The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

Seems like it's been forever since we have had any new news that DIDN'T involve new members! Well, finally there's a few things to say.

First off, we've completed phase one of recording which is to make a 3 song demo, so shoot on over to the Skelator myspace to check out some brand new tunes! The Truth has been a part of our live set for a number of months and Victory has made its live debut recently, but now you can listen to them in the comfort of your own home!! There's also a demo clip of "Stand Up (For Rock n' Roll)" that you can check out.

That means we're about to start recording our next album, Death to All Nations! We're spending a few weeks rehearsing for upcoming shows and getting the last few details in the songs themselves worked out and will start tracking drums near the end of the month. All I can say is this album will be fucking epic. Nothing but riffs, licks, and rock bombs being dropped like nobody's business!

Also, details aren't quite 100% ironed out yet, but there will be a VERY SPECIAL SHOW down in San Diego in March: a one time classic "Swords" era set featuring ex-members Rah Davis on bass and Jesse Jensen on guitar!! It's going to be fucking insanely awesome and I hope to make it down to witness the destruction myself!

That's about all the news we've got for now, but 2010 is looking to be a promising year. However, for now the lips are sealed.

Tellus Requiem are beeing nominated for MP-Price 2010! We need your vote!

It's realy easy to give your vote:

Click here:
http://musikkweb.no/func/poll_img.php?id=3

and mark "Tellus Requiem"

That's it! No Strings what so ever attached!

Thanx for your support!:headbang:

To listen to tracks from our upcomming release: www.tellusrequiem.com
l_768775a7e6f845fea2378b0216d73216.jpg

Sorry but I googled "HANNE VATNØY" and I prefer her over your generic, bland, Norén-cover shit band. She got my vote.

http://www.myspace.com/hannevatnoey
Funky stuff with influences from all over the pop-spectrum. Great voice, writes her own stuff, good musician, doesn't hog votes on internet forums.

Vote Hanne!
Thanx for your support!

Sorry but I googled "HANNE VATNØY" and I prefer her over your generic, bland, Norén-cover shit band. She got my vote.

http://www.myspace.com/hannevatnoey
Funky stuff with influences from all over the pop-spectrum. Great voice, writes her own stuff, good musician, doesn't hog votes on internet forums.

Vote Hanne!
Thanx for your support!

I'm sorry that you feel that way! Hanne is great! And I can't wait to hear some of your tunes!:worship:p

Fuck! I thought you were just another drop-by spammer. Maybe you are, though! Anyway sorry. Your band even has a cover better than most Norén covers.

Yes Hanne is awesome. But I am in no way affiliated with her. I'm just being an asshole. Although she is pretty fucking good, I must say. She still has my vote :<>

This is not my band but I've liked them ever since I heard them. They have this cool japanese twist going on. Anyone heard Whispered?

Here's the homepage:
www.whisperedband.com

This one song is so damn epic.. reminds me a little bit about The Odyssey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just listened to it again... the intro is TOTALLY music behind the trailer for any given "Historical" disney movie of your choice, like Mulan or some shit. It'd be some panning shot of the mountains of japan in the middle of fall, maybe cut to a pagoda with red leaves blowing in front of it, then a solitary mountain with a single house on top where the master is training his student. That same child warrior that was training has his small village invaded or parents get kidnapped, and he lives with the horrible memory of that day and the tragic events until the trailer inevitably cuts 7 years into the future, the boy has grown into a man and he's standing on the mountain in front of the cabin he trained in while the camera is at an aerial point of view circling around him. He's probably practicing with his sweet samurai sword that was passed down to him, or just kung fu. Either way, they show that he has mastered some deadly skill. Oh and it's raining and dark. There's probably flashbacks cut into the circular aerial shot, but it ends by zooming in on the determined face of our now grown warrior, who narrows his eyes and the screen fades to black. Then on 3 final accents, 3 screens of the upcoming battle flash briefly and fade to black as the title of the movie fades in.

That's what this music is.

ANTITHESIS FINALLY FINISHED THEIR ALBUM!

I saw these guys open for Symphony X in Cleveland in like 2003 and I've loved them ever since. Their singer's AWESOME. And his wife recommended this forum to me, haha - anyone remember "underrullosspell"?

Hey everyone!

My solo album « Trapped » is finally available!

This is where you can order it :

http://juliendamotte.bigcartel.com/ 13€ (France and everywhere else)
http://www.guitareuroshop.com/ 13€ (France and everywhere else)
http://www.guitar9.com/guitarmusic9/trapped.html 14$ (USA and everywhere else)

I hope you like it !

Julien Damotte

www.juliendamotte.com

www.myspace.com/damotte

TRAPPED is : Julien DAMOTTE (Vocals, Guitars, Bass, Programming), Gus Monsanto (Revolution Renaissance, ex-Adagio), Mattias Eklundh (Freak Kitchen), Christophe Godin (Mörglbl Trio), Nach (Awacks, Madonagun), Mattjö Haussy (Madonagun), Buzz (Tubular Brain) et Maya (Soul/RnB artist) have all contributed to it.

Mixed by Kevin Codfert (Adagio, Venturia, Myrath) and Mastered by Jürgen Lusky (Angra, Adagio, Gotthard …) at the famous House of Audio Studios (Germany).

For the fans of Dream Theater, Devin Townsend, Symphony X, Textures, Evergrey, Pain of Salvation, Spock’s Beard, Adagio, Ayreon or even Freak Kitchen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Played a sweet show last weekend opening for Warrel Dane's solo stuff. Both my bands played so the guitarist Rob and I were pulling double duty. This is a video of Her Gorgeous Eye by Shaded Enmity that I'm posting because of the sweet simultaneous headbanging action at the beginning.

Also there's two songs from the upcoming album that we played live at this show, "Man at the Edge of the World" (awesome mid-paced song) and "One Way Out" (last song of the set, probably will open the next album). Feel free to check those out, they're part of the same playlist.

Constructive criticism as a drummer:

Your drummer's blasting is very impressive but the tinkering around on the cymbals during the quiet parts leaves something to be desired; he could do a lot more musically. I'm thinking Derek Roddy as the perfect example for bringing in some deeper musicality to even extreme metal contexts (see link). A lot of metal drummers seem like they don't know what to do when they're not blasting so they just sort of tap around on the cymbals, and I don't mean to knock but there's no reason why we can't do more than a complete split between blasting and cymbal white noise. Your guy is a great player and it's not directed at him, but at the genre more generally.