The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

You all know that I rarely, if ever spam these hallowed halls with any band stuff, but I just wanted to make all of you North Eastern types aware of the following events. This is for anyone who’s a fan of guitar oriented music. These guys are all pros, and their resumes include Frank Zappa, Steve Vai, Dethklok, Zappa Plays Zappa amongst others. I’ve been a fan & friend of Mike Keneally & Bryan Beller for a while, and have seen them in various formats throughout the years, even travelling clear across the country for some special gigs. The have NEVER disappointed me, and are quite a talented bunch. You’d have to try incredibly hard to not have fun at their gigs. These should be some really cool shows. Since I can’t make the jump out east, I’m hoping they do well enough out there to hit other parts of the country. These guys have plenty of music out there for you to check out, MySpace, FaceBook, Youtube channels, and their own sites www.keneally.com , www.bryanbeller.com

Anyway, check em out if you dare! Tell them Willcoxon sent ya, and enjoy some fine music!

mkbb.jpg

Mike Keneally Band
with special guest
The Bryan Beller Band

THEY'RE BOTH THE SAME BAND
NORTHEAST TOUR 2010

Tuesday, May 4
World Cafe Live
3025 Walnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19104
(215) 222-1400
Tickets: $20
Showtime: 8pm
All ages welcome!

Wednesday, May 5
Lilly's Pad at Toad's Place
300 York Street
New Haven CT 06511
(203) 562-5589
Showtime: 8pm
All ages welcome!

Friday, May 7
Regattabar at the Charles Hotel
One Bennett Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 661-5000
Showtime: 7:30pm
21+ required for entry

Saturday, May 8 - VENUE CHANGE!
Hiro Ballroom (in the Maritime Hotel)
371 West 16th Street (between 8th and 9th Avenues)
New York, NY 10011-5892
Info: (212) 727-0212 or Hiro Ballroom website
Tickets: $20 in advance, $25 on the day of the show
Doors 6pm, Showtime: 7pm
16+ required for entry
Facebook event page for this show

Sunday, May 9
Orion Sound Studios
2903 Whittington Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21230-1461
(410) 646-7334
Tickets: $20 - Advance tickets now available!
Showtime: 7:00
All ages welcome!

Hey guys,

Check out one of my band Divine Ascension. If i had to sum it up it'd be female fronted symphonic melodic metal. Our myspace has our 2007 demo recorded for your listening pleasure.

http://www.myspace.com/divineascensionband

We are also just finishing up our debut full length album (being engineered/produced by another user on the site, "Ermz" that frequents the Andy Sneap forum a lot). Should be released in the later half of 2010.

Thanks

Ok, quick personal update. I've been recording TWO cds with my two bands. Quick rundown on what's happening with each:

Shaded Enmity: Melodic extreme metal that a lot of you guys would probably love, despite the blasts and growly vocals. Very melodic. We just finished in a weekend's time the new album entitled "Hijo Perdito" (i think.... it's "Lost Son" in Spanish... I think). It's currently being mixed, and the early very rough mix I heard of the song "Crystal For Your Life" is fucking incredible. I'll let everyone know when that is coming out and when tracks are on the myspace. I really feel like it's going to be a great album that people can really get into.

Skelator: Also just finished up in the studio. Skelator is a more traditional heavy metal band that mixes in elements of thrash, death, black, power, and progressive metal into the mix. Sounds cliche huh? Well, we basically go for sing along choruses with some REALLY badass parts surrounding them and I feel like we've been successful on that front. These guys I play with in this band are so talented that I just can't help but feel lucky that I'm a part of it! The early mix of "Symphony of the Night" (Yes, a song based on the Castlevania saga) is sounding evil and awesome. I can't wait till the mix is perfect and we can get it out to everyone to hear!!

I don't wish to sound too full of myself, but I wouldn't be in these bands if i didn't think they were really fucking great. It's been an honor to work with everyone involved over the past few months to get these albums going, and I'm excited to show people what I've been doing with my life for the past 2 years!! I wish to thank everyone in advance for giving us a bit of attention.

Nothing new on either yet (I'll definitely let y'all know when something new comes up to check out) but for now, please take a second to check out my two bands songs.

Shaded Enmity - Melodic Death/Black Metal.

Skelator - True/Heavy Metal. Loud and proud!

Thanks! Here's two live vids from a recent show of some tracks off the upcoming album. One Way Out is much in the same vein as the previous album (which you can probably find on blog sites) but Man at the Edge of the World is midpaced (but still got some of that crazy drumwork!) which is a bit different than the previous album.

Last edited by a moderator:
A local Kuwaiti band called Depth put their EP on youtube. They genresize themselves as progressive death metal. Let them know what you think. I think it's good stuff but I don't like the lyrics and cookie monster vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/depthkuwait#p/a/u/1/x58E5wLIbv0

They have riffs, that's for sure. Like you, I don't dig the vocals at all; cookie monster is a great comparison :devil: I actually wouldn't mind if they changed direction and went instrumental.

I thought some parts were much too repetitive, and that's something that repels me.

I play keys for a Female-fronted prog/power metal band called Samandriel and we have an EP coming out this August! If you guys like Blind Guardian, Nightwish, Fates Warning and Iron Maiden I think you'll get a kick from this.

myspace.com/samandriel

Our EP is being mastered by Jacob Hansen (Tyr, Mercenary, Volbeat, Falconer, Beyond Twilight, etc) so it's gonna sound pretty great. Check it out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff,

I tried to get through that video but I really couldnt get into the video, people talking overall sound etc. So I went to your Myspace and checked out the song from there. I dug the tune its well done and production / mixing sound good too, the mastered version will only sound better.

Regarding the video, I didnt have a problem with the musicianship its just the style of the music is hard to convey on a live clip like the one you posted. You did a good job replicating the keyboards from the studio live but getting the right mix between 2 singers and getting good sound live is always a hard thing to do let alone trying to get that through the condeser mic of a digital camera is way hard.

But yeah it cool stuff.

Just a shameless plug for this band I know...

These guys are all really close friends of mine and I'm really stoked to finally (after a couple years now) see them start to get off the ground a bit. I imagine most people here might not be too into the stuff, but I think it's pretty fuckin' grand (I may be a bit biased!) and they deserve a plug:

http://www.myspace.com/saturnaliamn

I'm making this cool new website where I convert and edit METAL songs into 8 bit. I'm doing it because I enjoy metal music and 8 bit stuff and when I started converting some Symphony X songs it sounded really badass.
Here is the site:
http://sites.google.com/site/8bitmetalmusic/

And here is the Symphony X area:
http://sites.google.com/site/8bitmetalmusic/bands/symphony-x

Like I said some of them sound really good like Egypt and Of Sin and Shadows. Check them out. And I have plans of converting a loooooootttttt more metal songs so stay tuned.. it just takes a while to do the whole process.

Some songs and some parts of other songs sounded really good in 8-bit! Cool stuff. The only thing that annoys me is the wide vibrato option...it sounds so bad in midi.

8-bit Egypt is excellent - and also showcases how good the original song is too.

They certainly make interesting tracks to sing along to