The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

Heh, I've been to Farmington a few times. Ya know what would be seriously epic though...just down the road from there is a cool landmark called Shiprock...if you could play a set on top of that, and even film a video up there... :worship: :D

shiprock-storm-L.jpg

I took this pic from a distance last January. I think the snow makes it look cool.

2947618208_3b892320e4_b.jpg

And this one was a little farther down the ol' 666 (now numbered US 491 for some odd reason)

2947618066_f63e2c87af_b.jpg

Not the shiprock, mine you, but a cool formation nonetheless.

Hi all,

My band have decided to release our new EP as a free download as no-one really has money at the moment and we want as many people to hear it as possible. I would really appreciate it if people would take a listen and give us feedback on everything from the songwriting to production to performance, and if you like it, or you think you know someone who would like it- passing it on to them would mean a lot to us!

profile_releases_sapphires.jpg

If you enjoy our music, feel free to add our myspace at www.myspace.com/atsunriseuk

Torrent
Direct Download

Thanks,

Matt

p.s updated the direct download link as it wasn't working before

Hey dudes, been a while since I put some new music up on my myspace page.... but... I just put up a new acoustic track that is interesting.. check it out:

www.myspace.com/yahguitar

Just listened to your new track man, i'm liking it a lot! The main chord sequence is really catchy, and the bridge section is really cool, my only criticism might be that you play the chorus riff quite a few times- but with vocals over it that wouldn't really be an issue- is this track meant to be an instrumental or is it a track awaiting vocals?

Just listened to your new track man, i'm liking it a lot! The main chord sequence is really catchy, and the bridge section is really cool, my only criticism might be that you play the chorus riff quite a few times- but with vocals over it that wouldn't really be an issue- is this track meant to be an instrumental or is it a track awaiting vocals?

Not sure.... I've actually tried to put a melody with it and its kind of akward with the timing I have on the song.... its like a split 4/4 into 5/4 kinda thing... The bridge is straight 4/4. Yeah I'll probably either extend the whole song and put lyrics in with it or maybe even have a lead electric guitar go over it? I just really liked the idea and wanted to save it so thats why I put it up, but right now its an unfinished piece lol. :headbang:

Your band is interesing. Not really into the vocals tho. But cool music. Hey lets keep in tocuh... I'm sure when the punky type of girls round here hear of you and I tell them I know the guitarist in the band I'm sure I'll get some easy girls ;) llollllllllllllll.
For real man the music is cool.

Not sure.... I've actually tried to put a melody with it and its kind of akward with the timing I have on the song.... its like a split 4/4 into 5/4 kinda thing... The bridge is straight 4/4. Yeah I'll probably either extend the whole song and put lyrics in with it or maybe even have a lead electric guitar go over it? I just really liked the idea and wanted to save it so thats why I put it up, but right now its an unfinished piece lol. :headbang:

Your band is interesing. Not really into the vocals tho. But cool music. Hey lets keep in tocuh... I'm sure when the punky type of girls round here hear of you and I tell them I know the guitarist in the band I'm sure I'll get some easy girls ;) llollllllllllllll.
For real man the music is cool.

I'd be really interested to see how that song develops :) Lead guitar could definitely sound good over that chord sequence but it might need a bit more filling out (a bit of drums and bass?) otherwise it might sound a bit out of place?

I think the vocals in my band pigeonhole us quite a lot, people hear the vocals and just put us down as an "emo" band and don't bother listening to all the guitar work and drumming which is quite progressive and experimental! :cry:

fPlannin' a tour with Skelator and our brothers in metal, Fallen Angels.

Tentative dates below, also check the link to our blog. Spread the word!

8.28.09 Portland, OR
8.29.09 San Francisco, CA
8.30.09 Santa Cruz, CA
8.31.09 Santa Barbara, CA
9.03.09 San Diego, CA
9.04.09 Tijuana, BC MX
9.05.09 Los Angeles, CA
9.06.09 Medford, OR

Blog and info here

No WI tour dates!?? F-Yous guys! :heh: :lol:

Here's something that I found on the Bumblefoot forum that I think some of you may be interested in. Hell, I'm even going to try to make the Chicago clinic...

Guthrie Govan Clinic dates:

July 15~18 - Raleigh, NC - RMA Workshop with IA Eklundh and Andy Wood
Jul 18 Sat - Raleigh, NC - Indoor Storm/RMA
Jul 20 Mon - Virginia Beach, VA - Alpha Music
Jul 22 Wed - Washington DC - Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Jul 24 Fri - New York - Arlene's Groceries in Manhattan (Guitar Man)
Jul 25 Sat - Boston, MA - Berklee Performance Hall (Matt's Music)
Jul 27 Mon - Montreal, Canada - Diffusion Audio/Moog Music
Jul 29 Wed - Toronto, Canada - Cosmo Music
Jul 31 Fri - Chicago, IL - Make'n Music
Aug 1 Sat - Chicago, IL - Plainfield School of Music

Go to the Saturday date if you go to any of them....that'll be with live band and I *think* they're doing the whole record. Unfortunately, the date in DC is a week before I head back, and only 30 minutes from my parents' place, and the Chicago dates are right after I'm back on the East coast. Fail.

Go to the Saturday date if you go to any of them....that'll be with live band and I *think* they're doing the whole record. Unfortunately, the date in DC is a week before I head back, and only 30 minutes from my parents' place, and the Chicago dates are right after I'm back on the East coast. Fail.

Oh bogus! Timing couldn't be worse!
Hmmmm Plainfield is quite a haul, but if it'll be with a full band, THAT could be cool....Thanks for the tip on that, and I'm truly sorry you're going to miss this... that sucks.... :erk:

Oh bogus! Timing couldn't be worse!
Hmmmm Plainfield is quite a haul, but if it'll be with a full band, THAT could be cool....Thanks for the tip on that, and I'm truly sorry you're going to miss this... that sucks.... :erk:

I appreciate the sympathy:)

The upside to it is that I'll be back east in time to catch the Prognation show in DC. It'll be cool to see DT (again), but I'm stoked about seeing ZPZ and Pain of Salvation. I managed to miss ZPZ by a few days every time and POS should be special too, I'm hoping. I just hope Daniel can stay on point, what with the show being in DC and all. I'm interested in seeing Beardfish too, and I guess Queensryche is on the bill for that night as well. Should be a good time overall.

In all honesty though, I'd pick the Guthrie show if I had to choose.

http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=789146&postcount=1

Go there, and use the e-mail contact to snatch a ticket. Chris P. (Madsman...the guy who posted that) works at the place the concert is being held and is a great guy. I'd try to get on it quick too, I think the RMA show in NC is sold out already, or close to. Granted, it's a bigger bill and it's been advertised for a while already, but response to the dates has been unexpectedly positive.