The Official Get To Know Your Bandmates Thread!

Virus

Proud IMG Guitarist
Apr 17, 2001
Sheffield, England
Just for a bit of fun here are some probing questions for you all!

1, What is your favourite Non-Alcholic drink?
2, Knight Rider, Street Hawk or Airwolf?
3, What is your favoutite food?

Feel free to add to them! :cool: :)

1. errm.... non-alcoholic beer... just kidding ;) I would say 'Kin Water (yeah, that was a joke for Maiden maniacs only *g*) I would say orangejuice is my favourite
2. Knight Rider for sure
3. anything italian or chinese

hmm...

1. Lemonade. Maybe water.
2. Knight Rider. I don't even know what the other 2 are. :confused:
3. That is too generic a question. I have many favorite dishes in many favorite cuisine-types. If you asked me what one food would I pick if I were on a deserted island and I only had that one choice, hmm....I am not sure...maybe tacos? ...I probably only say that because I have not had tacos in a while..and now I am kinda craving one. I would get sick of any one food fast. When it comes to food, variety is the spice of life. :)

1. Hmm...Used to be coffee, but I kicked that one! :) Probably Orange juice.
2.Are these tv shows? I remember a tv show Knight rider from when I was a kid but I'm not sure of the others. So Knight Rider.
3. Favorite food...It's got to be a toss up between burrito's and taco's, or Pizza.

Gatorade, Iced Tea

Well, I only know Knight rider, so I'll go with that!;)

I have many, but I'm particularly fond of good Mexican food, Fajitas, etc. :)

Cool! Keep 'em coming! Any more question anyone can think of?

You must have heard of Street Hawk and Airwolf?! Street Hawk was the super bike and Airwolf the super helicopter... Basically they were rip offs of Knight Rider, execept the vehicles couldn't talk ;)

1. Favorite Cd.
Well, it changes often! Right now ,given the state the world is in,
I've been in a mood where I find myself thinking a lot more about some things that I usually don't think as much about. U2's All that you can't leave behind has really struck a chord with me. (Ahem...)

Lyrics like, Something is about to give. I can feel it comin' think I know what it is. Not afraid to die, not afraid to live and when I'm flat on my back I hope to say that I did. And sadness it set's in. You need some protection. The thin of the skin. Who's to say where the wind will take you, who's to say what it is will break you, I don't know...which way the wind will blow. Who's to know when your time has come around don't wanna see you cry, I know that this is not goodbye.

I know I screwed those lyrics up but anyway they really touched me. A lot of the lyrics on that cd really move me. The music is good too.

2. Hardest song ever learned.
Um...I think some of the songs I used to play with my old band were very hard to master, but that doesn't count because I'm biased there. :) Um...I can't think of any one song that has been the most difficult. There have been a lot of really difficult songs I've learned over the years. These days, Breakin the law would probably be hard for me if I didn't already know how to play it. :)

3. I've always wanted to play piano, and drums...I think the most difficult instrument I could ever learn to use would be my voice. :)

I hear you on the U2 album Mr Hyde! There's one song on there which really changed my way of thinking quite a bit, "Stuck In A Moment" I think it's called... Excellent album :)

1, Favourite Cd changes all the time, but at the minute definately Bruce Dickinson - Accident Of Birth! Man Of Sorrows blows me away! :cool:

2, Hardest song I've learnt so far was definately Pagannini's 5th Carprice, it's just stupidly difficult!! I never managed to learn all of it, if I didn't play it everyday I had to start learning it all over again! If that doesn't count as a song, then the next one would be The Devil Went Down To Georgia, those violin parts are awesome for finger exercise! :eek:

3, It's a tie between bass and drums! :)

Oh, Yeah, Pagannini's 5th was incredibly hard. I couldn't remember the parts either. I eventually gave up trying to learn all of it and just memorized the part following the intro arpeggio's.
I tried for a long time to learn "Flight of the bumblebee" but my memory killed me on that one. It's so chromatic.

The intro solo to "The Sails of Charon" by the Scorpions has always been one of my favorite solo's but I've never been able to quite figure it out accurately. It's pretty difficult for me.

Eruption was hard to learn. Actually, all of EV's solo's are difficult for me because of his use of free time improvising. Sometimes it seems like he's just playing anything, but it somehow makes sense.

The solo to Highway star kills me. I still can't figure out what each individual guitar line is doing. I think it might be counterpoint, but it kills my ear.

Oh, yeah I rythm that has always given me a major cramp in my forearm is Disposable Hero's.

You know this is going to sound crazy but when I was younger I used to put on my Ride the Lightning album and play along with it on 45 speed. It put most of the stuff in E up to around A and I played along with Creeping Death and Trapped under Ice like that. I was pretty fast back then!
:lol:

Answer to Virus:

1:
Orange/"tropical" juice, or maybe a raspberry smoothie..

2:
Knight Rider, of course, David Hasselhoff rocks (it's true, you know)!

3:
Pepper steak with cognac-sauce and garlicbaked potatoes, with a little tzatziki on the side *yum*

Originally posted by Virus

1. Water (+ lots of others... :D )
2. none
3. Everything that tastes good :D

Originally posted by Constantine
1. Favorite CD?

2. Hardest song ever learned on your musicial instrument?

3. Had the chance to learn a new instrument, what would it be?

1. It changes all the time, but at the moment it's "Lord Of Earth And Heavens Heir" by Human Fortress.

2. I think I've learned to play Phantom Of The Opera (the Iron Maiden song) pretty well. :D (my instrument is bass guitar, btw)

3. Hmm... drums, maybe. :)

Originally posted by Constantine
How about these quick questions

1. Favorite CD?
2. Hardest song ever learned on your musicial instrument?
3. Had the chance to learn a new instrument, what would it be?

take care
Constantine

1. Errr...changes all the time. Probably Abbey Road or Sgt Pepper by the Beatles. I am listening to the Linkin Park album a lot lately.

2. The next song I have to learn for the IMG! ;)

3. Skin Flute! ..oh wait..I already learnt that. hmmm.. Piano.

What is your favourite Non-Alcholic drink?

Coke, water or milk.

Knight Rider, Street Hawk or Airwolf?

Shite, I had completely forgotten Street Hawk! :eek: But still, I have to go with Knight Rider. K.I.T.T. rocks!

What is your favoutite food?

Spaghetti, pizza or kebab-french fries.

Favorite CD?

At the time it's either Requiem's Arrival or Nightwish's Century Child.

Hardest song ever learned on your musicial instrument?

Pretty much anything I ever learned... :p :lol:

Had the chance to learn a new instrument, what would it be?

Keys or piano. Definately.