The Official Doom Thread

that's one band im torn on whether to buy their stuff, that being lamp of thoth

They're easily my fave band around right now. A bunch of oddballs in the doom scene but I love their stuff. Have you listened to much of their offerings? I don't think you can go wrong with "Portents, Omens, and Doom".

So I know that nobody here actually gives a fuck about the reviews that I write, but as a couple people here know, I've been conducting an interview with John Brenner of Revelation and Against Nature via a series of e-mail exchanges that got caught up in a few delays here and there, but it's finally done. It will be posted in three sections because it's pretty long. The first part is posted already, the second will be posted tomorrow.

The second part is now posted.

Well, its the GMD's fault for having that thing where they put gifs of gay sex in their sigs. Since then I've been afraid to turn them back on!

http://morbidknocking.blogspot.com/

At last, we present part III of our interview with John Brenner, concluding the marathon of questions that he unwittingly embarked on with me beforehand. In this part, John discusses a wide range of topics, from the origins of the name Against Nature and artistic criticism to recalling the early days of the Maryland doom scene, as well as the current state of doom metal across the nation, culminating in several festivals, including two of his own. We discuss recording labels, including Shadow Kingdom Records, as well as Bland Hand Records, his digital label, through which all Against Nature material, as well as a wealth of material from other bands, is distributed. We even managed to talk about downloading, and Nigro Mantia, an obscure Danish metal band from the mid 80s who released one demo tape, and yet somehow came to influence John's writing. I would like to take this time to publicly thank Mr. Brenner for having the patience to answer my excessive amount of questions and for being the first (of hopefully many) victims of my interviewing capabilities. So without further ado, here is the conclusion of our first interview here at Morbid Knocking, in its entirety. We hope that you have enjoyed reading it and appreciated the thought and care that we have put into our questions. We also hope that you appreciate the equal amount of thought and care that the subject of our interview has put into his answers.

did everyone see the while heaven wept news:

Just wanted to let everyone here know that the official website and our My Space page have been updated with a significant amount of news, but I'll summarize here anyway:

1. I have stepped aside as lead vocalist for a plethora of reasons, and after almost a year of covert rehearsals, I'm pleased to announce the new singer is Rain Irving from the old Magna Carta prog metal band Altura. I will be focusing primarily on guitar, just like back in '89, but will contribute harmony vocals and so forth along with Jim and Michelle.

2. We've booked a month of studio dates throughout the summer to complete the "Vast Oceans Lachrymose" album. The masters will be delivered to Cruz Del Sur Music by September 1st, allowing for a 2009 release.

3. New merch will be available in time for the Born Too Late festival, and we will have enough surplus for Internet orders after the fact as well. We are also in the process of renewing our EU merch deal, so there will be further designs available in 2010.

4. There will be a vinyl pressing of "VOL" and other subsequent releases made available throughout the 2009-2010 20th anniversary

5. We are in the process of planning dates in the EU for 2010 and a couple other shows domestically...more on that soon.

For more detailed info on these developments, feel free to peruse www.whileheavenwept.com and www.myspace.com/whileheavenwept

Looking forward to seeing everyone again in Rochester and beyond. Official Cruz Del Sur Music updates will follow in the next couple months.

It was probably just me. I think it's pretty ace. I like it a lot; it moves from The Hidden Hand a bit, but that's it. If you like Wino, you'll dig it.

Anyone heard of Chilean band Procession? Pretty intense trad doom, the strings are so lush and crisp they could be made out of Swizzlenuts' beard offcuts.

A Warning vibe all over though slightly more epic and "alive". Digging this right now.

Front.jpg

http://rapidshare.com/files/231436763/T.C.O.D.Procession.Doomstermaniac.rar