The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

Wow, everything played by one guy? Sounds really good, talented dude.

yeah man ! just one dude playing everything, plus, he's got an amazing voice in both clean and death metal vox , i'm not sure if the uploaded prolix life version is with vocals or not. there is another track uploaded on youtube with a video of him playing, check it out on his blog ! he's looking for band members actually but he couldn't find any !! I wish i could play with him tho :headbang:

He's good. I will however say that the music sounds too Opeth'ish to me. It's my philosophy that just because something is good doesn't mean you should copy/restrict yourself to it. Ah well...

I would wander a bit from that sound and introduce some personal touch to the music along with other possible influences.

He's good. I will however say that the music sounds too Opeth'ish to me. It's my philosophy that just because something is good doesn't mean you should copy/restrict yourself to it. Ah well...

I would wander a bit from that sound and introduce some personal touch to the music along with other possible influences.

I wonder if people said the same when they heard the first band that played heavy riffs and dark lyrics after Black Sabbath ...

First:
Thanks for all the kind words about the Pabulum stuff guys! Support is always greatly appreciated, regardless of who or what band it is. I haven't been on this site for a long time and a friend sent me the link, and I just wanted to stop by and say thanks!

Second:
Marwen, you are right, lol, It does sound very Opeth-ish but I guess when your travelling from A to C you always have to go through B first and thats where I am at the moment.

I hope to see everyone in the future and I hope you guys keep checking out the Pabulum stuff. Theres a new song going up tonight with full vocals so drop by : http://www.myspace.com/pabulum1 and check it out, any and all comments are always welcome!

Cheers again,
Keith (Pabulum)

Wow, this was a nice surprise...a sort of Finnish supergroup comprised of a couple ex-Sonata Arctica fellas (guitarist/songwriter Jani Liimatainen, keyboardist Mikko Harkin), Wintersun/Norther bassist, plus Timo Kotipelto on vocals. I like this more than Strato's new album, and that was pretty good...can't wait to pick this up in September.

Cain's Offering official site (has a media player)

Oceans Of Regret...this one actually has a touch of house in the intro, and an infectious as hell chorus :)

Last edited by a moderator:
www.myspace.com/deisband

I'm finally starting up a band. I found this really really good drummer and I'll be doing the guitars. We're polishing up the songs we wrote and to record some tracks and we're looking for some band members! Its going to be proggy metal and I'll re-update as soon as we got some songs recorded!

We have 3 tours for the fall.

September with Cauldron/Enforcer and October with 3 Inches of Blood. Those ones are mostly North Eastern US.

Then in November/December we're going out with Marduk, Nachtmystium, and one other band (I forget who - I just got home from work so I'm too lazy to look it up) and doing the whole US/Canada thing.

As always, PM me if you have nothin' to do and want to come hang at a free metal show.