The Norwegian Thread

thank you for the corrections! but I have a couple of questions:
- shouldn't I say "og ser mange pene fjeller because ser = see in the present tense and fjeller = plural for mountain?
- what is wrong with the expression "vi kan har som oel"?

that's lovely. I hope to see it next winter :)

same here, I'm teaching myself also. I went to the library and this is the book I found:
417D0AZE50L._SS500_.jpg

I just read the reviews on amazon, and this is the best book you can get to teach yourself. Although I haven't tried out any other books, this one is definitely very good. You read the dialogues and are introduced to new vocabulary, and then go over the lessons in grammar and do some exercises for practice. there are 2 cds it comes with so you can listen to the dialogues as well and get a sense of the pronunciation (which is kinda difficult actually). So yeah, I'd definitely suggest that you get this book.
Cool, thanks, can you give me a link to the book? How much did it cost you?
I'm using this site so far. http://www.sofn.com/norwegian_culture/languagelessons_index.jsp

What do you think of the site?

Cool, thanks, can you give me a link to the book? How much did it cost you?
I'm using this site so far. http://www.sofn.com/norwegian_culture/languagelessons_index.jsp

What do you think of the site?

that's a pretty good find for learning a language online for free. but it doesn't seem to give you any rules about grammar and structuring sentences. If I were you, I'd learn through the book instead, if you really want to understand how the language works.

here, click this [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Teach-Yourself-Norwegian-Complete-Language/dp/0340867108/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229339736&sr=1-7[/ame]

Quisling! :[]

:cry:
Haha, jeg skal kanskje flytte tilbake til norge og om et år eller to. Don't worry. Men det er ikke så værst å bo her, mindre mobbing på skolene, de selger masse skandinaviske produkter her. Det eneste dårlige er at det er en haug av britiske idioter som banker folk uten grunn her, men man kan unngå de.
Snus er ulovlig her, men de selger det uansett. Det er nesten som det er dop, de gjemmer det inne på et bakeri på en butikk med masse skandinaviske produkter. :headbang:

that's a pretty good find for learning a language online for free. but it doesn't seem to give you any rules about grammar and structuring sentences. If I were you, I'd learn through the book instead, if you really want to understand how the language works.

here, click this http://www.amazon.com/Teach-Yoursel...=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229339736&sr=1-7
Cool, that book is a bit pricey, costing 50 plus dollars. Do you think any of the Learn Norwegian books around the 20 $ range may suit me just about as well as you are with your book?

Jeg skal reiser til Mammoth fjell i morgen (actually in seks timer). Jeg er migget opphiset fordi der vil vaere mye snoe :D Det er en vakker by. Jeg skal tar mange pictures og gaa snowboaring. Yay for vinter! paa gjensyn en noen dager.

Cool, that book is a bit pricey, costing 50 plus dollars. Do you think any of the Learn Norwegian books around the 20 $ range may suit me just about as well as you are with your book?

hmm...in all honestly, no, I don't think so. But why don't you just do what I did? Get it from the library!

Because my local library doesn't have any books on Norwegian, neither does my college one. I'll probably just buy the one you got if I find it for 50 $ or so because it is a quality book. And I'm clueless about grammar rules and forming sentences in Norwegian despite consistently increasing my vocabulary.

Jeg er rygg fra Mammoth fjell og jeg savner snoen :(

snoen var meget dyp!
n6015058_40676772_656.jpg

og meg og min venner bygget en snoman!
before:
n6015058_40676778_2108.jpg

after:
n6015058_40676783_3370.jpg

vi bor i dette husset for seks dager. det er meget pen husset.
n6015058_40676787_4407.jpg

jeg elsker snoen!
n6015058_40676794_6302.jpg

Veldig bra skrevet, ser veldig morsomt ut i snøen!

If i'm supposed to be a gramma nazi everything wasn't typed correctly., sorry don't hate me:(

det er meget pen husset. = Det er et meget pent hus. = It is a very pretty house.

I just woke up so I don't wanna scan the whole thing for errors:lol:

Don't Get me this way, I am NOT like this anywhere else:lol:

Also if you likae alot of snow, move to northern Norway. It is alot of snow, ice and cold here. Yippee.

Veldig bra skrevet, ser veldig morsomt ut i snøen!

If i'm supposed to be a gramma nazi everything wasn't typed correctly., sorry don't hate me:(

det er meget pen husset. = Det er et meget pent hus. = It is a very pretty house.

I just woke up so I don't wanna scan the whole thing for errors:lol:

Don't Get me this way, I am NOT like this anywhere else:lol:

Also if you likae alot of snow, move to northern Norway. It is alot of snow, ice and cold here. Yippee.

What about "Jeg er rygg..."? :p

:lol: shes trying to learn, if anything you SHOULD be a grammar nazi, don't go around saying its perfect when it isnt :p

:lol: you Norsks are funnyyyyy. Thanks for the corrections Ensi. And yes, please do be a grammar nazi. It's very much appreciated.

what's wrong with saying "Jeg er rygg fra..."

:lol: you Norsks are funnyyyyy. Thanks for the corrections Ensi. And yes, please do be a grammar nazi. It's very much appreciated.

what's wrong with saying "Jeg er rygg fra..."

:oops:

Because translated, it can mean 2 things:

-I am back (like a body part, your back) from
-I am back (when you are "Rygging" you are going backwards, like when you drive your car in reverse) from