The new pic thread

jeez, look at their faces. it's like a clown competition or a "the most embarassing picture" competition.
if they would put in playing as much energy as they put in those faces, they would all be great musicians.

TheFourthHorseman said:
Since it is the pic thread after all, a comic relief:
group5io4so.gif

is that... dancing?
human beings have come a long way

Hardcore dancing, I believe.
I suppose that's like coming out on the other side of humanity and finding...just another fucking monkey.[/obscure reference]

Headbanging probably goes to the same category, but it's better because I like doing it...
And just look at that, argh, at least it's not that stupid-looking.

DragonLady1 said:
not at all, its funny I think, he's posing for the camera and its great, its just show damn, should they all be boring on stage and do nothing?
I can (kind of) understand the posing, but I don't see the greatness. What's so hard to understand about that? I can think of a few other ways of entertaining the crowd and not looking like an ass too, and I'm sure that artists who are capable of entertaining me know many more.

DragonLady1 said:
nevermoooorreeeeee!!! great, cant wait to see them in salzburg and hopefully that stockholm holiday including a nevermore gig will work too ;)

me getting (or already being) drunk at up from the ground festival
IMG_2067.jpg

:lol:

I love the color of your hair!

And I am sure you'll get a better Nevermore set than we did - they only played 20 minutes for Gigantour :yell:

Ah rotting christ. Good they are. ah Heaven shall Burn. Good they are too.

opeth6vp.jpg

:eek: :'( :cry: What the fuck!

I seriously ... seriously hope that's a joke. Hot Topic is a piece of shit. Opeth don't use that font. Roadrunner can kiss my fucking arse :'(. "Hot new sensation"... Alright. I wanna shout and yell, but then I'll sound like one of those geeks that gets angry when every one finds out about one of their favourite bands. THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT! hehe. No seriously, Opeth are one of few metal bands composing really intelligent music, they are above that sort of shit. And the type of retards that shop at hot topic and listen to the 'tips' of roadrunner will definately not get Opeth. So this advert is actually kinda destructive.

Unless it's a joke, in which case I've been dooped good and proper.

DragonLady1 said:
it is a joke, u dont think that they really do that no? actually as far as I can say the opeth guys have a lot of humour what was shown when mikael played with bloodbath in wacken and also at the summerbreeze festival...
so are you suggesting that atrocity is serious, but opeth see it as a joke? Cos thats still kinda upsetting. It's a way of making it seem to us like they aren't whoring themselves, when in actuallity, they are. because all the retards who shop at hot topic wont "get it".

"the hottest new metal sensation since slipknot" is indeed a giveaway, or at least it seems to me it should be one. not because of anything concerning slipknot's dubious merits: it's just that no record label in its sane mind would openly create a comparison between two active and established bands in what is, broadly speaking, the same genre. it would be free publicity for slipknot and detract something from opeth, which cannot possibly be the purpose of any ad.

edited for humility.

Yeah but I think it definately could have been pieced together by Hot Topic. There best selling artists are Slipknot and Funeral for a freind. Slipknot are absolute superstars in the US (where Hot Topic is based). And Hot Topic are smart enough to know that all who shop with them are poseurs. They go for fads. They are trying to advertise Opeth as the next big fad no doubt.

Now that's my apprehension here. Although originally I thought 'someone is taking the piss', it seems plausible that hot topic would use this advertising method to inject the youth with opeth.