The non-metal thread

Jean-Pierre said:
hahaha, how the hell can you compare the two?

I'm not comparing them. I just think Dead Can Dance makes better music. I don't give a shit anyway.

Jeff Buckley is a-freakin-mazing. Easily one of, if not the best vocalist ever! The Flower Kings also are quite good. Miles Davis-Bitches Brew (complete session) is also an A+ grade. Older Tori Amos and UNKLE also get my vote.

Life Sucks said:
The Exploited
Discharge
Propagandhi
Shai Hulud
Candiria (not the new CD though)
old VOD
Sick Of It All
KMFDM

You're right. Limited...

...but so damn good. Cheers!

Metal's only like 30-40% of what I listen to, so naming all my other faves would just take forever.

Hmm, about Propagandhi - I guess it's made up by combining Propaganda and Gandhi, but the band declares on their site that they're anti-violent and anti-fascist, which are exactly Gandhi's ideals. Looks weird.

kmik said:
I'm looking for something similar to Puissance and Windham Hell - bombastic, 'neoclassical' (what is that, anyway?) and preferably melodic. Anyone?

Gae Bolg & The Church of Fand. Seven Pines. Predella Avant. Regard Extreme. A Challenge of Honour. Arditi. Toroidh. Blood Axis. Der Blutharsch. Deutsch Nepal. Karjalan Sissit. Nature & Organisation. L'Orchestre Noir. Omne Datum Optimum. Parzival. Some moreso than others.

I have incredibly odd tastes in non-metal music.

I'm enjoying Mint Royale at the moment, the brains behind the new Volkswagen "Singin' in the Rain" advert.

Northaunt's "The Ominous Silence" is beautiful dark ambient. It sends an evolving landscape in waves down the listener's backbone, merging human emotion with the cogs of nature, resulting in an experience that is both isolating and freeing.

Guardian of Darkness said:
Northaunt's "The Ominous Silence" is beautiful dark ambient. It sends an evolving landscape in waves down the listener's backbone, merging human emotion with the cogs of nature, resulting in an experience that is both isolating and freeing.
It's very good. Cyclic Law released a compilation called Nord Ambient Alliance. Northaunt was one of the bands. Kammarheit was also on the compilation and very good also. A similar sound.

Guardian of Darkness said:

:lol: :lol:

Oh Thomas.