yep, the S is indeed for Santtu, and the tail of the dragon is an M, which is the first letter of my last name ;) So you're a bit late with your idea there :p And the M is also for my horoscope. If Lasse and i get married, then..well, too bad :p

Wildfyr said:
idari: I'm not a huge tattoo fan but I like the black ones. Did you mention before that yours is not finished? Were you planning to have some color(s) added to it and if so, which ones? FWIW, I think it would still look good if you left it black only. The black only thing is called tribal art, correct? Sorry about all the questions but you may or may not know I'm not very schooled in the tattoo arts.

As for Stubbi, I don't know what happened to her tail. She may have been born with it that way or she may have suffered some sort of trauma, like a predator attack. Recently she and some of her relatives had a bout with a mange mite infestation but they're recovering from that. Thanks for letting me know that Finland has squirrels. They seem to be very intelligent animals, very aware of their surroundings, etc. Sentient perhaps? They've always been around but maybe I've taken them for granted up until now. Until one really observe them and their behavior, one may not know how simple, yet complex, they really are.
Nooo nonononono!! No colors for my tattoo, i really prefer black ones :)
Tribal art doesn't mean the color, it means the shape of the tattoo. There are red tribal tattoos, blue ones, or any other color. I think black tribals look best though. Tribals are like the things in my tattoo next to the dragon. And the wings of the dragon are tribal-ish. Here's some tribals: thailandtattoocenter.com/gallery/albums/TRIBAL-TATTOO-FLASH/TRIBAL_ARM_29.jpg

Ohh, i'm glad the squirrels are better now. I love squirrels, they're so adorable. Unfortunately my cat likes to eat them though :erk: