The Official Doom Thread

Ok I've been totally out of the loop recently. What worthwhile doom has been released this year aside from the new Ogre?

im a newb, though ive bought tons of doom albums over the past few months. Revelation's new one is worth looking into. listening now. good stuff.

Against Nature's "Descend" is solid, though I enjoy Appease a lot more.

Ive heard Grand Magus' new one is good.

solstice's new dark age and pentagram relentless just showed up along with my hammerheart replacement. relapse "lost" the online order, hence it took a week longer, so they gave me free UPS shipping and included, all brand new, incantation's onward to golgotha, today is the day's temple of the morning star and brian posehn's live in: nerd rage (?)

the revelation is the best release from 2008 ive heard so far (out of 2 or 3). way too much 90's stuff being bought, like....

my three Iron Man CDs that showed up. THe band manager, Mike, contacted me through Hellride and is sending me something for free.

also, got in contact with Dennis Cornelius regarding Frozen Masque which he has 5 copies of FYI.

opinions on Count Raven 4 albums. which are best? which suck?

Place of Skulls - The Black is Never Far is MASSIVE!

Reactions: SonOfNun
Storm Warning and Destruction Of The Void are great. High On Infinity and Messiah Of Confusion I don't have much of a remembrance of, so I don't know how much that says about them.

get everything from Count Raven sans Messiah of Confusion.

Go read my list again J., you knee-grow.

Mike is a good guy. He'll probably send you the live CD of last year's performance @ DoBD. The sound quality is so-so, but fuck....ugh...this weekend cant come fast enough.

i was talking to Mike about next year's DoD, which I would much rather go to than HCIV (no offense to anyone). He said it might be in CLeveland next year. I would have rather visited Maryland with the wife, but oh well.

Or may be I'm confused about another Doom fest. Whatever.

also, ive listened to the gates of slumber on myspace numerous times, but i cant get into it. the epic type stuff is hit or miss with me. the maryland type bluesy, groove, smooth vocal stuff hits me right

opinions on:

Minotauri
Spiritus Mortis
Mirror of Deception

best albums from each?

Everyone needs Internal Void's Unearthed. Damn, this is some rockin' stuff

Minotauri's first album is some awesome shit.

Mirror of Deception is all around fucking awesome. My favourite is probably Forgone with Shards right behind it. Fucking awesome melancholic/melodic doom. Loads and loads of atmosphere.

And Internal Void's Unearthed is definitely a fucking rocking rocking album.

opinions on:

Minotauri
Spiritus Mortis
Mirror of Deception

best albums from each?

Everyone needs Internal Void's Unearthed. Damn, this is some rockin' stuff

Minotauri's s/t album has some really great tracks then some really blah tracks. Hit or miss and VERY rough.

Spiritus Mortis - never got into them much. Nothing ever struck me as anything special or worth looking further into.

Mirror of Deception - one of my favorites is Foregone...tremendous album..oozes emotion. As does the Conversion EP. Mirrorsoil is great too with the weird throat singing in parts. Shards would probably be my least favorite but still has some killer tracks.

I don't know man, I thought Blizaro was pretty fucking impressive. Of course some parts dragged on a bit much, but that's to be expected and accounted for with an improvisational project. They actually played one of the longer sets of the day too.

I don't know man, I thought Blizaro was pretty fucking impressive. Of course some parts dragged on a bit much, but that's to be expected and accounted for with an improvisational project. They actually played one of the longer sets of the day too.

I'd agree. Also, it was weird and equally as impressive to see Puleo behind the kit and be so proficient.