The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

Iron Duck said:
So you're Rob? You get an awesome sound out of that guitar man. Really diggin' the full songs.:Spin:
-Iron Duck

PS. Burton will kick Lo Pan's ass any day!

he eh thanks. i never thought my tone was all that great. unfortunately i can't display your comment opn my page 'cause i need to upgrade my membership to display comments. i have some more originals on the go. think a cross between symph x, wuthering heights, yet more modern folk influences. i want some parts to sound like fast dance, celtic music.

Like that one part in Mirror Mirror (by Blind Guardian, who I hope that everyone here knows.)

Get Nightfall in Middle Earth, if you do plan on getting some Guardian. Thats my #2 favorite album ever.(V being my #!)

Neo-Classical/Operatic/Prog Metal = GOOD!
Paul Di'Ano = GOOD! But not as good as Lord Dickenson.

Antithesis!!Some of you may have heard of us because Jaxita always used to play us on her internet radio show!!:Spin: Anyways ,we're a progressive/power metal band out of Cleveland,Ohio...We have 2 cd's out & are currently finishing recording our 3rd cd called "Dreaming Reality"..BTW,our new singer Matt Adkins sounds like a cross between Russell Allen & Sebastian Bach & you can hear one of the new tunes in it's entirety on our website :
http://www.antithesis.cc
We also have some full songs & some partial samples of songs from our last 2 cd's as well!!
Let me know what you think!!
Krusty/Drums/Antithesis:headbang:

Krusty/Antithesis said:
Antithesis!!Some of you may have heard of us because Jaxita always used to play us on her internet radio show!!:Spin: Anyways ,we're a progressive/power metal band out of Cleveland,Ohio...We have 2 cd's out & are currently finishing recording our 3rd cd called "Dreaming Reality"..BTW,our new singer Matt Adkins sounds like a cross between Russell Allen & Sebastian Bach & you can hear one of the new tunes in it's entirety on our website :
We also have some full songs & some partial samples of songs from our last 2 cd's as well!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Antithesis is the shiz..if you have not heard them, shame on you! Fix that oversight right this minute! You're definitely missing out.

Krusty/Antithesis said:
You guys are one of my favorite bands! I actually met in the audience Matt at my first Symphony X concert, when you guys opened for them in March a few years ago. Then I got to hear him sing when you guys opened for Yngwie, he's insane!

Oh, I keep forgetting to come here now that I'm finally making some music.

Meltdown is a band here in Pittsburgh that is all about recreating the 80's thrash sound and look. They just asked me to join within the last month. I put the first solo on their song "Panic" (I did some others which will be up soon, too). It sounds pretty good for a demo. I was playing my Strat (signed by Yngwie the night before), through the other guy's Ibanez Tube Screamer and Marshall Halfstack, which was a pretty sweet tone - and improvised a solo in one take, which I've never done before.

Oh, and I had to make a site for a class (pulled it off the night before - yes!), which can be found at http://www.geocities.com/seven_stringjp
There's a few sounds and videos.

I'm also in another band, this one's more my style - prog/power/neoclassical/whatever we decide to write, and we're recording in the next 3 weeks.

Check 'em out and let me know what you think!

Hey guys, i'd like to talk about my band , Before Silence.
We're from Belgium and we play a mix of heavy/power metal with some progressive stuff(influences : Evergrey, Symphony X,Stratovarius...). We've just ended recording our first full-lenght album in studio, wich is called The ultimate Nothing and contains 7 tracks (+-40 min) . It will soon be available. (mid december)
You can have a ear on a full track and some samples at www.beforesilence.com (in "music")
Give me your opinions! :headbang:

This piece was made by a "Aresius" on the Rhapsody forums. I like it...

Here is the original post:

Yey! This is a new song made by me and Joakim.

As the previous song I play the piano/synth and Joakim plays the guitars.
We compose the songs together.

This is our fourth song and an advice is : Listen to it a few times before you give us your opinion, because I think it is a song that you need to listen to a few times.

The intro piano sound is the worst ever, and we will change it very soon.

Hopefully you will like this one too. We like it more than "secondsong" but we would like to hear your opinions too.

It is very much classical influences in this song, which you probably and hopefully will hear.

It isn't done yet either, but we wont change that very much smiley2.gif

http://www.gimlee.de/forum4an.mp3

ptah knemu said:
Get Nightfall in Middle Earth, if you do plan on getting some Guardian. Thats my #2 favorite album ever.(V being my #!)

i have the mirror mirror shirt its cool with that dude walking through the snow

Progbass - Thanks for the props. Yeah, we hear the "Kill 'em All" thing a lot. That's what we're going for.
At this point I'm pretty much "the new guy" in Meltdown... since I don't really know jack about thrash, but I'm learning.

soundgarden - That aresius dude is a killer writer, I remember hearing his stuff from my Rhapsody forum lurking. I agree, that song kicks ass!