The new word/world

Darth Jester

Oct 5, 2011
Why is it that in so many places track 11 from Colony is said to be 'The New WORLD' when the back cover clearly says 'The New WORD'?

I think it's something to do with the butterfly effect, or dark matter.

I think they made it in tribute to Christian Bale's finest film^

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know it's never been sorted out which is correct, but I think it's pretty safe to say it's ''The New Word'' if you read the lyrics.

After so long Anders may not even remember. They have very rarely played it live after all.

It's a really good song. But why play something like that when you can fill 8 minutes of the set up with The Chosen Pessimist? People have to have an 8 minute break nowadays, apparently...

Ask jester slave now that he is friends with Anders. In my cd booklet the word world is only on the lyrics title. I have to listen to know what he really says, though I think Anders doesn't care.

Some Turkish dudes from the long gone In Flames board "Everdying" did an interview with the band in, I believe, 2005. They asked about the correct song title and the answer was it's supposed to be "the new WORD."

I've forgotten much of the interview, but just for fun, here's some tidbits:

The interviewers also asked what was the original line in Episode 666 instead of "destination chaos". Anders didn't remember anymore.

Then Jesper asked them whether they had any song requests, and they requested Jotun, Pallas Anders Visa and Stand Ablaze. The first two were played at the following Istanbul gig, but Stand Ablaze wasn't because the band would've had to rehearse it first. However, Jesper promised they'd play it the next time in Istanbul - which probably didn't happen, but wasn't Jesper already gone by then?

One question was "what song would you like to cover for a future album?" The band answered they aren't that big on covers anymore and they'd rather just record their own songs.

Hey Jabi, I still have the everdying interview if anyone is interested. It is the new word, but they haven't confirmed it. The everdying guys requested from Stand Ablaze, which the band didn't play that day.

I have met them at the airport and asked them if they would play pallar anders visa, they made fun of me but they did :). Also 2005 Istanbul concert was the one of the best gigs ever that i've been to.

Also i have the full show but it skips a lot. If anyone wants that i can upload it too.

By the way do any of you guys now the jordanese guy who had like 100+ in flames video bootlegs?

By the way do any of you guys now the jordanese guy who had like 100+ in flames video bootlegs?
I don't ''know'' him but I did get my 2004 Trädgårn bootleg from him. I don't recall his name, Omar or something similar starting with O. Think I got some old mails 5 years or something back with him, why you asking?