The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

Looking forward to some original songs. Whoever is singing in that song isn't wholly unpleasant to listen to although it sounds a little strained. That's the only thing off the top of my head. Otherwise quite good as far as acoustic covers goes.

Yeah, definitely agree. The guy has a great voice but sometimes he doesn't have confidence. Its funny you mentioned strained because he expressed the same emotions after we were done recording. I need to give him some tips or get him in some lessons.. get him a book etc. Hes got the pipes just needs to learn how to control it. Thanks for checking it out! :D

hey, i'm in a prog/power band from philadelphia PA called Steadfast.

if ya have a few mins and feel like checkin us out we'd appreciate it.
www.myspace.com/steadfastfirst

Here's my thoughts about it:

There are quite some good ideas in the few songs available. I thought there was some potential for you guys' composition skills.

But, apart from the bad sounding quality, here's the downsides. The singer managed to annoy me after one song. It's just the way he sings, I can't stand it. Also, the lead guitar player should practice more before recording stuff like that, it's still out of his capacities. I prefer no lead at all than sloppy shredding. And lastly, there's a lack of cohesion which also bothers me; however I believe extended recording and a good mixing should fix it.

Just found out about the new “Shadow Gallery” prog-metal album coming out in like 2 weeks. I pre-ordered it on amazon.com along with Transatlantic’s new cd ;) The new cd ‘Digital Ghosts’ by SG is out Oct 23rd in the states and Nov. 3 in the states. They haave a new leadsinger/ guitar player named Brian Ashland. The guy sounds pretty freakin amazing in the new Myspace clip they got up…well haha the whole band really does. Funny I just found out they are centered in PA. Not too far from Symphony in Jersey.

They uploaded a new full song on Myspace called “Gold Dust”.

Mike baker, their old lead singer died at the end of October last year…RIP…but despite losing him I have a really open mind about the new singer. They never really disappointed me before.

Here is some stuff I found:

Shadow Gallery's Gary Wehrkamp interview
http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/m2424803.aspx

New singer Brian Ashland's interview
http://www.dementiaradio.com/dr/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,34/

Press release
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsite\
mID=128504

Shadow Gallery's myspace (so you can hear the new song)
http://www.myspace.com/officialshadowgallery

That Gold Dust song sounds like a mix between Operation:Mindcrime 2-Queensrÿche and old Shadow Gallery. The result is bland and boring I'm afraid :(. The new singer isn't bad though.

My mates band "The Arusha Accord" brought out the first album yesterday, please check it out on their myspace and if you likes it, BUY IT! :) its a little bit screamy but has lots of slap bass and time signature adventures.

xx matt

Hope you don't mind the shameless plug...

British progressive metallers Threshold are on tour next week across Europe, supported by fellow prog metallers Serenity and Spheric Universe Experience. Threshold's keyboard player Richard West recently checked in from rehearsals:

"Greetings from all of us down here in Windsor! We're off on the road one final time to promote Dead Reckoning and celebrate 20 years of Threshold. As most of you know Damian Wilson recently confirmed he's officially back with the band, he's been touring with us for the last two years and it's amazing to work with him again, he's such a good front man. The new set's coming together really well, Fighting For Breath and The Art Of Reason sound absolutely huge! There are loads of classics on the list: Slipstream, Pilot In The Sky Of Dreams, Mission Profile, Long Way Home, Consume To Live, even Paradox is on there! These should be our best live shows ever and our last tour for a while, so I hope you'll come down and spend an evening with us."

The tour dates are as follows:

29 Oct 2009: Zeche Carl, Essen, Germany
30 Oct 2009: Colos Saal, Aschaffenburg, Germany
31 Oct 2009: Movie, Bielefeld, Germany
01 Nov 2009: Z7, Pratteln, Switzerland
02 Nov 2009: Backstage, Munich, Germany
04 Nov 2009: Firlej, Wroclaw, Poland
05 Nov 2009: Bergkeller, Reichenbach, Germany
06 Nov 2009: Spirit of 66, Verviers, Belgium
07 Nov 2009: Boerderij, Zoetermeer, Netherlands
08 Nov 2009: Relentless Garage, London, England

For more information see www.thresh.net

Hey guys. New 'Shadow Gallery' album 'Digital ghosts' is out now. I'm listening to it right now :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: It's awesome. Lovin the new singer Brian Ashland!

http://www.myspace.com/cryosismusic

This is me, remixing video game themes (and writing original songs that aren't up yet) in my basement. I play guitar and keyboards, can't sing to I growl/scream, program the drums...and I sequence the bass because I don't have a bass yet. The quality changes from song to song on this page, 'cause I upgraded my software and knowledge along the way. I also recently upgraded my recording rig, so I should have some new stuff up by the end of the month.

Eh, thought it'd be a good idea to put it up here. I write a lot of progressive riffs, so when I get my own written songs up I'll bump it, I guess.

Enjoy for now. :)

What is it? Fates Warning? I feel as if I should know what it is.

edit: tight playing by the way

Yeah man! Ivory Gate of Dreams! Killer progressive metal classic! We are learning the whole song. I'll post it when we get it down.

The intro of Ivory Gate is so awesome. The way that resolution just flows into the main theme...sends shivers down my spine.